pixeltracker

Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film- Page 2

Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film

NOB88
#25Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 4:53pm

Not great either but his singing is much better than Julianne - WOW.

Did you like Tom Cruise?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#26Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 4:55pm

Her voice is a little husky, but that clip of her singing "The Wizard and I" was fairly competent. It seems exactly like how Wicked would sound as a movie soundtrack.

LALALand Profile Photo
LALALand
#27Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 4:58pm

NOB88 - Tom Cruise is laughable. Its clear they have blended his voice with another to make the money notes stronger. his acting is better than you'd expect, but doesn't really pull off Rock Star.

Gaveston2
#28Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:09pm

I am NOT arguing against any of the points made here, but Hough's "The Wizard and I" is better than I expected. No, she doesn't really have the upper range, but I don't think she's entirely delusional if she dreams of playing the part.

JohnyBroadway
#29Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:13pm

Only if Betty White plays Morrible.

NOB88
#30Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:16pm

LALALand,well thanks for taking that bullet. I was a fan of the stage show but only mildly interested in the movie. I think I will pass.

EatTheBrownie
#31Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:18pm

Lea Michelle has that part in the bag for the next five years... She'd literally poison, f-ck, backstab, or murder anyone who got in her way. Everyone in Hollywood knows it. Universal knows it... They almost let her do the part on Broadway before Glee hit gianourmously. Unless she disappears completely after Glee gets cancelled and/or her character is finally let go from the show, she'll be a finalist for the role.

She's guaranteed ticket sales. And despite how much people hate her, I know I do, she "can" sing the role as written.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#32Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:20pm

She's not leaving Glee, but I'd have to agree. The girl wants that part and wouldn't be surprised if she weaseled her way into it.

Gaveston2
#33Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:31pm

Actually, Lea Michelle looks enough like Idina Menzel that--until I looked up Michelle's bio--I assumed they had found her in one of the WICKED companies.

For the record, I don't really understand the hatred of Michelle here. Not that everyone has to love her, but HATE her? Really?

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#34Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:32pm

Hough's voice does sound less squeaky when she's not singing rock music. Maybe she could pull it off, who knows?

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

LALALand Profile Photo
LALALand
#35Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:32pm

I don't think they'll go with a Television star. Not for the lead.

EatTheBrownie
#36Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:48pm

Ah... Like how Molly Shannon, Adam Sandler, Will Ferral, Kirsten Wiig, and every other SNL cast members don't get leads in movies either?

Glee is more than a TV show... It's a phenomenon and Lea Michelle is one of the central parts of it.

LALALand Profile Photo
LALALand
#37Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 5:58pm

EatTheBrownie - i completely understand and still don't think this will go to her unless she lands some bigger roles in films. My guess would be that some pop singer will end up playing it.

someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
someone.else's.story2
#38Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 6:10pm

Wow, I hated her Wizard and I! Seriously cringeworthy...

“I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.” ``oscar wilde``

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#39Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 7:06pm

Okay, I get liking someone or being a fan of someone, but to say that this girl is the most talented person that the project (if it ever happens) could get is absurd. She's bland bland bland on camera, her line delivery is dreadful and she looks like twenty other blondes. The whole point of Elphaba is that she's an outsider, she's unique looking, she has struggled with discrimination for all of her life...it'd be such a F*CK you to Gregory Maguire and the slew of talented, unconventional looking actresses who would be up for the role to cast this girl. Let's cast Heidi Montag as Glinda while we're at it.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#40Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 7:15pm

Reese Witherspoon wants herself some Galinda role.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#41Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 7:17pm

ray-andallthatjazz86, WHO said any of that?

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#42Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 7:18pm

Reese Witherspoon will probably be in her forties by the time the movie gets made.

Well, that's an idea. They could just cast it Grease-style with actors who are obviously not students.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Updated On: 5/14/12 at 07:18 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#43Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 7:21pm

So will Julianne Hough.

Matt2 Profile Photo
Matt2
#44Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 9:50pm

Like others have said, Julianne Hough better watch her back. Elphaba is Lea Michelle's role (at least in Michelle's mind anyway) and she will cut a b***h if she has to. She's already lost out on a chance to play Eponine on the screen, and it so far looks like the Funny Girl revival isn't going to happen. At least not yet and probably not with her. And if that's the case, she's not going to let anyone get in the way of her starring in Wicked. A lot of her work on Glee has basically been one long, public audition for Elphaba. Actually the only person who might be able to beat out Michelle for the part is Chris Colfer...

random person 112
#45Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 10:09pm

I know she's not the most unusual looking girl, but can't we just give Megan Hilty Elphaba.

Matt2 Profile Photo
Matt2
#46Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 10:50pm

Girl can sing (and is certainly no slum in the acting department), but I've always thought of her as a Glinda rather than an Elphaba.

Matt2 Profile Photo
Matt2
#47Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 11:06pm

Actually I'm rather surprised that they haven't really begun making this film in earnest by now. The revival of Chicago had been running for a little over six years before its film version was made and the success of the film doesn't seem to have had any adverse affects on the show's box office. Quite the reverse in fact. By October of next year, Wicked will have run on Broadway for a decade. And I really don't think having a film version around will hinder the musical as a major money-maker. You can also look at Mamma Mia and The Phantom of the Opera. Both have film versions out, and both shows still seen to be doing great business on Broadway. A film version of Wicked is inevitable, the only question so far is when?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#48Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 11:07pm

"but can't we just give Megan Hilty Elphaba"

That would violate the Wicked canon to have a Glinda play Elphaba. What would the fangirls think? Worlds! Turned upside down!

Matt2 Profile Photo
Matt2
#49Julianne Hough Wants to Play Elphaba in Wicked Film
Posted: 5/14/12 at 11:10pm

Will SOMEONE THINK of the FANGIRLS!?!
Haven't they been through enough?!
Oh, the humanity...