pixeltracker

Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread- Page 2

Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread

JamesBroadwayWiner Profile Photo
JamesBroadwayWiner
#25Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/7/12 at 5:06pm

I love Shakespeare, I would love to see some of the productions from Shakespeare in the Park!

"Brevity is the soul of wit"--Hamlet

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#26Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/8/12 at 9:15am

@macnyc — Thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience, mac — thanks for asking. :) What a wonderful, intimate venue, and perhaps the most attentive, respectful audience I've yet experienced in NYC (it was clearly an audience who WANTED to be there — not because someone had dragged them, or because it was the last thing available on TKTS, etc. You can feel the difference... but I digress.) As for the production, it took a good part of the first act for me to get fully into the spirit of the chosen setting and style (very broadly drawn mid-1800s American South — or is it the West? I was never entirely sure), but it finally clicked in when the magical Stephen Spinella took over and somehow put everything into balance. But the entire cast of pros is great — would never have known it was only the second preview — and the bluegrassy musical score by Steve Martin and Greg Pliska, often performed by a strolling band of musicians that includes roots music legend Tony Tischka, was in turns both delightful and soulfully moving (I say "score" because it's in no way incidental — it's as much a "score" as the music in 'One Man Two Guvnors' and 'Peter and the Starcatchers'). Is this an 'As You Like It' for the ages? No. But for a summer's night entertainment in Central Park, it did just the trick. Looking forward to a return visit! Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 6/8/12 at 09:15 AM

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#27Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/9/12 at 8:11am

BUMP-Is anyone there this morning? I was just wondering what the line looks like? I can't get there until around the time they distribute. Just wondering if I might have a shot.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#28Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/9/12 at 8:15am

In line now -- line looks great for AT LEAST another hour! It's rare when when, like today, one of the line monitors actually tells you you'll get a ticket.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#29Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/9/12 at 8:17am

Thanks, play. Do you know if they allow someone to replace another person in line? I live very close so I could go to the line until a certain time, then someone can replace me. Is that allowed?

ghostlight2
#30Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/9/12 at 8:20am

They frown on that sort of thing, dreaming, but in past years, line monitors have been lax in enforcement.

Public has a twitter account for the production. It has no postings today, but has proved helpful over the past few days in keeping people apprised.

Public twitter feed Updated On: 6/9/12 at 08:20 AM

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#31Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/9/12 at 8:22am

We're just getting two tickets. I'd be clearing out and my friend would come and take the spot is all. (I have an appointment.)

ghostlight2
#32Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/9/12 at 8:29am

I personally can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with that, as long as your companion isn't actually joining you in line. There were issues in the past, though, with people hiring others (often homeless) to stand in line for them. Hence my caveat.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#33Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/9/12 at 5:31pm

I have 1 extra ticket for tonight's performance if anyone's interested. I am going to pick them up right now...

PurpleFanta Profile Photo
PurpleFanta
#34Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/16/12 at 6:16pm

Has anyone tried the line in the last few days? I'm thinking of trying on Wednesday, and if I'm going to wait, I want to make sure I get tickets. Would 9AM be too late? Thanks.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#35Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/16/12 at 11:59pm

I went yesterday (Friday) and got there at around 9:30. I was perfect on time and people who got there a bit later also got tickets but they did run out.

It's been getting more crowded every day. There's no way to know for sure what it'll be like next week but I'd say that 9 is probably ok. Reviews come out the next day right? As long as you're there before reviews, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#36Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/19/12 at 2:51pm

The Public Theater just tweeted that there are plenty of tickets available for tonight's added performance, and to head on over to the Delacorte! (It's now 2:42 on June 19.)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#37Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/19/12 at 2:53pm

Tonight was an additional performance, not originally on the schedule, so I imagine tickets will be easy to come by tonight.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ghostlight2
#38Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/19/12 at 3:13pm

Thanks for today's info, people!

Dollypop
#39Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/19/12 at 8:49pm

How have the cancellation lines been? A friend and I are thinking of going Monday night and trying for cancellations.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#40Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/19/12 at 9:00pm

There's only been one night so far that not everyone on the standby got in

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Dollypop
#41Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/19/12 at 9:06pm

Thanks! Great news!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#42Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/19/12 at 11:26pm

re Monday, bear in mind that is post-opening so the info to date may not hold. at the same time, I'd say monday is a decent bet because it's not a standard night and a lot of folks may not realize there's a performance. But then again, it's a monday night which is a night most other shows are dark and the only night available for people working in the theatre. In other words, nobody knows but good luck.

Dollypop
#43Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/19/12 at 11:28pm

I'm going with someone who's in a Broadway show and Monday is his night off.

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#44Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/21/12 at 2:32pm

For anyone that has had luck getting the virtual lottery to work, what's your set-up? I've tried multiple days on PCs, Macs, different browsers and always get an error message.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#45Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/21/12 at 2:45pm

What does the error message say?

dtzumbrunnen
#46Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/21/12 at 5:43pm

It's super helpful!

SORRY!

An error has occurred. Please try again later.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#47Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/21/12 at 5:47pm

Well, you're right, that's not helpful at all! I used Safari on a Mac.

dtzumbrunnen
#48Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/21/12 at 5:50pm

Ah well, I'll just keep trying. Thanks mac!

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#49Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/22/12 at 12:01pm

Is anyone in line today after Isherwood's rave??

How crazy is it?

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.