pixeltracker

Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?

Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?

CaissieFan101
#1Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 11:56am

I've heard she has been asked back twice. Also, I heard Lindsay Mendez was going to be the next Elphaba. Since Ghost isn't doing too well, and Jackie's contract ends September 25th, do you think Caissie would go back after what it did to her voice in LA? I'm sure she has improved. She had to of to have been asked back twice. I would love to see her as Elphaba. I thought she was great.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#2Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 11:59am

Are you Caissie Levy?

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#2Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 12:04pm

I've heard Mamie is the next Elphaba on Broadway. Lyndsey mentioned in an interview on broadway.com she never auditoned for Wicked

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

tphiliboy152
#3Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 12:23pm

Caissie would like to return to Wicked, but it's confirmed she will not be replacing Jackie when her contract ends on September 23rd. (September 25th is when the new Elphaba and Glinda will come in). The possible replacement names being tossed around for Elphaba are Donna Vivino, Mamie Parris, and Lindsay Mendez. Glinda is more up in the air right now.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#4Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 12:30pm

Do these women all work for scale?
Has anyone played it long enough to get a raise?
How many Galindas and Elphie's have there been?
Too many questions?

CaissieFan101
#5Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 12:37pm

I only know there has been 13 Elphies and 9 Glindas

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#6Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 1:35pm

Watch the broadway.com Show People interview she gave a while back to see what she says about her future with Wicked.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#7Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 1:41pm

^ You can't just paraphrase what she said?

coverboyz Profile Photo
coverboyz
#8Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 1:54pm

Didn't Cassie run into some vocal issues singing Elphaba? Girl sang her t**s off as Molly but would the Wicked producers want to take a chance on her as Elphie?

If they don't do their typical recycling from tour Mendez would be my #1 choice.

basketcase
#9Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 2:02pm

As she's already stated that they have asked her back twice (which she couldn't do due to other engagements), I would assume that yes, the Wicked producers are willing to take that chance. I think she's proven from Hair and Ghost now that her vocal issues are behind her.

Ghost won't post closing in time for Caissie to start Wicked by the time Jackie leaves, so this thread is pointless anyway. Personally, I'm hoping for Lindsay Mendez.

Sinfonian4life Profile Photo
Sinfonian4life
#10Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 2:09pm

It was also said that Rachel Tucker (Current Elphaba in London) will be a "green again soon" after her contract ends in October.

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#11Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 3:40pm

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd love to see Stephanie J. Block and/or Jakie Burns back in the role. Both were stellar while on tour in Houston, TX.

With that said, I'm glad that Block has some work lined up for her. Any news on Burns?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#12Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 3:43pm

^She's playing Elphaba now... Not sure what she has planned after.

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#13Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 4:18pm

Good for her. For some reason, I though she had left WICKED already.

OpeningNight
#14Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 4:18pm

I hope it will be Donna Vivino. I saw her about 2 weeks ago when Jackie was out, and LOVED her.

Formerly BwayEqs -- Something funky happened to my account and I couldn't log in. So here I am now.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#15Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 4:25pm

I've seen and loved Donna but I really, really want it to be Mamie. The tour never came close enough for me to see her and I am dying to. Loved her in Legally Blonde and Ragtime.

FindingNamo
#16Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 4:34pm

"Glinda is more up in the air right now."

That's ironic.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

tphiliboy152
#17Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 5:12pm

^hahaha I didn't realize the irony of that until you mentioned it. The names being tossed around for Glinda are Amanda Jane Cooper, Tiffany Haas, Natalie Daradich maybe even Kate Fahrner getting a promotion? Who knows... Hopefully they will announce it within the next couple of weeks.

#18Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 6:25pm

Lindsay just opened a show last night...and is getting great reviews. I highly doubt she will be changing shows so quickly!

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#19Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 6:44pm

Lindsay herself is getting great reviews, yes. Though, the show may not last that long, but heres to hoping it does! I've heard Amanda Jane Cooper is certainly not done with Wicked, but also Morgan James. I was thinking her for Elphaba, but who knows, she'd certainly be one of the best singing Glindas.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#20Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 7:00pm

Dogfight is also scheduled to close mid-August, so it would exactly be "changing shows" so much as moving on to the next project, if it were to happen (which I hope it does!).

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

wicked4l
#21Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 8:57pm

Cassie says that she was asked to return to Wicked 2 times after LA. Once before Hair, then again before Ghost. She said she'd like to return.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#22Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 9:01pm

Tiffany Haas is an AMAZING Glinda!!! Would love to see her as an understudy and eventually full-time Glinda!

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#23Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 9:11pm

According to Nick Blaemire's twitter, Dogfight is getting extended to September 2nd.

Twitter Link

ElphabaGoodman
#24Caissie Levy coming back to Wicked?
Posted: 7/17/12 at 10:03pm

"Tiffany Haas is an AMAZING Glinda!!! Would love to see her as an understudy and eventually full-time Glinda!"

Tiffany just finished a 9-month run as lead Glinda on tour. She has already been a full-time Glinda.