pixeltracker

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart- Page 16

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart

ssbutterfly
#375DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 1:42am

In regard to Jasper having ever been voted murderer: I saw the show 3 times this weekend. On Saturday afternoon Puffer was the murderer. But on Saturday night when they lined up with their numbers, Jasper was number 1. Wouldn't that have meant that he got the most votes the show before? I didn't think to go look at the voting board after the show, so I don't know the exact numbers. I thought whoever was in place number 1 had been the murderer the show before. I know Jasper won the voting in my section.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#376DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 3:35am

With all of these absences, they really need more than two swings. I mean to have the quartet not be a quartet...

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#377DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 7:20am

I'll be at the show tonight, and I'll definitely give a report on here afterwards. I can't wait to see it! I hope Stephanie is in.

ghostlight2
#378DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 7:47am

"How did he see the murderer's face if it was his own? Oh well, I'm being picky and it's only the 2nd time in history Durdles was murderer. "

He saw his reflection in a shiny marble tombstone?

"But on Saturday night when they lined up with their numbers, Jasper was number 1. Wouldn't that have meant that he got the most votes the show before? I didn't think to go look at the voting board after the show, so I don't know the exact numbers. I thought whoever was in place number 1 had been the murderer the show before."

No. The numbers have nothing to do with ...anything, really. The audience tends to vote more earlier in the process, so they mix it up out of fairness.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#379DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 8:18am

Seconding what Ghostlight2 said about the numbers. I've seen it...once or twice DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart and most of the time you're right, whoever won last is in the #1 or #2 spot, but it doesn't to seem to have any hard and fast pattern and they do seem to mix things up a bit.

And re: swings...yes, I have wondered why they don't have 2 female swings and 2 male swings instead of 1 and 1, but I'm assuming it's a money thing. The quartet definitely sounded different when it ceased to be a quartet. I never noticed how low Helena's harmonies were until last night. I do wonder about the wisdom of the # of swings considering Chita seems to be sick and Mueller has a vacation coming up to do Carousel.

"Hand gestures? I didn't notice that! I just kept noticing Betsy making faces at them."

Yes! At some point during the reprise, near the end, Karl began to gesture downwards. I realize how he was trying to gesture to her so he could dip her because she had fearfully and in a most horrified manner fled from his side. What most people sitting around me, and I, thought was that he'd gone off the end of good taste and was pointing to his...pet cobra. I think Jessie Mueller thought that initially as well, if her reaction/face were any indication.

The lovers' reprise honestly had so much brilliance in it last night, my favorite that I've ever seen by a considerable bit. And I am SO happy Bobby Creighton won and got to rock out his confession. He was so stoked before/during the show and he was completely hilarious. You really honestly cannot lose with this show, it only gets better!

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell
Updated On: 1/31/13 at 08:18 AM

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#380DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 9:55am

Yesterday's matinee (1/30/13 2pm):
Datchery: Bazzard
Murderer: Crisparkle
Lovers: Helena and Durdles

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#381DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 11:49am

How was he stoked or have a face of glee when he was chosen? Did he know? Or was he just performing with gusto?

nasty_khakis
#382DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 12:09pm

He knew. The Facebook voting was such a landslide that the audience almost didn't even matter at that point. During the preshow he kept saying "I think it's a Durdles night!" and was generally very excited. He also clearly had a ton of friends and family in the audience.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#383DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 4:13pm

Yeah, he was in my section before the show and kept saying "Tonight feels like it's my night!" and such as he was encouraging people to vote for him, chatting, riling everybody up, etc. The rest of the cast pushed it for him too. During the voting, Betsy Wolfe said "HE DID IT. It wasn't me!" and pointed at him, little things like that.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#384DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 6:22pm

O I didn't realize it was a special occasion. Facebook voting? I guess I'm out of the loop.

nasty_khakis
#385DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 6:30pm

Yeah, there was a poll on facebook for the past month where you could vote. Before they did the audience voting the stage manager character came out and did an awful and corny speech that can be summed up as "People of the city of Internet have a book of faces and they got to vote! Aren't you a lucky audience?" Not that I could have written or improved anything more impressive. It was just a very cliche "what's a twitter?" kind of joke.

wickedfan11
#386DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 10:05pm

Just got back from the show. Bazzard was Datchery, Rosa was murderer, and Puffer (Alison) and Durdles were lovers. Their duet was hilarious.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#387DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 10:19pm

Was Stephanie back?

wickedfan11
#388DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 10:20pm

Yes. She was great tonight.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#389DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 10:22pm

Awesome! I saw this on Twitter a few moments ago and I wanted to know if others thought I was misreading it. Betsy Wolfe tweeted: "Only 12 more times to put on my favorite gloves.... Only 5 more murders to commit..... I'm gonna miss this show!"

How does she know she will be committing 5 more murders exactly? Or am I missing something?

On another note: How was Alison's lovers' duet? I'm so happy for her that she won!

Updated On: 1/31/13 at 10:22 PM

wickedfan11
#390DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 10:26pm

Robert Creighton was hilarious during the lovers duet. Alison had good responses to his tongue's advances, but Robert and the other cast members' reactions stole the scene. I enjoyed Alison's performance overall. I thought she was pretty funny and sang the role well.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#391DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 10:33pm

How often IS she chosen as the Murderer? Maybe that's her average? There is no way she could actually know.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#392DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 10:35pm

She wins a lot, based on this thread probably 3 or 4 times per 8 show week. To specifically say 5/12 is so odd to me though. Weird.

ghostlight2
#393DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 1/31/13 at 10:41pm

"How often IS she chosen as the Murderer? Maybe that's her average?"

Like Kelly said. A lot. Probably the most common murderer. 5 out of 12 sounds about right.

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#394DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/1/13 at 12:52am

I'm sure she's just making an educated guess. I doubt it implies any rigging.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#395DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/1/13 at 12:28pm

Yep! She clarified: "Oops! Someone pointed out my last tweet is confusing. I was only guessing I'd have about 5 more murders to commit( 4 now?) #guess #norigging"

Updated On: 2/1/13 at 12:28 PM

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#396DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/2/13 at 9:41pm

Saw the show again tonight. Loved it just as much.

Datchery- Bazzard
Murderer- Puffer
Lovers- Helena and Neville

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#397DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/2/13 at 9:52pm

In terms of Bazzard and Helena being the two most common Datcherys, what do you guys think are the reasons why Helena gets picked instead of, say, Neville? I understand why Bazzard gets picked, but is there textual reason why Helena would be an obvious choice? My audience picked Helena, and I didn't really know why (I was hoping for Bazzard).

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

TheBalladeer Profile Photo
TheBalladeer
#398DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/2/13 at 11:07pm

I think it is because early in Act One - Neville "conveniently" mentions that Helena tried to escape their abusive father by disguising herself as a boy. It also could be because Jessie Mueller is awesome too, but I dunno...being that she is giving a very racist portrayal of a Ceylonese young woman. Who knows.

"Someone tell the story...Someone sing the song...."

KeepCool Profile Photo
KeepCool
#399DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
Posted: 2/2/13 at 11:11pm

"being that she is giving a very racist portrayal of a Ceylonese young woman. Who knows."

I hope that was sarcasm?