pixeltracker

Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9- Page 2

Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9

pat_NYborn Profile Photo
pat_NYborn
#26Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 8:44pm

Sad to see anyone lose a job. I saw it…mainly because I thought my mother would like it while she was in town. Had the lowest expectations possible but it wasn’t THAT bad. I mean yes you would swear she put this show together 2 nights ago, but the energy of the cast was admirable and cant deny Caroloee’s talent. Only complaint I had was that I didn’t think she should have played the young aimee. Hope to see her headling a show again real soon! Roz Ryan was great and of course George Hearn…but I mean way to not use a great talent to its full potential. Looking back im surprised they were able to get these good actors to be in this show. I truly do belive it had potential. I think the fact little to no one knew who this woman was definitly hurt the show.
Honestly I think the last great religious play on broadway was Doubt. Sister Act was fun but was surprised it didn’t recoup however.
Wishing everyone the best in their future shows to come! Hope to see Carolee, Roz, and George on stage again real soon!

Dollypop
#27Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 9:17pm

Will THE ANARCHIST be the next to shutter?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#28Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 9:31pm

One can hope

Next years Tony awards should be fun.

Poster Emeritus

ZoeTheGoat Profile Photo
ZoeTheGoat
#29Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 9:36pm

I guess I am going to go see this Thursday... I really enjoy David Friedman's work and hoping the best for this shows end.

Smoke bomb!

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#30Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9

Roxy- Didn't you just mock people who wish shows dead in this same thread?

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"
Updated On: 12/4/12 at 09:36 PM

boggess Profile Photo
boggess
#31Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9

I'm guessing this must mean that the producers did play a part in the profit increase last week, as some speculated, because I can't see them wanting to close it quite yet if not. I understand it was still running way below the nut though.

Franciouqu
#32Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 9:40pm

I want to see shows with plot, story good music that carries the plot along, great acting. But most of all heart. Rather than be put in a money making factory. You can be commercial and still if you put effort and heart into it. Why is that so hard? And why is the American government draining arts funding arts is a backbone to the society

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#33Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 9:46pm

Yes, it's sad to see shows close, but just thinking about it from a different perspective, during the upcoming holiday weeks the shows that are playing will do slightly better, though not too significantly. With less to choose from and nothing opening between now and then, Broadway show seats will be in more demand because of tourists that honestly just want to see any show.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#34Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 10:05pm

I'm going to try to see this and the Anarchist now before they close.

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#35Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 11:03pm

Despite the show itself...the cast is very talented. They will all get other work.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#36Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 11:33pm

Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#37Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 11:39pm

Wonder what's in store for the St. James and the Neil Simon now that both of those big theaters are empty. There really aren't any big musicals coming into town that don't already have theaters, right?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#38Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/4/12 at 11:47pm

Has Diner announced a house?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#39Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 12:02am

There was some talk on ATC last night that DINER is not coming in this season, but again, speculation as best as I could gather.

I'd love to know what the gross would have been last week without the 1600 seats that this organization purchased. Given the average ticket price I'd imagine that these tickets were purchased at or close to full price. Physical attendance would have been around 23%, but the gross potential %...wow.

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#40Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 12:14am

From everything that's been said about this show, it seems like it was dead in the water. Hopefully Carolee will find a show more worthy of her talent.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

Franciouqu
#41Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 6:27am

I am not wanting any shows to close but am sick and tired of bad shows going on broadway. Shows just trying to earn cash without soul

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#42Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 6:46am

Oh the irony -- yesterday (when they announced closing) was the first time I saw the banner ads for Scandalous on this sight -- and they've been there pretty consistently since!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

NOB88
#43Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 10:09am

Just watched KLG announce the closing of her show on TODAY. She was actually gracious about it in spite of the fact that she blamed it on 'Sandy' and claimed there were people going back to see it 3, 4 and even 5 times because they loved it so much. Best wishes to the cast, hoping they move on quickly.

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#44Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 11:08am

Now I'm thrilled I missed it. That woman is despicable. Actually blaming Sandy. She should be ashamed of herself.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#45Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 11:25am

I wonder who, besides KLG herself, went back to see that show "3, 4 and even 5 times."

Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result?

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#46Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 11:29am

Are Into the Woods and Paulus' Pippin transfering? Or Pippin and Giant? I know there had been talk about all 3.

dannyboy
#47Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 12:37pm

I agree with you completely. What a turn off KLG is. Blaming this on Sandy....Shame on you...what about the reviews....what about the sales....stick to morning TV

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#48Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 1:09pm

Yes, it's a shame that people are going to be out of work but that's the nature of working in the theatre and I wish people on here would realize that.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#49Breaking News: SCANDALOUS to Close on Broadway December 9
Posted: 12/5/12 at 1:16pm

Don't you just wish people with money had better taste?