pixeltracker

Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive

Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#1Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 2/12/13 at 4:28pm

I just saw this exclusive DVD combo pack deal for Les Miserables at Target.

http://www.target.com/p/les-miserables-deluxe-version-blu-ray-dvd-digital-copy-ultraviolet-only-at-target/-/A-14476996#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=les+miserables

Looks like the Target edition includes a book, character cards and 40 minutes of additional footage that the normal Blu-Ray/DVD sold elsewhere does not include.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#2Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 2/12/13 at 5:55pm

I read this thinking it meant 40 minutes of extra movie footage, ie deleted scenes or something. However the linked page makes it sound more like extra behind-the-scenes and analysis footage.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 2/12/13 at 6:21pm

Target never ceases to amaze me! However if other deluxe versions are released, I have to plan on getting ONE!!

amoni2 Profile Photo
amoni2
#3Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 2/13/13 at 10:34am

It is behind the scenes...

The bonus content will highlight THE GENESIS OF LES MISéRABLES, the rigors of playing Jean Valjean in THE TRANSFORMATION OF HUGH JACKMAN, showcase the ensemble cast in THE YOUNG REVOLUTIONARIES, dissect what went into making the film in ANATOMY OF A SCENE: “Lovely Ladies” & “Master of the House” and finally the cast reflects on the musicals enduring themes in LES MIS LIVES ON

#4Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 2/13/13 at 10:58am

Yes. When I saw les Miserables I kept thinking "THIS NEEDS TO BE LONGER."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#5Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 2/13/13 at 1:12pm

^^^^
Ha!

I think Best Buy is going to have some different exclusives, btw.

....but the world goes 'round

#6Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 2/13/13 at 1:14pm

More close-ups? I HOPE!

jacobsnchz14
#7Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 9:43am

Got the Target edition. The postcards looks great and is stacked on top of the contents to whichever character you wish to see on the cover. The book is a printed copy of the iTunes eBook, which I like. Haven't gotten a chance to actually watch anything yet, including the bonus third disc, but am downloading my iTunes digital copy. :)

AEA AGMA SM
#8Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 11:27am

"Yes. When I saw les Miserables I kept thinking "THIS NEEDS TO BE LONGER."

Well, it seems to work for Peter Jackson (I'm still not sure how he's stretching a book that typically spans 300 pages in most print editions into 3 movies)

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#9Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 11:33am

Does anyone know what Best Buy is offering? I wonder where it's best to get it.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#10Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 11:54am

Same question as ray-andallthatjazz86. I don't really care about all the extra footage/features. I just want the DVD/Blu-ray combo with the digital version. I looked on the website and it seems like the only version they have is the DVD and then the Blu-ray steelbook version...? If anyone can provide any insight, let us know! I really don't want to go to Best Buy if I don't have to, and I can't get to Target.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 3/22/13 at 11:54 AM

Fan2
#11Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 12:19pm

The official Facebook site for the movie has a listing of everything that's available:

https://www.facebook.com/LesMisMovie

bradwds
#12Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 1:04pm

I will be picking up the Target edition at lunch.

I purchased the bluray as a birthday gift for a friend at a retailer who broke street date. We watched the film with the audio commentary by Tom Hooper. It was a very informative commentary. I was really surprised when he revealed that Eponine was in the final scene with Valjean and Fantine, but she was digitally removed as the director realized it didn't make much dramatic sense to include Eponine because Valjean did not know her.

I also noticed that in the gatefold spread photo of the finale barricade in the deluxe 2 cd soundrack you can see Marius and Cosette.

Updated On: 3/22/13 at 01:04 PM

jacobsnchz14
#13Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 1:13pm

The only thing Best Buy really offers is the steelbook "packaging".

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#14Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 1:21pm

Target seems to be the best deal. But I would immediately check your purchase. I had problems with my Sound Of Music bluray from them. Seems there batch was defective.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 3/22/13 at 01:21 PM

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#15Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 4:34pm

Picking this up after work today!

jdtp12
#16Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 5:23pm

I went to pick this up at Target today, and my store didn't have it. It still just had a coming soon poster. So I went and picked up the Blu-Ray at Walmart, and to my surprise it was discounted $6 at checkout. So despite not getting a ton of extras, it was still a great deal.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#17Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 5:43pm

Yeah I pre-ordered my Target combo pack and it hasn't shipped yet. Estimated delivery is next week.

Tink2 Profile Photo
Tink2
#18Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 6:26pm

I got the regular DVD/BlueRay DVD/Digital/Ultraviolet set at Costco today. Both DVDs have extras.

AEA AGMA SM
#19Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 6:32pm

I'm impressed that the digital download through iTunes that comes with the blu ray is an HD download. A lot of the included digital downloads are still in standard definition.

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#20Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 6:39pm

"I went to pick this up at Target today, and my store didn't have it. It still just had a coming soon poster.

So did mine and I bought the Blu Ray version without realizing it wasn't the deluxe edition until I got home. Debated about returning it but won't. I guess I can live without the collector cards and the book--maybe not!

jimmycurry01
#21Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 7:01pm

I got mine today. I watched the Target exclusive DVD already. It was informative, but for the most part it is the same stuff in the Blu-ray extras, only edited differently.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#22Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 7:59pm

I got it at Best Buy. There's only so many "extra" documentaries I need with Hugh and Anne talking about how revolutionary it was that they sang live.

Fan2
#23Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 10:08pm

There's a YouTube video reviewing the Target package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDR0SXfWHzc

jo
#24Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive
Posted: 3/22/13 at 10:31pm

The problem with the Target edition is that it is only available to USA customers ( it does not ship internationally nor does it have overseas stores). You have find someone who can buy one and take home for you! Thank goodness for travelling relatives Les Miserables DVD - Target Exclusive

Amazon will ship out to overseas addresses.

Videos