pixeltracker

What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?

What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?

broadwaycam
#1What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 4/7/13 at 1:06pm

Does anybody know the standing room ticket policy for Motown and what it costs for standing room tickets? What time do you have to get to the theatre to get standing room?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#2What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 4/7/13 at 1:11pm

The woman at the box office told me they aren't selling standing room until after opening.. So I want them to show me how they are selling above capacity.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#2What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 4/7/13 at 1:15pm

Resold cancellations?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 4/7/13 at 2:25pm

it must be, because if their capacity % includes SRO, it figures out to be 52 SRO spots. I don't know of any theater that has anywhere near that many SRO spots.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#4What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 4/8/13 at 10:31am

Apparently you can just stand anywhere during the show.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#5What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 4/21/13 at 10:36am

Did they implement a Standing Room policy yet? Are they?

mamaleh
#6What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:11pm

I asked at the b.o. yesterday and was told: not yet, but soon.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#8What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 4/25/13 at 3:32pm

Just asked: $30, cash only, when the show is sold out.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 4/25/13 at 03:32 PM

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#9What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 4/25/13 at 8:01pm

When the box office opens? 2 hours before curtain? 1 hour before curtain?

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

broadwaycam
#10What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/6/13 at 3:43pm

I am wondering the same thing. Do they sell standing room an hour before the show? What time do people line up for standing room tickets?

ArtMan
#11What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/6/13 at 10:51pm

They are not selling standing room tickets. I asked on Saturday, May 4, and the staff stated no.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#12What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/6/13 at 11:13pm

They may not have offered any that day, or maybe they were already out. When I asked at the box office, I was told that they will sell standing room whenever they sell out of regular seats. If they sell out at 10 AM, SRO will go on sale at 10 AM. If they sell out at 7 PM, SRO will go on sale at 7 PM.

A lot of times, I have gone to ask about the policy and the box office rep thought I was trying to buy tickets for that day.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

ArtMan
#13What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/6/13 at 11:20pm

No, I was general. I asked "have you implemented your standing room policy yet?" He stated no. It was Saturday and both shows were sold out. If they are doing it, I would like to hear from someone who has gotten a ticket.

gchris11
#14What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/7/13 at 1:17am

I went 2 weeks ago.
A. it is $30 cash
B. They sold me my ticket at 1 for a 3 pm matinee
C. The show sucked, SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!
D. I was standing right next to the sound guy andI was having more fun watching what he was doing than watching the show.
Updated On: 5/7/13 at 01:17 AM

mamaleh
#15What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/7/13 at 9:22am

Actually, this past Sunday the box office guy said cash was "preferred," but they also take credit cards for SR purchase. He emphasized several times that cash is preferred. Maybe if you ask about SR and you're holding a credit card, they tell you it's not available, knowing they can sell it for cash? Just speculating on a possible explanation for the discrepancy among experiences.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#16What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/7/13 at 11:38am

It's basically the same policy any show has for SRO. When the show is officially sold-out, then they'll sell the SRO tickets.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ArtMan
#17What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/7/13 at 2:36pm

Yes, but try telling that to the box office staff who stated NO. I can't force him to sell me a ticket.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#18What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/7/13 at 9:48pm

Also, unless something has changed, you have to be over a certain height.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Movidude742 Profile Photo
Movidude742
#19What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/8/13 at 3:47am

I met people for lunch on Saturday May 4th and about 11:40 went over to ask if they were sold out and if SRO was available. They said they were not sold out, but to check back in about 30 minutes.

By the time I came back after lunch it was about 1:15. At first they moved me to the cancellation line, but the lobby attendant asked at the window about SRO and I got pulled out of the cancellation line to purchase a ticket. I was audience right in spot 8. There were only a few spots left to my right and they were not used.

The last 1 or 2 rows of orchestra are on risers, so the rail in front of me was just about up to my arms and I am 5'10" so it the height restriction is probably smart. SRO behind center orch is slightly lower.

gchris11
#20What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/8/13 at 4:41am

they also say in their SRO posts that tickets go on sale When the show is sold out 1 hour prior to curtain!

dancer484
#21What Is The Standing Room Ticket Policy For Motown?
Posted: 5/8/13 at 11:31pm

I went tonight at 6:15pm (after striking out at Matilda lottery) and they sold me a rush ticket rather easily for the 8pm show, though did tell me it was cash only. There are a variety of wall heights, so he asked my height and put me at one of the shorter ones, though I was able to find a seat for the second act. There were 8 or so people standing but not all SRO spaces were filled.

Videos