pixeltracker

Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/27/13 at 9:27pm

I'm at intermission and was curious if I should wait! Thanks in advance!

iluvtheatertrash
#2Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/27/13 at 10:00pm

The only actor who signed after a Sunday matinee I saw was Tom Wopat.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

sheltiemom
#2Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 10:17am

It seems that Tom Wopat is they only one who comes out the stage door.I was at the Saturday matinee. I don't expect Ms.Tyson to come out but it would be nice if the others(Cuba,Vanessa,Codola)appeared at the stage door. It would be nice to thank them and let them know the show was enjoyed. I feel as a fan it's a NICE thing to do.. Broadway actors always appear,it's the Hollywood ones that never do.

iluvtheatertrash
#3Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 10:46am

I was surprised that Vanessa didn't as she is usually very kind to her fans. Was especially annoyed that I waited over an hour before the stage doorman came out and said "no one ever signs". Did he have fun seeing me stand there?

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#4Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 10:55am

Vanessa Williams signed regularly when she was in Sondheim on Sondheim, so I'm not sure why she's not doing it now. Condola Rashad also signed in the past.

In terms of the stage doorman, I'm guessing he's told not to make the announcement that people are not signing until after they've left the building, which in this case took over an hour. Kind of stinks for us normal people who respect the actor's decision not to sign, but there are enough crazies out there who will try to run around and stalk the back exits that I understand why they don't want to say anything earlier.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 10:59am

Ah, it's the new Scarlett Johansson method of stage dooring. As always, I will obviously respect anyone not wanting to do it but what I do NOT respect is this new policy of having people stand around for over an hour for absolutely nothing, when you know full well nobody will be out. I think it's mean, unnecessary and a really disgusting thing to do.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#6Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:11am

They said Tyson comes out "sometimes." She didn't come out last night. Only Rashad and Wopat did.

ArtMan
#7Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:19am

Also, if they do come out of another exit and I know that, that doesn't make me a "crazie".

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#8Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:28am

"Also, if they do come out of another exit and I know that, that doesn't make me a "craze"."

It certainly makes you super obnoxious when someone is very clearly leaving through a different entrance because they don't wish to stage door and you stop them anyway. Especially if they're someone who is famous enough that it would cause a commotion. That's pretty crazy. And rude.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#9Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:36am

The only person that came out to sign was Tom Wopat. We asked the security guards if anyone else was coming out and he said everyone else already left threw the front doors.

ArtMan
#10Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:39am

Oh, Kellv 2. You're one of the biggest hypocrites on here. You scold one poster for trying to get a broadway shirt made, then try and sell your promotional **** that cost you nothing. You always have something to say about someone. I know your piggy self is doing the same thing that you tell others not to. Mind ya business.

ArtMan
#11Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:46am

I guess I got censored.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#12Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:48am

If you want your business to be private, maybe don't post it on a message board, genius. It's rude and nobody owes you sh*t. I agree with Jordan in that if someone is definitely not going to come out, it's pretty obnoxious and rude to lead people to believe that they will and make them wait around, people should be up front about it, but that doesn't excuse people stalking the back exits of theaters and bothering people who very clearly would just like to go home.

ArtMan
#13Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:49am

Don't you have a mustache that needs bleaching?

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#14Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:53am

I'm really disappointed. I always hope when someone's crass enough to try to use personal insults against me on a message board, that they'll at least be funny. Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?

Oh well.

ArtMan
#15Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:58am

But see, that a perfect example of why you are a hypocrite. You are the one who used personal insults first. You called me obnoxious, craze and rude. And I really didn't try to be funny. You just seem like the type of girl who would need to bleach a mustache.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#16Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 12:02pm

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#17Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 12:37pm

Wait...there's a "type" that has dark facial hair? Like of Italian heritage? I can see how that makes a point.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wilmingtom
#18Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 1:38pm

Some actors I know don't stage door for fear of getting sick. Shaking hands, being in a swarm, handling stuff. That may well be a concern for Tyson, especially considering her age.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#19Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:11pm

Why do people expect actors to do anything but want to go home after they've finished their job, is beyond me.

Do people in retail meet with their customers after they punch out, so they can hear how we'll they rang something up?

"Damn, you pour a mean Slushie! I just had to wait for you to get off work so I could tell you and ask you to sign my empty cup!"

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Jordan Catalano
#20Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:13pm

Well it's a bit different, Diva. lol

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#21Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:31pm

I was there for the second preview and Condola Rashad Academy Award Winner Cuba Gooding Jr. came out, signed, and took photos with people who wanted to. Vanessa Williams and Cicely Tyson did not come out the stage door, but Tom Wopat did and he kept walking without signing anything. I don't by any means think it is their job to sign things, but if they aren't going to come out the people at the stage door should not let you stand there waiting for them. I stood for an hour and half waiting for Vanessa to come out. He could has said she left earlier.

sheltiemom
#22Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:01pm

If Tom Wopat walked by without signing any autographs,it's probably because he wasn't asked,he's one of the most gracious stage door professionals.

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#23Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:26pm

TheatreDiva are you seriously comparing pouring a slushie to an actor giving a riveting and heartfelt performance,haha! I stage door because I want to let the actors know that their work is amazing. If they don't stage door is fine but the fact that people are waiting for a long time for nothing is rude.

Jordan Catalano
#24Does Cicely Tyson sign at the stage door?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:27pm

Does Cicely Tyson throw a slushie in people's faces at the stage door? Because that would be amazing.