pixeltracker

Kelly Clarkson on Broadway- Page 3

Kelly Clarkson on Broadway

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#50Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:39pm

Wanting to do it doesn't automatically make you the right person for it.

I want to do Matt Bomer so bad and I think I'm the right person for it.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#51Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:41pm

Kelly and Blake Shelton doing a skit on his Christmas special:
http://www.kelly-clarkson.net/us/watch-a-bigger-preview-of-kelly-clarkson-on-blake-sheltons-special/

Here's Kelly on the upcoming Robin Williams Show "The Crazy Ones"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWEL-FqBW0o

And singing "My Man"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_G4dsgexM

broadway guy
#52Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:43pm

The roles that came to my mind were:

Amneris in AIDA
Elphaba in WICKED
Maureen in RENT
Sophie in MAMMA MIA
Sally in CABARET
Marilyn in BOMBSHELL
Eponine in LES MIS
Narrator in JOSEPH
Ariel in THE LITTLE MERMAID
Cathy in Last Five Years.
Elle Woods in LEGALLY BLONDE
Kate Monster in AVENUE Q
Lady of the Lake in SPAMALOT

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#53Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:44pm

That one with Blake Shelton wasn't posted in support of her acting abilities, was it?

Liza's Headband
#54Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 12:45pm

PRS. Roofies. That is all.

Holster2
#55Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 2:47pm

She has a very powerful voice, but she cannot sing high notes with ease anymore, especially sustained high notes. Her voice has gotten deeper and developed a rasp over the years. I am also in the camp that isn't sure she can pull off eight shows a week. She might be able to if it was only a featured role, though.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#56Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 2:53pm

She would make a great Baroness to Carrie Underwood's Maria!

"I'ma send them kids to boardin' school, y'all!"

Wilmingtom
#57Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 3:35pm

I'd certainly read her for something. She has a terrific, big voice, terrific stage presence, and has a name that would sell tickets. People were very skeptical about Reba coming to Broadway and we all know how the ended. And to those poo-pooing her concert performances, who are surely entitled to their opinions, there are millions and millions of people who disagree, as evidenced by her consistent grosses.

Liza's Headband
#58Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 3:38pm

Because ticket sales reflect the stage presence and acting capabilities of a particular pop singer. Oops, I forgot.

flyinghighwithwicked
#59Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 3:41pm

I saw her last January and she was hitting high note after high note with no difficulty. Of course her voice has gotten deeper over the years. She's not 19 years old like she was when she started. I think she sounds better now than she ever has. Again personal opinion.

Wilmingtom
#60Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 3:53pm

@Liza'sHeadband, strong ticket sales do in fact reflect that people are enjoying the show, just like on Broadway.

Liza's Headband
#61Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 3:55pm

I should have been more direct. Success does not always prove to be a useful tool for measuring QUALITY. But, I digress... I like Kelly Clarkson a lot as a vocalist. Let's get that straight! But when I have seen her live (twice) and on telecasts (numerous times), she has been a disappointment.

flyinghighwithwicked
#62Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 3:57pm

When did you see her? I know she had some vocal problems during her tours promoting "Breakaway" in 2004-2006.

Liza's Headband
#63Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:00pm

I don't know why you keep thinking I am railing on her vocals. As I just said, I enjoy her as a vocalist. I was not one of the ones who complained about that. I meant she cannot act... or entertain... or exude any type of interesting emotion in concert. She's b-o-r-i-n-g.

flyinghighwithwicked
#64Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:04pm

My mistake, sorry! I assumed that when you were disappointed by her performance on a telecast you meant vocally since she does many vocal performances on TV. I dunno, I guess we just disagree on what's entertaining. I find her very engaging and charming, and I too have seen her live twice, (and am going again).

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#65Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:06pm

I dint think she's boring. She's very normal, which may come off as boring. I dot know if she can act, but if she were gonna do a musical she obviously would put in the effort and work on the acting. I think if they ever do a concert of "Annie Get Your Gun" on a larger scale, she'd be a fun Annie Oakley. (As would Megan Hilty)

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#66Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:18pm

Ooooh...I like that idea! She'd be all sorts of sassy.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wilmingtom
#67Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:22pm

I'm not going to judge her acting too harshly on a badly written and directed, toss-it-off movie she made 10 years ago. She's a BIG name and a BIG talent and worth investigating. To land her for a Broadway musical would be an absolute coup.

Liza's Headband
#68Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:31pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K6h2yB7nuE

I rest my case. We'll just agree to disagree.

flyinghighwithwicked
#69Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:48pm

That is from over a decade ago, she was 19. She is 31 now. A lot can change in over a decade.

Wilmingtom
#70Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:50pm

Nor will I judge her from that silly clip from 6 years ago. Yes, let's agree to disagree, but I'd still investigate further as to what her potential might be. If indeed she is interested in Broadway, it's at least worth a look-see.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#71Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/5/13 at 4:53pm

How come Debra Wilson (Whitney) was never on Broadway? I mean Nicole Parker did it...lol

Debra Wilson for the Broadway production of The Bodyguard! Updated On: 7/5/13 at 04:53 PM

NOB88
#72Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/10/13 at 11:29pm

Timely tweet and retweet by Seth ha ha:

Jean-Paul Bevilacqua ?@jpbevi 7h
@SethRudetsky Can we work on Kelly Clarkson in Funny Girl (or, at the very least, a stint as Elphaba?)
Retweeted by SethRudetsky

FindingNamo
#73Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/10/13 at 11:32pm

"People were very skeptical about Reba coming to Broadway and we all know how the ended."

For every Reba there are 10 Joey Fatones, 15 Mel B.s, and 22 Wendy Williaii.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 7/10/13 at 11:32 PM

gavyj Profile Photo
gavyj
#74Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/10/13 at 11:33pm

I love Kelly, but some people should stick to concert tours.