Wicked Movie Casting

Dave19
#25Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 6:16am

No Anna Kendrick please! I can't stand her horrible singing tone and wooden acting.

Also, this movie could be incredible with the level of singing that some of the theatre performers had. Heavenly notes that are essential for this material.

Updated On: 5/22/15 at 06:16 AM

Liza's Headband
#26Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 8:49am

I have a big hunch this is gonna be a Christmas of 2018 film

What source do you have to back up this ridiculous "hunch"?

broadwaysfguy
#27Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 9:09am

This is an update from producer marc Platt in january 2015

Producer Marc Platt recently updated fans on where the movie stands, and he delivered some excellent news — they have a director AND a prospective release date!

"It's Stephen Daldry. He's been on for a year or two. But it's in process. 2016 is the goal, but I don't know whether we'll make that goal or not. We will make the movie, but like I said, the bar is really high. We're going to scrutinise our work on the screenplay and our prep on the movie, and when we feel like it's ready, okay. We're not going to shoot a release date is what I'm saying. It's in the works, it's not in a rush. It took 27 years to make Into the Woods into a film from its original stage production, and 30 years withLes Mis. Some things take time for a reason."

Additional notes from articles Ive read: Lea Michelle has been rumored to be attached, but not confirmed as Elphaba, and Anna Kendrick has also been rumored to be attached as Glinda. In a potential painful replay of nick jonas in the 25th anniversary of Les Mis concert, harry stanton from One Direction has been rumored for the role of Fiyero...

At this point, hollywood is probably ready to pull a peter sellers and just have all roles played by meryl streep....

my fav suggestion on the site so far is Steve Martin as the Wizard....I would like to SEE THAT

matildathemiracle2 Profile Photo
matildathemiracle2
#28Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:39am

I could see Sarah Hyland playing a role in the movie, whether one of the witches or Nessa. She's on Modern Family now so she is known to audiences and appeared in the original cast of Grey Gardens and in Hair at the Hollywood Bowl, so she can sing.

Updated On: 5/21/15 at 11:39 AM

Starship
#29Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:49pm

"I have a big hunch this is gonna be a Christmas of 2018 film
What source do you have to back up this ridiculous "hunch"?"

Wicked Movie Casting

Here's a trampoline because you love to jump to conclusions:

Wicked Movie Casting

Liza's Headband
#30Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 2:36pm

Nice try. In your attempt to be witty or snarky, you failed to address the substance of my post. A comment by Platt about finding the director never provided any suggestion of a release date; merely a target production date (those get changed alllll the time). 

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#31Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 2:36pm

Anna Kendrick as Glinda? I...can't see it. Please no.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#32Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 2:50pm

Kendrick as Elphaba and Michele as Glinda would make a lot more sense.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#33Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 2:53pm

<I>Please keep in mind that Wicked spans across two different decades</I>

In the book, sure, but I never got an indication from the show that Act Two was any more than a year or two later than Act One, if that. 

Starship
#34Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 3:02pm

"Nice try. In your attempt to be witty or snarky, you failed to address the substance of my post. A comment by Platt about finding the director never provided any suggestion of a release date; merely a target production date (those get changed alllll the time). "

Are you paying attention? There was no substance to your post besides trying to call me out for making a "ridiculous" assumption.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#35Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 3:17pm

Isn't a HUNCH usually without "reason" or proof?

noun

1. a feeling or guess based on intuition rather than known facts.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Starship
#36Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 3:56pm

"Isn't a HUNCH usually without "reason" or proof?

noun

1. a feeling or guess based on intuition rather than known facts.

"

Exactly! That's what I was saying...I was GUESSING (aka had a hunch) that it would be a December 2018 flick. I never claimed I had "proof" or that this was the "truth," it was merely just a guess. :)

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#37Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 4:18pm

Did Marc Platt really post that?

Updated On: 5/21/15 at 04:18 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#38Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 4:23pm

Is Sarah Brightman too old for Nessarose?

Liza's Headband
#39Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 4:35pm

it was merely just a guess.

There is always some kind of reasoning behind a guess.. even if it's silly or flawed. What is yours? 

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#40Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 5:29pm

The musical is intentionally vague on this subject specifically to avoid this question. We know a lot has changed- Glinda is a major public figure, Fiyero is about to marry her, and a full ecoterrorism-counterterrorism campaign is being waged between Elphaba and the government.

The show carefully avoids the topic of time passing so that they don't have to deal with the ages of the characters in anything other than abstracts.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#41Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 5:52pm

I have a hunch (uh oh i said it) that we won't see a wicked film for another 6 or 7 years. 

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

jo
#42Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 8:55pm

I wouldn't  be surprised.

It took them many, many years to film movie adaptations of Phantom and Les Miserables...also Into the Woods.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#43Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 9:19pm

^That's what producer Marc Platt has been saying, these things take time for a reason. It took many years for Chicago, Dreamgirls, Sweeney Todd, Les Miserables, and Into the Woods to hit the big screen.

Liza's Headband
#44Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 9:29pm

I have a hunch (uh oh i said it) that we won't see a wicked film for another 6 or 7 years. 

Hey! We agree on something. And in this case, "hunch" is appropriate because you're drawing from numerous past examples to influence or support the aforementioned thought.

My point? A hunch or a guess still requires some logic and purposeful, meaningful reasoning. Even thought it's not a 'fact.' Goodnight. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#45Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 10:34pm

No, it doesn't.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wilmingtom
#46Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:05pm

It's too early to start casting.  Who knows who'll be hot in three or four years?  And because most of the main characters skew on the younger side, it may well be that they aren't on our radar yet.

Dave19
#47Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/22/15 at 8:04am

Yes, we never know who's hot in three or four years, and forgotten the year after.

I wish they would cast INCREDIBLE singers for this, take this musicalfilm to a level that has never been done before, and create stars that last forever because of the quality of the film.

Mrtrobz
#48Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/23/15 at 8:47pm

I would imagine Amanda Seyfried is probably going to be seriously considered for Glinda if they get it made in the next five years before she starts showing her age she badly wants the role and has a great working relationship for Universal.

I don't think the movie will meet a 2016 release, they have early scenes locked which is great but I think they will target 2018 for the 15th anniversary of the show.

Showface
#49Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 5/24/15 at 5:31pm

"I wish they would cast INCREDIBLE singers for this, take this musicalfilm to a level that has never been done before, and create stars that last forever because of the quality of the film."

Well, of course. Several musical films have cast really strong singers in this decade alone (yes, I'm aware there have been a few mishaps) , so it has been taken "to that level". I highly doubt, however, that a Wicked film is going to create the next generation of musical film megastars.