pixeltracker

SLEEPY HOLLOW, new Fox series- Page 3

SLEEPY HOLLOW, new Fox series

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#50sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/18/13 at 5:59pm

I really enjoyed it. We'll see how it plays out, but the pilot worked really well. Actors didn't get campy which I expected.

I also caught that the Captain's name was Irving. I like the actor, but he comes off really heavy in this role.

I can't wait until the second episode.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#51sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/18/13 at 6:12pm

I watched it and it was okay. I sort of rank this with Cult. Some campy fun, but for me, it's really just a concept with (so far) very little to support it. It's enjoyable, but you sort of have to commit yourself to not questioning it and just play along.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#52sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/18/13 at 8:01pm

LOL Mister Matt! This was no where near as off the rails as Cult was!!! Did you watch that entire series, including the summer burn-off? Talk about a wild ride!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#53sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/19/13 at 11:07am

I tried watching the summer burn-off, but I had lost the story thread already and sort of got lost and gave up. I loved it in the beginning, but it just kept spinning out of control and became tiresome for me.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#54sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/21/13 at 2:22pm

The only bad news is there are only 10 episodes

Hopefully, it will be renewed

Poster Emeritus

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#55sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/24/13 at 11:00am

There are only 10 episodes of Sleepy Hollow? If so, surely there is a chance for a full season pick-up.

I liked the second episode.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#56sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/24/13 at 11:11am

Watched the first two episodes back to back last night and enjoyed it. Again, good potential, but let's keep outer fingers crossed that the writing doesn't take a dive.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

WhizzerMarvin
#57sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/24/13 at 12:32pm

I'm 99% sure that there have been more than 10 episodes ordered by FOX, and given the amazing hold in the ratings for week 2 (3.1 rating share) I can't imagine they won't order a whole season.

I liked last night's episode. The frantic pace hasn't let up, and the two leads make for fun tv viewing. For as ridiculous as the situation should be, I buy into the world the writers have created and am down for the internal logic they have currently employed.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#58sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/24/13 at 1:29pm

Thoroughly enjoying this series, and the second episode didn't demonstrate any decline in quality, so I'm still invested.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#59sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/24/13 at 3:20pm

I don't know the accuracy of this, but I would assume someone born in the 1700s would have a different blood type. If his blood isn't A, B, AB, or O, then you can safely assume he wasn't born in the last thirty years.

(They used this on New Amsterdam, where the doctor woman tested Amsterdam's blood.)

wonkit
#60sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/24/13 at 5:10pm

The more I watch this, the more I see the similarities with FRINGE, including the first rate special effects.

Jungle Red - I don't understand your question. They didn't know about blood typing in the 1700's but I don't believe the nature of human blood has changed since then. In other words, anyone from that period who "rose from the dead" like Crane could be blood typed using the modern designations.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#61sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/25/13 at 6:03pm

My god, I love this show! They have to order a full season. Definitely seeing the similarities to Fringe. Hopefully this shows doesn't outlive its welcome. And yes, I loved Fringe but it got very sh!tty at the end.

The second episode was just as good as the pilot and the monsters-of-the-week still have to do with the mythology so there is a purpose to it all. Who doesn't love a good cliffhanger every episode too?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#62sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/26/13 at 4:58pm

It's a fun show, I hope it continues past the 10 shows already filmed.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#63sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/29/13 at 4:13pm

I enjoyed the second episode as well. Think the two leads are great and I'm really caught up in the story line. Look forward to the next episode!

ClydeBarrow
#64sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/30/13 at 10:10pm

This show continues to KILL IT!

I loved the Sandman plot and thought that the creature design and effects looks really amazing for television. Wasn't mad at that shirtless Ichabod scene either. I wonder if Katrina will end up coming back too. That's preferable to me than the inevitable shippers of the Leftenant and Ichy. That whole partners falling in love thing is very played out to me.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

wonkit
#65sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/30/13 at 10:15pm

I think the actress who plays Katrina is in the main title cards so she is going to be around in some sense, preventing this from becoming an immediate ship event. I thought tonight was even better than the prior two episodes. It feels more and more like FRINGE because of the nice touches of humor. SPOILER: In FRINGE it was the cow in the lab that got me every time. Tonight it was Ichabod's reaction to Red Bull - very nicely done, sir!

WhizzerMarvin
#66sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/1/13 at 8:50am

I loved the third episode too, and I agree with wonkit that it was the strongest entry yet. I think many shows struggle in the first couple episodes after the pilot as the writers feel out what to do week to week. None of that is happening with Sleepy Hollow. It feels like we're watching season three; the cast is in sync, the plots are fun and the visuals are fantastic.

The sandman was scary (too scary for me!) and I like how the monster of the week ties into the overall plot and propels it forward. A perfect blend of stand alone and serialized writing.

The product placement was funny, and I like how Ichabod later said the shaman's drink tasted better!

They need to find a way to keep Ichabod as shirtless as possible.

Beharie makes the show for me though. I really enjoy her performance and her chemistry with Mison.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#67sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/2/13 at 4:30pm

I keep wondering when they are going to get Ichabod a change of clothes.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#68sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/2/13 at 4:36pm

Lol. I think about that too, more than anything else while watching it.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#69sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/2/13 at 5:01pm

He must be a little rank by now especially since he came out of the ground.

Poster Emeritus

ClydeBarrow
#70sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/3/13 at 1:46pm

Not only was it picked up for a full season but also renewed for a second! F*CK YEAH!

Official Link

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#71sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/3/13 at 1:58pm

"Full season" is only 13 episodes. Next season is only supposed to be 13, as well

ClydeBarrow
#72sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/3/13 at 2:01pm

I have no problem with that. I hate the American television model of bloated seasons. There is always so much filler. The only show that does it well is Scandal but it's basically split into two pods each with their own storyline.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#73sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/3/13 at 2:05pm

I wonder if The Following's success is changing how networks structure their shows. Example: Once Upon a Time will do 11 episodes without re-runs which will end in December. Then, it comes back in March for 11 more. This way, they can wrap up storylines in the first 11 and start fresh in the second.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#74sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/3/13 at 2:09pm

"Variety" shared this:

Fox has ordered a 13-episode second season of “Sleepy Hollow,” making the fantasy thriller the first fall debut to be renewed for a sophomore run.

Renewal arrives just three episodes into “Sleepy Hollow’s” first season.

“Sleepy Hollow” ranks as Fox’s most successful fall drama premiere in over a decade. The program opened to 10 million viewers during its premiere, a number that blossomed to 13.6 million after three days of time-shifted viewing were accounted for. “Sleepy Hollow” has also retained a impressive number of its viewers since the show’s launch, even when faced with stiff broadcast competition that includes NBC’s “The Voice.”

“’Sleepy Hollow’ has proven to be a risk well worth taking – it’s a conceptual blast unlike anything else on television and it all holds together with inventive writing and a fantastic cast,” said Fox chairman of entertainment Kevin Reilly. “I can’t wait for fans to experience what else is in store for this fall and even more of this wild ride into season two.”

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."