DAME
#1Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 2:54pm

40%. And they are NOT partial.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

TheatreKid3
#2Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 2:56pm

It has been on once or twice before, I believe. It's a Thursday in the Fall. Not that surprised.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#2Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 3:01pm

It's been on quite a bit lately, since the beginning of the month. Way more than once or twice.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#3Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 3:10pm

It's been on frequently this month and doesn't sell all that well at the booth. This according to the non stop blabbing queen in front of us.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Cassandra2
#4Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 4:43pm

Matilda is on TKTS today.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#5Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 5:15pm

This is now the 3rd week the show has been on the boards. I went the first night it was on, a Tuesday, and got an amazing $85 orchestra seat. My question is, does the show loose less money by doing TKTS then they would offering discount codes?

Cassandra2
#6Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 6:08pm

No. It doesn't loose money. But it is definitely a sign of dwindling advances. Not the hit some were making it out to be.

Oh crap I just re read your question. I don't know.

Updated On: 9/26/13 at 06:08 PM

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#7Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 6:35pm

when the two leads left the show, the dwindling started.

Cassandra2
#8Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 6:38pm

It is not about the leads.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#9Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 6:47pm

"when the two leads left the show, the dwindling started."

Cassandra2 is correct, this has nothing to do with the leads. No outside of the theater community knows who the originals are. It is a slower season because people are back to school.

You see the correlation because the leads left around the time this started happening.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#10Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 7:42pm

Now maybe one day they'll release a discount code.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#11Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/26/13 at 8:59pm

Can't say I'm shocked. Now, I'm not one to have this think that it's the beginning of the end for this show, far from it actually. However, I think that there was a huge advance prior to its opening all the way to the Tonys until now when it's starting to dwindle. Keep in mind that a majority, if not all of that time was during tourist season. I predict that sales will start to pick back up a bit when it's around the holidays. That means kids are off from school, and families are spending holiday time in the city.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#12Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/27/13 at 8:58pm

Today nearly every show was listed on TKTS. The exceptions being; Mormon, The Lion King, Wicked, Kinky Boots, and in a bizarre twist... Motown

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#13Matilda is on TKTS today.
Posted: 9/28/13 at 12:23am

Kinky Boots has been on the boards once or twice since post-Labor Day.

TKTS Boards

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 9/28/13 at 12:23 AM

Videos