BEAUTIFUL rush?

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#75BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 5/26/14 at 1:32pm

The attendant that handed out programs said usually there were 8, but it can vary.

brdway411
#76BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 5/26/14 at 3:04pm

So glad I saw this early in the run, we had great rush seats, rear orchestra center.

ILuv2shop531
#77BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 5/26/14 at 6:03pm

gstrus, i was three and four on the line with you with my Mom, hello again! Yes, I can reiterate how hard it was to get tickets yesterday. We were really lucky! I think rushing on weekdays would be everyone's best plan now for seats or standing. If it's this hard before the Tony's imagine after!

ArtMan
#78BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 5/26/14 at 7:13pm

I was planning to rush and/or standing on Thursday, June 5, matinee. I wasn't going to be able to get to box office until 10:45. Based on your last couple of posts, I decided to buy a ticket, so I would be guaranteed a seat.

Updated On: 5/27/14 at 07:13 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#79BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 6/9/14 at 9:41pm

Has anyone rushed since the Tonys? A friend would like to go. How is standing room? Is it a good view?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#80BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 6/9/14 at 10:08pm

"Has anyone rushed since the Tonys?" Nope nobody has

futuresuperstar9
#81BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 6/14/14 at 11:10am

If a show is sold out, do they do rush tickets?

ArtMan
#82BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 6/14/14 at 12:07pm

No

theatregeek02 Profile Photo
theatregeek02
#83BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 6/30/14 at 2:33pm

This is probably going to seem like a very stupid question but, does the box office sell premium seats for rush too?

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#84BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/4/14 at 7:37am

Have they been selling out consistently enough that standing room is offered for every performance? I hope to try for it soon, and I'd hate to waste my time waiting for nothing.

sr4mjc Profile Photo
sr4mjc
#85BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/10/14 at 1:32pm

anyone else rushed recently? I'm thinking about trying next Friday. It's either that or try my luck at the Hedwig lottery, which I'm sure is insane!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#86BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/10/14 at 1:43pm

I think the Beautiful rush tickets are sold as soon as the box office opens, and the Hedwig lottery takes place two hours before curtain (get there 15 minutes earlier than that to put your name in). So you could do both, if you don't mind hanging around all day!

sr4mjc Profile Photo
sr4mjc
#87BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/10/14 at 2:23pm

Yeah, I'm on the fence. Because if I can get rush tickets for Beautiful, no point in doing the lottery as I'd already obligated for the night. And chances are so slim in winning in lottery anyway. What to do, what to do..

I'm only in the city for 2 nights, so I'll be around the area all day Friday. Going to the Queen/Adam Lambert concert Thursday night. Updated On: 7/10/14 at 02:23 PM

Becky
#88BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/10/14 at 10:38pm

Depends on how bad you want to see Hedwig. You could rush for Beautiful, and then that could be your backup plan if you loose Hedwig lotto. Even the cost of both tickets is WAY cheaper than buying a ticket to anything. Also, if you win you could probably sell your Beautiful ticket to a lotto loser for what you had to pay for it.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#89BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/10/14 at 10:51pm

I went to the box office yesterday and asked about rush and the man working told me they haven't been doing rush since they've been selling out, but they have been selling standing room in the morning when the box office opens. He told me they don't have any dedicated rush seats, so if they've sold out they really are sold out and have no tickets to sell.

ArtMan
#90BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/10/14 at 10:54pm

It's more likely for you to get standing tickets for Beautiful. They do not withhold rush tickets. If the show is sold out then there are no rush tickets. If you arrive early enough to box office, then you have controlled your own destiny. Rush if it is not sold out...standing if it is.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#91BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/10/14 at 11:09pm

The great thing about this box office is that they post a sign in the window indicating whether or not standing room will be offered for that day's/days' performance(s). I got to the box office at 6 am last Saturday and two people were already in front of me. Another person joined the line shortly thereafter. Granted, Saturdays are a two show day so weekdays are likely not as competitive.

Twenty minutes later I noticed the aforementioned sign, which for the matinee read that standing room would not be offered. I was so grateful for that notice since I could have wasted four hours.

sr4mjc Profile Photo
sr4mjc
#92BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/11/14 at 10:22am

Thanks! I checked tele charge this morning and there are still about 150 seats left, but will check again next Weds/Thurs and see where they are at.. Kicking myself for waiting too long to buy Hedwig tickets, which is my first choice. But I won't pay stub hub prices, even if I could.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#93BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/11/14 at 12:00pm

Hedwig tip: If you go to the theater about an hour before the performance, let the box office know you want a ticket. If there are any cancellations, you can get an orchestra seat for $172. That's still a lot for me, but not as bad as StubHub.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled Beautiful programming...

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#94BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/11/14 at 8:52pm

Can anyone give advice about standing room for Beautiful? Do they sell them as soon as the box office opens, or do they wait until closer to show time? How early are folks arriving for standing room? Thanks.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

ArtMan
#95BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/11/14 at 9:08pm

When I picked up my will call tickets the Thursday matinee before the Tonys, I inquired about the standing room and rush tickets to the employee. He told me there were no rush tickets, because at that show, it was sold out. At that performance, the standing tickets were sold when the box office had opened. I knew I wouldn't be able to get there till after 12:00, so that is why I purchased a mezz ticket in advance. So to answer your question, at least for that Thursday matinee performance, the standing tickets were sold when the box office opened.

Lucy Harbin
#96BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/27/14 at 2:01pm

Bumping to see if anyone has tried it in the couple of weeks since the last posts, and if so, anything to report on your experience/results?

StickIt Profile Photo
StickIt
#97BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/27/14 at 2:24pm

From a post on ATC: "They haven't had rush of late-it's been SRO and there are only eight spots, so I'd say to get there pretty early-like 6 AM."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#98BEAUTIFUL rush?
Posted: 7/27/14 at 7:39pm

Here's the direct link to the source: http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=2225115

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt