Wicked Movie?!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#25Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/16/14 at 6:12pm

The latest rumor is we may (most likely not) get the film adaption of Wicked much sooner than we thought...
Wicked: film could be out as soon as 2016

Starship
#26Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/16/14 at 6:16pm

People. By the time this actually happens, Lilla Crawford will probably be a contender for Elphaba. I'm thinking anywhere between 2018 and 2020. Updated On: 12/16/14 at 06:16 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#27Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/16/14 at 6:16pm

^You mean 2020?

"The latest rumor is we may (most likely not) get the film adaption of Wicked much sooner than we thought..."

That rumor was reported a couple weeks ago! Updated On: 12/16/14 at 06:16 PM

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#28Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/16/14 at 6:17pm

Once Lila Crawford does come of age, she'd be perfect as Elphaba.

sctrojan65
#29Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 12:29am

What? You mean Meryl Streep hasn't already been cast in this too? The go-to person for almost everything nowadays? Wicked Movie?!
I'm actually kind of over her now. Good actress, but over her.
Not real sure I'm even interested in ITW to be honest.
It's hard for me to see past her "stardom" now. I don't get lost in her characters anymore. I always see Streep pretending to be this person, that person, etc..

Mrtrobz
#30Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 12:44am

Meryl won't play another Witch character she would have been likely for Morrible but given that she has stated she thinks Witches are represented as a demonisation of women I can't see her playing Morroble who is definitely a corrupt and manipulative old wench and a witch in every which way.

The movie happening in 2016 is probably nothing more than rumour. If Into the Woods is sucessful they will get the ball rolling especially since Platt is producing. The have a writer and a director attatched so they could in theory start casting and have it infron of cameras soon but the schedule for 2016 is packed and if Into the Woods is a success they start filming it soon they will release it in 2017 at the earliest but as it stands 2018 is probably the safest bet it will be the fifteenth anniversary of the show. I can see them filming in 2016 but not releasing.

Updated On: 12/17/14 at 12:44 AM

Jeffrey Karasarides
#31Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 8:32am

Producer Marc Platt openly stated this in an interview last month:

"The movie of Wicked is still a number of years down the line," he told us. "We've just started its development, because the show's still so strong with eight or nine companies around the world. That's coming in the future. That's why I haven't been in a hurry, because it works so well on stage and audiences are enjoying it. It's not a timely story, it's a timeless story, so I've been very sanguine to let folks explore it theatrically and when we're ready we'll make a movie."

Musical Master
#32Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:55am

While Marc Platt waits, can the studio please hire a different director?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#33Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 11:03am

I'd love for John Waters to direct this.

Musical Master
#34Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 11:12am

@Jordan, I would love a scene where Elphaba flips off The Wizard ala SERIAL MOM.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#35Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 11:40am

"While Marc Platt waits, can the studio please hire a different director?"

Bill Condon?
Francis Lawrence?
Marc Webb?

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#36Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 11:51am

I hope there's never a Wicked movie. With all the hype and rumors and rapid fans, it would be impossible to make. No one would be happy with the cast, or the changes. It'd be a constant bitch fest.

And witches flying on screen? Ground breaking.

Musical Master
#37Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 11:58am

@Jeffery, I would rather stand behind Bill Condon before I ever stick up for Stephen Daldry the disgustingly overrated.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#38Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 12/17/14 at 12:02pm

I'm reading the last Gregory Maguire Wicked novel now, OUT OF OZ, and in my head, Goldie Hawn plays Glinda. It would be a disaster, but it does make me laugh.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Bucky Builder
#40Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 1/8/15 at 9:40am

Glad to hear they are in no rush. A 2016 release date isn't going to happen.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#41Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 1/8/15 at 11:49am

This thread must be for people who have never heard of either Wicked or movies.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Starship
#42Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 1/8/15 at 10:47pm

Still thinking that this won't happen until 2018 at the earliest. 2016 means they'd be filming this year. Seemingly unrealistic.

Updated On: 1/8/15 at 10:47 PM

Visceral_Fella
#43Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 1/8/15 at 11:58pm

I have no hope for the film to come before 2020, maybe 2018.

ThatMezzoGirl
#44Wicked Movie?!
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:27am

they are just writing the script now? how on earth can the producer throw a 2016 release date out there lol. crazy talk