pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)- Page 2

RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#25RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/25/14 at 8:41pm

Just watched. Oh, Laganga. Her drag is not bad. But the girl needs therapy before she steps up to something like this.

Again I felt that falseness of the show, particularly with Gia. Her Snatch Game performance seemed to be directed to be bad. Her tongue is too quick and sharp to have sat there like a dolt like they portrayed her. I know there have been discussions in the past about the eliminated queens getting a bill slipped under her door on the morning she was to be eliminated. That, to me would be the only explanation for Gia's performance, and her extra wonky eyed look on the runway.

Sorry broadwayguy2, but tonight did nothing to change my opinion of Bianca. I did not see the "brilliant comic" that you see. I still just see a loud insult comic. Yes, she's quick with a barb. But it all seems like she's pulling from a file of insults she keeps in her roladex. None of it seems organic or intelligently funny. Doesn't make her bad. I Just get bored quickly with that kind of humor. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on her.

I do agree with on Darienne though. I find her funny and likeable. She's not bitchy as much as she's level headed enough to call em as she sees em.

I think Adore was the star of the week, with Ben a close second.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 3/25/14 at 08:41 PM

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#26RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/25/14 at 9:17pm

But it all seems like she's pulling from a file of insults she keeps in her roladex.

You mean the "Rolodex of Hate" she mentioned in the first episode? I don't think she's hiding anything there.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#27RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/25/14 at 9:32pm

No, and I'm not accusing her of hiding anything. I just mentioned that I didn't like insult comics in an earlier post in the other thread and broadwayguy2 has been trying to convince me that she's more than that. I'm just maintaining that I'm not seeing that she is. No offense to Bianca intended. I just mentioned that I don't care for her style of comedy.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 3/25/14 at 09:32 PM

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#28RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/25/14 at 10:01pm

I was hoping The Snatch Game would give me a clear cut favorite to root for but it didn't. Bianca was a fun Judge Judy and Ben worked that "citrus"answer beautifully, so there's that. But the bulk of the challenge was a snoozefest.

I was disappointed in the "cooking" queens. Darienne didn't look or act like Paula Deen. I don't think they actually showed any of her snatch answers did they? Just some of her "barbs" which fell flat. I expected so much more from Darienne. Her answer to the vodka question should have been "butter" and with that she could whip out a stick of butter and start eating it. Bet that would have made the final cut.

Milk was horrible as Julia Child. The look was okay, but again, flat. Think Julia isn't a funny enough character? Tell that to Dan Aykroyd. Saaahltine. Remember to save the liver. https://screen.yahoo.com/french-chef-000000398.html

I expected more from Courtney, she underplayed Fran Drescher. She should have laughed like a hyena at every one of Bianca's jokes to steal a little of her thunder.

The rest I expected nothing from and they didn't disappoint. I wasn't impressed with Adore. But it was an effort, at least.

To me the best Drag Queens have a lot of heart. They don't have to sing or dance, but they need to be in the moment and communicate in a meaningful and fun way. That's what bothered me about Roxxy last year. I so wanted to like her, she had a great look, but no heart.

Bianca, Ben, and Courtney are all possible winners. They're confident in what they're doing and fun to watch. Darienne is fading fast. Adore has a LOT to learn. Laganja never should have made the show. There were probably so many other deserving contestants. What a waste.

As for Milk, she's the one I was hoping to love from the get go. She's so set on being avant garde and different, but she's neither. You're not gonna get there with cheapo bald wigs and a pregnancy pillow. As someone above said, she's a clown. And I hate clowns.

Hope things are more entertaining in the next few weeks.

Updated On: 3/25/14 at 10:01 PM

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#29RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/25/14 at 10:49pm

I loved Ben, Adore and Bianca, but I reallllly loved Joslyn this week! The b!tch set out to be the dark horse from the start in the very first episode and she sure is living up to it. She's come in safe every week, steadily climbing. She's sweet and cute, but has just enough bite to keep up. Her Snatch Game jokes were so well thought out and hysterical. She's one to watch out for, for suuuuure.

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times
Updated On: 3/25/14 at 10:49 PM

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#30RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/26/14 at 3:52am

In regard to Santino and his slurring speech actually being in response to Ru's slur, yes... I heard the slur, too. Ru did it. However, I don't think Michelle heard Ru or she thought Santino was making fun of Trinity because that damn cackle was malicious. (Unless it was done in the editing room.) Who wouldn't Trinity think it was directed at her?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#31RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/26/14 at 11:49am

I loved Ben, Darienne and Bianca this week. Bianca and slowly grown on me - I thought I wouldn't like her at first, but now she is one of my favorites.

I am not a fan of Adore. I find her runway looks pretty amateur, her cutaways are annoying, and I had difficulty understanding her Anna Nicole this week. But it seems like I'm in the minority, and that's okay.

I like Jocelyn too. The "cumin" had me laughing out loud, and I don't even know who her character was. But it seems like something a Real Housewife would do.

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/26/14 at 11:56am

Jocelyn has really grown on me. In the first episode with her, I kind of wanted someone to punch her in the teeth but now, maybe not.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#33RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/26/14 at 12:02pm

Her Fran Drescher was spot on. I kinda loved that.

Stage Door Sally
#34RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/26/14 at 1:26pm

Agree, Joslyn's Fran Drescher was spot on. Too bad that's not who she played in The Snatch Game. She needs to step it up in the challenges.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#35RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/26/14 at 2:12pm

I can't really form much of an opinion on Joslyn. She keeps her head down and plays it safe too much.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#36RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/26/14 at 2:40pm

"I am not a fan of Adore. I find her runway looks pretty amateur, her cutaways are annoying, and I had difficulty understanding her Anna Nicole this week. But it seems like I'm in the minority, and that's okay. "

Making Anna Nicole not so understandable is why Adore nailed it, especially if we are in reality show-Trimspa era, bless her heart.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#37RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/26/14 at 2:42pm

^ Agreed. I found her incomprehensibility so specific to the persona of Anna Nicole that it just worked...eerily so. I thought I was going to come away from it feeling icky about laughing at a woman who was done in by her drug issues...but Adore walked a tightrope and walked it brilliantly.

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#38RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/26/14 at 5:05pm

I just felt it was Adore being herself with a drunken slur to her speech. My favorite comment was about her on the runway still doing the Anna Nicole face.

JerseyGirl2
#39RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/27/14 at 4:27pm

Here's the new thread!

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#40RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/30/14 at 9:15pm

So episode descriptions are out all the way up to the Makeover challenge and the makeover is a bit different this time.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

They're going Drag U style and doing women again for their wedding which Ru will officiate.

JerseyGirl2
#41RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/31/14 at 8:15am

Courtney did a lot of drag makeovers on Youtube with Willam and always painted them so well. I am betting she will be good at that challenge. She wouldn't drag them up. Bianca, in all of her talent, could be great, too.

Jordan Catalano
#42RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/31/14 at 10:40pm

It was time for Milk to go.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#43RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/31/14 at 11:09pm

Jordan, shut your whore mouth!

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Jordan Catalano
#44RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 3/31/14 at 11:10pm

Girl was in a completely different competition than everyone else.

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#45RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/1/14 at 10:49am

Now the next episodes will probably get rid of Jocelyn and Trinity (and perhaps Darienne, though I do find her endlessly funny.) And then the real competition starts! That is, unless one of the queens who is performing better really ****s something up.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#46RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/1/14 at 10:59am

Did the producers tell Darienne Lake to bitch it up or something? Her "feud" with Dela is idiotic.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Stage Door Sally
#47RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/1/14 at 12:16pm

Overall, this was a rather dull challenge. Looking forward to the double episode next week. Milk was so much more enjoyable out of drag.

Younger Brother Profile Photo
Younger Brother
#48RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/1/14 at 12:18pm

Darienne's villian edit seems a bit out of the blue. I still love her, but I'm starting to get some Delta vibes.

JerseyGirl2
#49RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/1/14 at 1:32pm

It felt like the editing was REALLY leaning in favor of the underdogs (Ru-Tang Clan) this week. Their section of the video was much more professional looking, while the other group looked much more amateur. I didn't care for that aspect.

It was time for Milk to go. That poorly done bald cap last week just about did me in.