pixeltracker

The True Blood Dumb Gossip-Head Weirdo Bitches thread- Page 2

The True Blood Dumb Gossip-Head Weirdo Bitches thread

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#25TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 10:03am

Jessica was the take-away for me, too. I think Woll has done exceptional work throughout the series.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#26TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 10:47am

I completely agree. The scene where she glamours Hoyt was one of the best scenes in the show, IMO.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#27TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 10:55am

http://m.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/True-Blood-s-First-Final-Season-Victim-Speaks-Out-5571481.php

It has been confirmed by Rutina that Tara has died and there is no way she is coming back. So that can put an end to all the speculation. :P

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#28TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 11:01am

She said, in another interview, that she is dead, but that she can't say that she stays gone.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 6/23/14 at 11:01 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#29TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 11:08am

Hopefully like when FRIENDS ended, well get a spin off called JESSICA.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#30TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 11:30am

Are we getting more Jessica vlogs this season?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#31TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 12:32pm

Yeah, they already started. I love Jessica, too, but I just hate this self-flaggelation storyline she's in. I get it - she did a terrible thing when she killed those fairies with the stupid posthumous names - but I just hate this broken, contrite place they've had her in since then.

Tara's death kind of mirrors Russell Edgington's, in that it was a lightning fast death before the credits even rolled. Poor Tara can't even get an original death!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#32TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 1:48pm

It seems like the writers started to resent the character around season 3, so not surprised this was how she ended up dying. Oh well.
I can't believe I'm still watching the show. It has no sense of urgency. Curious about Eric and Pam's storyline this season and where the rest of it will go.
Oh and I remember around the time Luke Grimes left, it was rumored he departed once the writers told him what his character's arc would be for the new season. I guess now I see what the rumores were about.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Reginald Tresilian
#33TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 2:00pm

The recapper for the NY Times isn't ready to buy it yet:

"The big news, though, was the apparent death of a central character, Tara (Rutina Wesley), while trying to protect her mother. Not to worry--Ms. Wesley is still listed as a regular cast member, and later her mother, the scary-spiritual Lettie Mae (Adina Porter, always fun to watch) has a vision of Tara alive and in need of help. Rescue will be a prominent theme, at least in the early going: Arlene, Holly and the other abductees are still alive, held in the basement of the vampire-fetish club Fangtasia, and Bill (Stephen Moyer) and Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer) are on their trail. Tara will need to be found, a project that her old friend Sookie (Anna Paquin) will probably be involved in. . . . Where's Tara? Her mother said she's not in heaven and she can’t speak. Underwater? Jury duty?"

Updated On: 6/23/14 at 02:00 PM

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#34TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 2:24pm

In the interviews, she seems to keep saying, "Oh, she's dead." Well, she was already dead, wasn't she? Half the folks on this show are dead. I think they are screwing with us.

And are the shifters still human? Technically, they aren't. Neither are the fairies. Wouldn't a shifter taste different than a human? Wouldn't all vamps be able to tell? C'mon.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Reginald Tresilian
Phyllis Rogers Stone
#36TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 2:37pm

I think that might become a point later on. They never showed Sam's vampire-buddy trying to feed off him.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#37TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 3:04pm

She's dead. But I can tease that dead doesn't always mean gone on True Blood."

Godric has appeared in 9 or 10 episodes, only 4 of them are before his true death (the 4th one being his true death episode).

ray-andallthatjazz86
#38TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 4:13pm

Yeah, the fact Rutina Wesley is listed as a regular still (and the credits rolled after her death so they weren't trying to avoid spoilers on that front) hints that she might appear in future episodes. It's also odd that Pam wouldn't have felt something when Tara died.

Okay, here's some clarification on Wesley's credit and some Pam-related info. ***SPOILERS****

We can confirm that Tara will be seen again — Lettie Mae’s V-induced visions will soon be shared with the audience — but as for how “dead” Tara is different than “alive” Tara, Wesley explained, “She’s basically human Tara, but softer.”
Kristin Bauer Van Straten, who plays Tara’s maker/love interest Pam, said her character’s journey will also be affected by Tara’s abrupt departure: “Who is gonna anchor [Pam in Bon Temps] if Tara and Eric are both gone?”

TVLine

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 6/23/14 at 04:13 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#39TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 10:37pm

I guess now I see what the rumors were about.

Ray, do you mean with Lafayette? I'm not really looking forward to a Jessica - James - Lafayette love triangle. At all.

And I jumbled everything in the finale together in my head, so I kind of forgot that six months had passed since they were all locked up by the Governor. I couldn't figure out why Jessica was saying James was her boyfriend when I was thinking they'd just been sprung from death row.

The whole beginning was kind of bewildering for me. I watched it on HBOGO, which didn't have a "previously on" (I don't now if there was one when it aired live), so even though I knew the season ended with the infected vampires closing in on Bellefleur's, the episode felt like it started in media res. Someone somewhere wrote that it seemed like it was started in the middle of a battle they were going to go back in time and contextualize, and that's exactly what I thought at first. I was still getting oriented and then the Tara stuff happened, so I think I watched the episode in semi-shock.

The only person to really care about is Pam. I wonder if it's going to be that Eric was able to use his super speed or whatever to get to safety, and he's been recuperating for six months. Why Morocco, of all places? Also, back to Tara, it's possible another clue is that Pam made no indication of feeling her progeny die. But there's never any consistency to how any of the vampire stuff works, so who the hell knows?

Updated On: 6/24/14 at 10:37 PM

FindingNamo
#40TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/23/14 at 10:51pm

I watched it on HBOGO, which didn't have a "previously on" (I don't now if there was one when it aired live)

There was, but I found it no help at all. It was frenetic and then dropped you into the frenzy of the first scene which half-way through I realized wasn't a "Tonight, on True Blood:" because of the way it was edited. I ended up watching the whole first scene again before watching the rest of the episode.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

javero Profile Photo
javero
#41TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 12:25pm

The non-hep-v vampires have always been the most interesting characters, including Tara after her rebirth. I still think the series' biggest mistake was killing off Bill's maker Vampire Lorena so early. The battle between Lilith and her over Bill's immortal soul could have been epic, especially if she had sacrificed her life to save his. The other supes bog down the show, with witch Marnie/Antonia being the exception. Lafayette, Arlene, and Jason are most interesting without superpowers due to their eccentric personalities relative to the other characters. Whenever the series departs from Sookie and her interaction with the main vamps and closest frenemies @ Merlottes, I immediately lose interest. I also have thoroughly enjoyed Deborah Ann Woll's work as Baby Jess.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 6/24/14 at 12:25 PM

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#42TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 12:33pm

Well...at least it didn't feel like the 'monkeys in a room trying to type out Hamlet' madness that was last season. So...I'm hopeful.

Can we get Kristen Bauer and Deborah Ann Woll in a revival of A Coupla White Chicks Sitting Around Talking?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#43TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 12:50pm

It really is astounding to think about how different Kristen is from Pam. Pam is so biting and dry in the best ways and oftentimes delightfully deadpan. Kristen is an emotional, loving, bohemian unicorn, it seems like.

Pam is Regina George, and Kristen is that one who didn't even go there.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#44TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 3:12pm

Ray, do you mean with Lafayette? I'm not really looking forward to a Jessica - James - Lafayette love triangle. At all.

Can't we just have a happy threesome?

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#45TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 3:42pm

Oh Sookie... Still wandering around alone at night--and this time even trashing your phone before doing so. Le sigh.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#46TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 3:47pm

Phyllis, here's what I was referring to about Grimes' exit, sounds like he wasn't interested in this Lafayette storyline:

When reached for comment, an HBO spokesperson confirmed Grimes’ exit, saying, “The role of James is being recast due to the creative direction of the character.”
Grimes’ rep declined to comment, but a source close to the Brothers & Sisters alum tells TVLine that the actor asked to be let out of his contract after he learned what producers had in store for James in Season 7. “He initially joined the show because he wanted to work with [his Forever co-star] Deborah Ann Woll,” says the insider. “But when he started reading the scripts for Season 7, he was disappointed to learn that they were going in a completely different direction with James.”

Luke Grimes Exits TRUE BLOOD

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#47TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 4:40pm

Can't we just have a happy threesome?

I don't know how happy Lafayette would be with Jessica in it.

I guess it's great that they keep writing characters with somewhat fluid sexuality, but it still seems out of left field to me.

One recap I read said something about James's speech about the war heavily implying him and his friend were lovers, but I missed that subtext completely and haven't rewatched it yet.

Updated On: 6/24/14 at 04:40 PM

FindingNamo
#48TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 4:56pm

Weird, I thought that was what they were aiming for. But I see gay EVERYWHERE!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Reginald Tresilian
#49TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 4:58pm

I thought so, too. But I don't remember specifically why I thought it.