pixeltracker

So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)- Page 4

So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#75So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 7:07pm

What? "lent on"? lol.

"The small countries that the USA lent on, by threatening to remove aid, if they didn't vote for Israel?

And they say the Brits speak such proper English?!

like PJ said...oy vey.

IAMWHATIAM Profile Photo
IAMWHATIAM
#76So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 7:17pm

Someone's "clear impartial perspective" is showing.

Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#77So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 7:38pm

Popular, you may want to hear from Rabbi Henry Siegman, the former head of the American Jewish Congress. Would you call this man an anti-Semite?
A Slaughter of innocents

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#78So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 7:42pm

It's a scientific fact that posters with the word Phantom in their screen name have an average IQ of 70.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#79So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 8:01pm

^ That's generous.

mo·ron [mawr-on, mohr-]

Psychology . (no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

In any case, some of my best friends are dimwits. This guy's just an a-hole.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 7/31/14 at 08:01 PM

lovepuppy
#80So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 10:06pm

>>
This terrible situation has sadly opened up my eyes to how much anti semitism still exists in the world. For the first time in my life I truly understand, as a Jew, why we always stress to never forget the Holocaust. It is shocking to me how blind some people are when Hamas and the other terrorist groups have never been shy about telling you exactly what their mission is. Israel is not fighting for land. Israel is fighting for its right to exist. If they had a button to kill every Israeli and Jew worldwide they would push it without thinking twice. And then they would go country by country killing anyone who did not want to convert to Islam and abide by sharia law. THAT is what Israel is fighting against. It's ultimately for our benefit as Americans too - perhaps they deserve a little less criticism and a little more thanks and support!>>

Exactly, Popular.

Phantom is a fire-starter, pay no attention to whoever that is. Let's just pray no one of non-discerning brain power pays attention, either (which, worldwide, is half the battle because they DO believe s**t like that).

Popular--after 9/11, I remember an editorial that ran in a national publication--I can't remember which one. It was basically a piece saying that if Israel didn't exist in the first place, the world's angst would have been directed at the U.S. long before 9/11, precisely because the extremists of the world--the "few bad apples ruining it for the whole bunch" that they are--have always been on a mission to simply make everybody Muslim.

I wonder what would happen if they succeeded. They/we would all kill each other. THEN what kind of world would there be? One with no people in it. Idiots. Why don't they all kill themselves now, go to their 72 virgins apiece if that's what they think, and leave the rest of us to living happy, peaceful, productive lives.

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#81So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 10:22pm

I believe this could be labeled "slaughter of the innocents" as well.

The Institute for Palestine Studies, a pro-Palestinian think-tank based in Beirut and the West Bank, reported in 2012 that Hamas used forced child labor to dig the tunnels and that at least 160 of those children died in tunnel collapses building those tunnels.

After Tablet Magazine--a leftist Jewish intellectual website--published a story last week citing the report, the 2012 report was scrubbed from the Institute's website.

Here is the Tablet article:

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/180400/hamas-killed-160-palestinian-children-to-build-terror-tunnels

And here is the (now blank) page at the Institute for Palestinian Studies website:

http://www.palestine-studies.org/journals.aspx?id=11424&jid=1&href=fulltext

Updated On: 7/31/14 at 10:22 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#82So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 10:26pm

Dreadful. I really hope that the Palestinian Authority gains control over Gaza in the near future - hopefully without more bloodshed.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#83So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 10:27pm

At any rate, both sides agreed to a 72-hour ceasefire starting 8 AM Friday, and both sides agreed to engage in negotiations in Cairo.

TIME: 72-Hour Cease-Fire Announced in Gaza

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#84So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 7/31/14 at 11:09pm

....however, Netanyahu DID say today that cease fire or no cease fire, the taking out of the tunnels would continue..

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#85So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 12:05am

As long as the Jewish spirit is yearning deep in the heart,

With eyes turned toward the East, looking toward Zion,

Then our hope - the two-thousand-year-old hope - will not be lost:

To be a free people in our land,

The land of Zion and Jerusalem.

lovepuppy
#86So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 12:09am

An open letter to Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem:

http://www.jns.org/jns-blog/2014/7/30/an-open-letter-to-penelope-cruz-and-javier-bardem#.U9nXK4C1a0p=

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#87So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 2:08am

I feel it is really very simple. Ultimately, this has little to do with Israel and it is not about right and wrong. It is about two different cultures and world views. On the one hand you have people who believe in tolerance and freedom and on the other you have people who do not.

Prior to becoming President, Jefferson took possession of a Koran. He could not understand why the Barbary Pirates of North Africa, who were taking tribute from all ships that passed, considered all others their enemy. This disdain and hostility toward all others was new to Jefferson and he hoped that by learning the contents of the Koran he might have some insight into Islam.

Eventually Jefferson, as President created a branch of the Navy which became the Marine Corp. to battle the pirates.

Nothing has changed except the players. And if it wasn't Israel, it would be someone else. Radical Islam is the same regardless of the current name or location. You could give them the 1967 borders, you can end the blockade, you can give them a separate State...anything. Their war and effort to change everyone else will remain.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#88So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 3:40am

dented146 = Mark Regev?

dented, you forgot to call them "ragheads" and "savages." You're slipping.

Updated On: 8/1/14 at 03:40 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#89So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 7:34am

Oh, well. That didn't last long.

Israel says Hamas broke the truce. Hamas says Israel did it.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#90So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 8:28am

"I believe this could be labeled "slaughter of the innocents" as well."

I agree, Joey. Both sides have a lot to answer for here. There are atrocities on both sides. Which is exactly why a great many Arabs including Palestinians do not support Hamas (even to the point where other Arab states are not aggressively trying to stop Israel's current attacks on Gaza, which is IMO putting the enemy of my enemy is my friend politics over the value of the lives of innocent children) and why a great many Israelis and Jews everywhere can not support the blockade and attacks on Gaza and the expansion of settlements on the West Bank.

I'm heartsick of all of it.

Updated On: 8/1/14 at 08:28 AM

lovepuppy
#91So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 10:34am

Hamas sent a suicide bomber into a tunnel almost immediately after the cease-fire was brokered last night. And that's even according to one of the U.S.'s usually-biased- against-Israel network media outlets:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-01/shots-fired-after-72-hour-ceasefire-begins/5642344

Um, "cease fire" means CEASE FIRE, you stupid terrorists. Not "let's ignore the internationally-brokered agreement and send in a suicide bomber after 90 minutes."

Updated On: 8/1/14 at 10:34 AM

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#92So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 10:42am

I'm not surprised Hamas broke the ceasefire. It's the 5th one they've broken since this started.

The more pressing issue at this point is that they've kidnapped a soldier this time. Israel will respond as it should continue to. Please pray for the safe return of Hadar Goldin ben Hedva Leah.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#93So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 10:46am

Of course Hamas broke the cesasefire. It's what they do.

I mean, they can't put their citizens in the path of fire if they're not fighting.

....but the world goes 'round

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#94So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 11:48am

Anyone know why all these tunnels aren't destroyed by now?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#95So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 11:56am

They keep finding them?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

lovepuppy
#96So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 12:07pm

"All those tunnels destroyed by now?"

Because it takes more then 3 weeks to tear down 10 years of their work without dismantling the likely civilian population above them?

Pardon me, but what a dumb question. Just as dumb as "why can't Obama fix 8 years of Bush's damage in like 3 seconds," as some people think he should have done.

//Returntoregularlyscheduledthread

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#97So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 12:15pm

There were more of them than the Israelis had thought. They have destroyed 30 so far and estimate the rest will take a few more days.

The process is a major engineering challenge. It involves combat engineers using robots and trained dogs. Then they have to use large, earth-moving equipment and explosives.

Plus, sometimes the tunnels are booby-trapped or they find Hamas suicide-fighters strapped with explosives or Hamas soldiers wearing Israeli uniforms to confuse them. Or, as they did this morning breaking the truce, they slip an Israeli soldier a syringe with a powerful sedative and kidnap him .

Updated On: 8/1/14 at 12:15 PM

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#98So... no threads about Israel and Gaza, eh? (2014)
Posted: 8/1/14 at 12:29pm

Thanks, PJ for your thoughtful answer.

On to lovepuppy, "Pardon me, but what a dumb question. Just as dumb as "why can't Obama fix 8 years of Bush's damage in like 3 seconds," as some people think he should have done. "

What a dumb analogy. Why I asked in the first place is because I look at this operation and wonder how success is defined. It is people like you that keep this issue from being a real discussion.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey