pixeltracker

"So You Think You Can Dance" winner will be in On The Town....who are you hoping for?

"So You Think You Can Dance" winner will be in On The Town....who are you hoping for?

gfaustswa Profile Photo
gfaustswa
#1"So You Think You Can Dance" winner will be in On The Town....who are you hoping for?
Posted: 8/27/14 at 10:01pm

So if you have been watching SYTYCD you know we are down to the final four dancers. Who are you hoping wins and gets the role in On The Town? Just finished watch the show tonight and my vote goes to Zach. All of of his dances were so different and he owned the character he was portraying in the dance. Anyone else watch it tonight?

Broadwaygirl202
#2SYTYCD
Posted: 8/27/14 at 10:46pm

Yes I have been watching for awhile and I really love Valerie! Not only because she is from my state, but she is an amazing tapper and is an amazing dancer with any style thrown at her. I also love Zack as well and I think Ricky is the most technically trained of the final four, so I think any of them deserves to win. Jessica is ok but she is just an ok dancer and there is nothing really special about her.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#2SYTYCD
Posted: 8/27/14 at 11:01pm

I'm hoping for one of the boys. Their hip-hop routine was so good!

gfaustswa Profile Photo
gfaustswa
#3SYTYCD
Posted: 8/27/14 at 11:04pm

That hip hop routine was out of this world. Both of the guys 100% convinced me that was their dance style, even though we all knew it wasn't either of their styles. It was phenomenal!

Updated On: 8/27/14 at 11:04 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4SYTYCD
Posted: 8/27/14 at 11:08pm

I think Jessica is much more than an "OK" dancer, "OK" dancers seldom get on the show. That being said, she is my least favorite of the finalists.

I think any of the other three have such spirit and presence and totally suck me in when dancing.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#5SYTYCD
Posted: 8/27/14 at 11:37pm

Hopefully the show stays open to be able to offer the role after their tour, but I would love Zach to star in the show. I think his talents and look would be better suited to the show.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

gfaustswa Profile Photo
gfaustswa
#6SYTYCD
Posted: 8/27/14 at 11:50pm

^^^^ 100% agree with you.

Speed
#7SYTYCD
Posted: 8/28/14 at 2:00pm

Is the winner getting a full time role in On The Town? Or is it just a walk on for one night?

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#8SYTYCD
Posted: 8/28/14 at 3:59pm

I think Zach would fit in great, he's an incredibly versatile dancer. I love both boys though, their hip hop dance last night was excellent. I like Valerie a lot as well. Jessica is a very technically proficient and beautiful dancer, but the other three are stronger performers at this point.

brucebossa Profile Photo
brucebossa
#9SYTYCD
Posted: 8/28/14 at 5:19pm

Ricky is my favorite to win the show - but either Zach or Ricky for ON THE TOWN would be fine with me.

BWWMatt Profile Photo
BWWMatt
#10SYTYCD
Posted: 8/28/14 at 5:29pm

Speed, the winner will become a part of the ensemble once the tour ends in February, assuming the show is still running.

Yes, this might be a shameless plug, since I recap SYTYCD for BWW (https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/SYTYCDs-Final-Four-Perform-as-Jesse-Tyler-Ferguson-Judges-Updating-Live-20140827), but I think all four would be capable additions to the cast. Zack and Valerie's tap background plays to the strengths of ON THE TOWN, but the show uses so many different styles that all would fit right in.

I know Zack has a musical theatre background, as I have seen him in professional shows before, but I would be interested to know if any of the others sing, or even want to do theatre. While I get that Nigel is a producer on ON THE TOWN (and the upcoming AN AMERICAN IN PARIS), I'm not sure how I would feel if the winner took a role from a MT actor even though he/she would rather be dancing in Beyonce videos in LA.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11SYTYCD
Posted: 8/28/14 at 5:35pm

If the dance can do the job, s/he isn't taking anything away from anyone. It's just a different route to dancing for a living.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#12SYTYCD
Posted: 8/28/14 at 5:47pm

I think Ricky will win, but Zack is just as good at what he does and could pass any ON THE TOWN audition. Does this production have Tap numbers?

JQuad882
#13SYTYCD
Posted: 8/30/14 at 6:21am

I think Ricky will win, but I'd love for Zach to. However, reality is that both boys are so amazing I'd be happy with either. Provided they want to do musical theatre, either of them would be a great edition to the show.