pixeltracker

Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….- Page 2

Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#25Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 6:21pm

Gone where?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#26Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 6:22pm

lol thats a great question Borstalboy

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#27Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 6:44pm

Personally, I'm super excited to see Matthew in the role. And I love Jeremy Jordan too. It's been a long time, and Morrison has expressed his desire to get back on stage for a long time now. I just hope the show will receive some Tony buzz.

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#28Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 6:50pm

But do we know for sure it's going to be Morrison?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 7:10pm

No, we don't know anything. But this rumor has been going around for a while now. It remains a rumor until an announcement is made.

I agree with many: Morrison will not sell tickets in any great way. While he might be very good in the role, I really liked Jordan and will be sorry to see him not continue on.

Whether or not Jordan knew he would not continue on, it's always a possibility with an out of town. A sad part of the biz.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#30Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 7:20pm

Jeremy's cryptic instagram/tweet... He seems to know he's on the out

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#31Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 7:26pm

That's not Cryptic at all. He very well could have been referencing the fact that the show was finishing it's run at ART. It has absolutely nothing to do with him not appearing in the show on broadway.

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#32Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 7:33pm

I'm aware, I just thought there could've been a lil more to it, that's all! But thanks for talkin to me like the simpleton I am!

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#33Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 7:46pm

The show will likely do poorly because it isn't a good show, but to say that Jeremy Jordan and Matthew Morrison will sell the same amount of tickets is pretty deluded in typical BWW fashion. Morrison is known internationally, not as a huge celebrity by any means, but much more than Jordan, who is simply the guy who did NEWSIES and had an awful character on the second season of a little-known-quickly-canceled NBC show. Harvey is no dummy. Unfortunately, he's probably looking at the show the wrong way; he should have tried to actually make it a good show, that would surely sell more tickets than whatever B-lister plays the lead.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ShakinBaconGirl
#34Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 7:47pm

I took it as being a bit cryptic also. It just seems like he knows he won't be taking it to Broadway. On a sidenote: I'm not very familiar with deadline, are they very reliable?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#35Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 7:51pm

Deadline.com is probably the single most reliable entertainment outlet today.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ShakinBaconGirl
#36Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 7:55pm

Thanks, Ray. I'm just a bit disappointed. I find Morrison so boring.

Updated On: 9/30/14 at 07:55 PM

BroadwayBen
#37Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 8:45pm

I thought Morrison was great in "Light in the Piazza" and "South Pacific." He's a real actor. Jeremy can console himself becoming a film star when Last Five Years is released and everyone then knows his name.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#38Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 8:53pm

Lol. Who is this "everybody" you expect to see that?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#39Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 9:00pm

Rephrase the thread title, I almost had a heart attack!

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#40Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 9:03pm

"Everyone will know his name" at...Central Perk.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#41Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 9:13pm

"Jeremy can console himself becoming a film star when Last Five Years is released and everyone then knows his name."

That's absolutely hilarious.

Showface
#42Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 9:16pm

Isn't Jeremy considered a TV star? Smash . . . anyone? That was his critically acclaimed breakout role!

Updated On: 9/30/14 at 09:16 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#43Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 9:28pm

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA!!

Love.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#44Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 9:34pm

We are forgetting that every teen and tweenager will want to see The Last 5 Years because of Anna. So he will absolutely get some exposure.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#45Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 9:38pm

Jordan is still 10x more talented than Morrison. I hope he gets a Broadway show soon!!!!

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#46Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone….
Posted: 9/30/14 at 9:42pm

I can't believe that anyone hasn't brought up the possibility that this may be a massive PR stunt.

Morrison did the workshop and is a major TV star that makes himself (and more importantly, other people) hundreds of thousands of dollars. Actors of that bankability don't (or shouldn't) participate in limited budget workshops without a right of first refusal to be given the right to choose whether or not they will participate in the production that HAS a budget that will actually make said actor real money. And if Morrison has a right of first refusal, he has every right to exercise that. If Jordan didn't, c'est la vie.

The real question is whether or not Jordan and his team knew if/that Morrison had a right of first refusal. If Morrison and his team did have that, and Jordan and his team knew that (which would not surprise me at all, due to Jordan's caliber), this is another example of Weinstein building brilliant PR buzz (which I have a hunch is the real story here). If not, i feel bad for Jeremy Jordan.

Either way, it's exciting gossip for us fangirl queers nonetheless.

thebeautyis3
#47Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone.
Posted: 9/30/14 at 9:56pm

I can't tell if people are being serious about The Last Five Years making Jordan a name or not. I don't think Kendrick has as much pull as you are thinking, especially for a movie based on a musical no one knows that will be opening in very limited release and VOD. (She has had several films like this, none of them became smash hits.) Yes, Jordan will get some exposure, but not a lot. Certainly not enough to be a star draw.

I suspect he's always known he wouldn't be taking Neverland to Broadway. Like jerryherman said, this definitely feels like a publicity stunt. I would guess many involved have known it would be Morrison the whole time. When the show was announced at ART, they even said that the only reason he wasn't doing it was his Glee commitment, which is almost over.

There's a possibility Jordan will continue on with Ever After, which is premiering at Papermill this spring. He's had a decent history with Papermill, and his wife has been involved with the show for years (I have a feeling she will definitely be continuing on with it). So I doubt he'll be off the stage for long.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#48Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 9/30/14 at 10:00pm

He looked ridiculous in that beard anyway. He's a hot, young fresh faced guy. No one wants to see him in old tyme suits and a beard.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#49Deadline says Jeremy Jordan gone?.
Posted: 9/30/14 at 10:11pm

jerryherman and thebeautyis3, I totally agree Harvey is capable of any publicity stunt (I was there during his public stunt-conversation with Riedel in the ART lobby last weekend -- gross all around), but I'm interested in how this casting question is a stunt. Do you mean the fact that media is talking about it? Or, the timing of it somehow? I'm honestly curious because this is the first time I've followed a string of media articles and online chat about a show as events unfold.

(I happened to love the show, but I get that I'm in a minority here on that score.)