ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#50Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 9:46pm

Same with the stores by me.

hanabana
#51Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 9:46pm

Changed my mind, cancelled my order, and made a trip to Target after work. Basically, same for me, the website was saying no Target within 50 miles had it, so I found that hard to believe. Got there at 8 PM, and they still had more than 5 of each the deluxe and the regular album. So don't necessarily believe the website, it does not seem to be accurate. Will probably listen to it later tonight or tomorrow morning on the car. Looking forward to it!

Pootie2
#52Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 9:50pm

Well, wow. When I click the "find in store" on Target.com and plug my zip code, it's not available...anywhere.

However. When switching to the mobile version of Target.com (m.target.com), it finds my IP and lists it as "in stock aisle F26" at the nearest store.

I have to wonder if this is a conflation with the "not available for store pickup" notice, which means it might very well be a coding error. Honestly? I'd call your nearest Target to check, if you can't make a quick trip. Personally, I'm extremely doubtful this thing is sold out at Target in the middle of October.

Meanwhile, this TIME article http://time.com/3503348/idina-menzel-christmas-album/: Idina Menzel Doesn’t Understand Why Her Christmas Album Is Out in October

"Do you have thoughts about when it’s okay to start playing Christmas music ?
(Idina Menzel) I have very strong feelings. The album comes out October 14. I think that’s ridiculous! I don’t understand. I’ve been asking the label to tell me why. Apparently that’s when people start buying stuff for Christmas. Okay, that’s cool, but I’m barely into Halloween with my son! I completely understand if people aren’t ready for it until Thanksgiving. That’s when Christmas comes alive for me. My record label will hate me for saying that, but it’s the truth!"

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

delongpre
#53Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 9:59pm

My Target had a half dozen of each on the shelf but said there were none left in the storeroom. I bought 2 copies. Wonder if people bought multiples at this price (11.99).

I played it today and will play it before Thanksgiving. When my daughter was little she listened to Christmas music all year long...they were her favorite songs and she learned to speak from them.

Broadwaydreaming Profile Photo
Broadwaydreaming
#54Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 11:09pm

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet...it's just too early to get into it. I do LOVE "December Prayer". I'm looking forward to playing the whole album at Christmas. Can't wait for her CMA performance.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#55Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/15/14 at 9:58am

I really love her duet with Michael Buble - especially some of the side commentary (i.e, the cigarette comment "I don't even smoke"). There is a nice playfulness to the whole song.

Pootie2
#56Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/15/14 at 10:16am

About the CMA thing, all I found was "CMA Country Christmas will tape in front of a live audience at 7:30 p.m., November 7," but I don't know when it'll actually air. Ah well.

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#57Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/15/14 at 10:32am

Bought this yesterday at Target and allowed myself one full listen-through before I put it away until post-Thanksgiving. It’s a really wonderful album with some great arrangements and Idina sounds excellent on it.

Pootie2
#58Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/15/14 at 2:26pm

I just find this article so ironic given Menzel's feelings about October xmas music: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/10/in-defense-of-christmas-music-in-october/381429/?single_page=true

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#59Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/16/14 at 1:58am

It's on Spotify. As well as Pink's new band "you + me" which is quite good, and Mary Lambert's new album - fierce lesbian.

I don't mind it. But I'm still into Kelly Clarkson's Christmas album.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#60Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/16/14 at 2:22am

Wrapped in Red was just a stunning album last year.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#61Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/16/14 at 2:53am

Right?! I loved every second of it, and can't wait to listen to it again! But it's too hot in NYC to even think about Christmas music.

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#62Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/17/14 at 10:17am

I'm loving the album. Idina sounds great and she keeps pretty faithful to the original arrangements while still putting a nice little twist on them. It's still a bit too early for me to really be able to get into the album, but I have no doubt that this will be on repeat come December.

Pootie2
#63Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/17/14 at 10:52am

I only listened to it twice to pick out the tracks I wanted to rip (I've never loved any album 100%), specifically the secular ones, and it'll be shelved until the "proper" time... Like Menzel, I don't like holiday music until on/after Thanksgiving.

Pootie2
#64Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/20/14 at 10:38pm

From Yahoo Music's Chart Watch:

"Idina Menzel's Holiday Wishes is on track to enter this week's Billboard 200 album chart right around #13. That will make it one of the highest-charting Christmas albums by a Jewish artist."

Considering it's still October, not bad. I have no idea how they calculate these things, though.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#65Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/20/14 at 10:41pm

Us Jews do make amazing Christmas albums.

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#66Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/21/14 at 9:34am

It makes sense to release it now because Target sets their Christmas lights the same week that they set their Halloween candy. I work at a super Target and this week we are setting entertainment and Christmas movies and albums are out and have their own section already. All of it is ridiculous, but that's retail for you!

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#67Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/21/14 at 12:22pm

Random question: if Michael Buble does a Christmas special this year, is there any chance Idina would make an appearance?

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#68Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:36pm

^^ provided it works with her schedule - and she was invited - I don't see why not.

According to Yahoo! Music, the album's set to debut around #13 on the Billboard 200 - her most successful solo album by far. Excited to see where it places on Thursday (or whenever the charts come out)!

It was a good article, summarizing the huge success she's had this year musically - from Frozen to If/Then to Holiday Wishes.

Chart Watch: Idina Menzel & Other Jewish Artists Celebrate Christmas