pixeltracker

HOMELAND...anyone still watching?- Page 2

HOMELAND...anyone still watching?

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#25HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/3/14 at 3:39pm

Last night's show, From A to B and Back Again, was another shocker.

I used to root for Carrie and refer to her as "Our Girl." But after the latest fiasco, I don't know how or if the writers will get me back on Team Carrie again.

Looks like from next week's preview the Bipolar card (Switched out meds?) will be played.

Did the ISI really not know Carrie was bipolar? Didn't Saul spill the beans on that?

Kudos to Mark Moses, making his part deliciously slimy.

Updated On: 11/4/14 at 03:39 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#26HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/3/14 at 6:12pm

Carrie should be on the board

Seriously, she is a regular passenger on the bi polar express. She is a walking pharmacy. God, do I miss Brodie. He was the lucky one - he got killed off

Her kid is lucky she is out of her life.

Poster Emeritus

javero Profile Photo
javero
#27HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/3/14 at 7:21pm

Carrie's killer clam strikes again, taking out Nick Brody first and now Aayan. She's witnessed the assassinations of both due in large part to her machinations and trysts for the homeland. For her, a fate worse than a vote of no confidence from her team would be to give into self-doubt. The latest turn of events has to be chipping away at her self-confidence. This series remains groundbreaking on several levels.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Stage Door Sally
#28HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/10/14 at 8:06am

Brody! Granted, hallucination Brody. But still. Brody!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#29HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/10/14 at 9:24am

Wow That came out of nowhere .

Poster Emeritus

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#30HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/10/14 at 10:07am

I LOVED seeing Brody last night. What a fantastic episode (the last two have been excellent actually). I love Homeland so much!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#31HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/10/14 at 2:56pm

If that wasn't a hallucination, it would have been the last episode I ever watched...

Platypus
#32HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/10/14 at 7:18pm

That ending was madness.

But every time she goes off the rails like that, the more I realize how ridiculous the show is. If only a few missed/wrong pills makes her that nuts, then there's no way she'd ever be able to function at a level to do that kind of job, even when stable on meds.

Platypus
#33HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/10/14 at 7:18pm

sorry, double post.
Updated On: 11/10/14 at 07:18 PM

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#34HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/11/14 at 11:23am

I think the pills they gave her weren't placebos but rather some kind of drug that caused her to hallucinate.

Anyway I loved this episode. Didn't breathe for the last three minutes. And Mandy Patinkin is doing some incredible work.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#35HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/11/14 at 11:28am

It has been renewed for another season.

Poster Emeritus

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#36HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/12/14 at 11:38pm

I binged all of the new episodes from this season over the weekend and am now fully caught up. WOW. The writing has nearly the same drawing power that season one did. I'm in. I'm hooked. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Stage Door Sally
#37HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/17/14 at 9:08am

The roller coast ride continues.

Mandy Patinkin, action man. Sitting in the courtyard, holding the gun, I couldn't watch.

Anyone else notice how much Mark Moses looks like John Lithgow? They should play brothers in something.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#38HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/17/14 at 11:32pm

The most recent episode was intense. Two nits thoughHOMELAND...anyone still watching?1) Saul was rather spry after having made a 20 mile trek on foot through hilly terrain, and (2) Carrie abandoning the baby is still somewhat troublesome.

While the writing this season has ratcheted up the suspense & thrills to season 1 status, the main characters are becoming one-dimensional due to the lack of love interests and family ties. I miss Jess and the Brody brood now because they served to heighten Nick's inner turmoil. Jess and he went to great lengths to make the family whole after Nick's reappearance from exile and during the course of the terrorist/Carrie-drama.

On the other hand, Carrie's home life has never been that interesting or germane to plot development. I'm left wondering who is this woman apart from the workaholic and femme fatale on display. A part of me wants to believe that there's more to her than that.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 11/17/14 at 11:32 PM

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#39HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/20/14 at 11:25pm

I don't miss Brody or his brood. Give me more Tracy Letts!!

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#40HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/22/14 at 4:59pm

This just in:

Victoria Clark has been cast as Carrie's long lost mother.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#41HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/22/14 at 7:45pm

Fairy God Mother?

Carrie would take her out (in a drone attack) in an instant if it interfered with her job.

Poster Emeritus

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#42HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/23/14 at 10:54pm

Holy crap

This was an Idena WTF moment. Add to that you have to wait 2 weeks for some resolution of what happened tonight. They also did not show clips from the next show so they are really going to keep everyone in the dark

WTF

Poster Emeritus

Stage Door Sally
#43HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 11/24/14 at 8:25am

Wow, what an intense episode.

The only thing that bothers me is Carrie's speech to Saul where she reminds him to think of the kid and that "we're not like them." Yet she was willing to kill Aayan (technically not a kid, but darn close) without missing a beat.

So, we're not like "them" Carrie?

Note to self: Do not play poker with Mark Moses.

Stage Door Sally
#44HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 12/8/14 at 1:13pm

The tension continued to mount in 13 Hours in Islamabad, this season's bloodletting episode. Didn't expect Homeland to be so captivating with Brody gone. Glad to see Quinn in the mix again. And wasn't Dennis super super pathetic?

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#45HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 12/8/14 at 11:35pm

"13 hours in Islamabad" was the most thrilling episode all season!!!

Dennis is pathetic but I'm waiting to see if he has some more tricks up his sleeve.

I really hope Tracy Letts and Laila Robbins get Emmy noms.

wonkit
#46HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 12/10/14 at 11:12am

Just watched episode ten. I never thought I would say this, but it is the best season so far. Amazing character development, and a lot of action. I am sorry they killed off two of my favorite minor characters, though.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#47HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 12/12/14 at 4:44am

So, I binged a bunch of eps this week and got caught up. Have to agree: s4 is a massive improvement over s3. I feel like we've even got less Carrie-Cry-Face per episode than in prior seasons - a positive in my book. I kind of wish they'd had Raza "bedroom eyes" Jaffrey do a Pakistani accent instead of such a strong British accent. They're basically saying, the only reason he's sympathetic to the Americans is because he was raised in the UK. I'd find his character far more interesting were he a Pakistani native. I suppose the producers think we can't relate to someone with a non-Western accent.

Action packed thrills are what this show does best and that's clearly what they should stick to moving forward. The constant thrill ride also makes it easier to ignore the ridiculous plot holes and ridiculously unbelievable circumstances these characters find themselves in. I mean, one small example? The former CIA Director and now executive for a multi-national security firm is traveling to a Pakistani airport without any security? Not even one security guard? Seriously?

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#48HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 12/12/14 at 5:27am

Less "Carrie-Cry-Face" has sure been a relief. But I have to say that I sure love the "Martha Sneer."

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#49HOMELAND...anyone still watching?
Posted: 12/12/14 at 7:51pm

YES, to the more "Martha sneer"!