pixeltracker

President Elizabeth Warren?- Page 2

President Elizabeth Warren?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#25President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 1:00pm

Portman has a lot of crossover support

He doesn't have much support at all, actually. Crossover from where to where?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#26President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 1:07pm

Portman has a well-deserved Oscar. That's certainly a leg up on Clinton and Warren. The girl's got attitude!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#27President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 1:27pm

Assuming Hillary is running, I think there's virtually zero chance of Warren challenging her for the nomination. That People magazine interview doesn't mean much. It's just smart of Warren to keep that door ever-so-slightly open - if nothing else - as a fundraising tool as she tours the country in support of other congressional and gubernatorial candidates.

And, frankly, I hope she stays in the Senate. I think, for now, she will be able to maintain her progressive platform much more successfully from the Senate than she could as a Presidential candidate. There will, inevitably, have to be too much compromise in the election and in office as President Warren. I think we sometimes give the Presidential office too much credit in this country and ignore the very real power that our representatives have.

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#28President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 1:45pm

I think history has shown that it is very difficult to tell in advance who will be a good or great President. Decisions and events, often evaluated years later, tell the story.

I may believe that Hillary, or Warren, or Rommney even would have been better than Obama. But history may look at Obama, someone who has disappointed me, as superior and I think that much of it is a matter of dumb luck. I sometimes think that greatness is about as predictable as cancer. But I still like Presidents that are proactive and even with Obama, those are the areas in which he has had success.

After I voted for Bill Clinton and his personal problems almost brought him down, I thought he was terrible, both as a person and a leader. Then he turned it around and left office respected as a leader.

I can say with absolute certainty that I have lost confidence with my own ability to predict competence in a President and I try to read everything I can from all sides of the political spectrum.

We have had good Presidents from both parties. We may not agree with their political agendas but I think that seeing problems through to a conclusion seems to be the common thread seen in the ones we respect years later.

I was more sure about things when I was younger.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#29President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:01pm

Regarding Rob Portman as a crossover candidate: Due to the very nature of the state where he is from, he needs to appeal to a broad range of voters (including Democrats and Independents). He has worked across party lines while in the Senate and is a moderate voice. The worst thing the Republicans could do is get some divisive Tea Party candidate.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#30President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:16pm

I think the Republicans know if they put Portman up against Hillary Clinton, they lose in a landslide.

They're in a bind because they can't nominate anyone too tea-party or they'll lose the middle, but they have to have someone the tea partiers will vote for or they'll lose the right. Either way, they lose.

The Democrats are in less of a bind, because if they lose the far left with Hillary, they'll still get a huge boost from the center.

There's no one in the GOP who could beat her: certainly not Portman but not Mitt Romney or Chris Christie or Marco Rubio or Rick Perry or Paul Ryan or Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz or Mike Huckabee or Jeb Bush...they would all lose to Hillary.

Only if Rand Paul freakishly gets the Youth Vote do I think they stand a chance...but he's just not popular enough with the aging Republicans or the GOP establishment.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#31President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:26pm

You guys, everyone was convinced Hillary was a lock for the next president in 2006. I don't understand why everyone is again so convinced of her infallibility now.

Updated On: 10/23/14 at 02:26 PM

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#32President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 3:22pm

Well I for one would vote for Portman over Hillary.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#33President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 4:25pm

I would vote for Clinton. I would work for Warren.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#34President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 5:25pm

That's an awfully short cover letter, madbrian.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#35President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 5:59pm

Judging from the bumbling performance on her book tour I think we will see the "inevitability" of Hillary Clinton disappear once the campaigns get into full swing. Especially after the first debate. Just like in 2008.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#36President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 6:18pm

Cory Booker has never done much more than build and promote The Cory Booker Brand, and I say that as someone who used to be a strong supporter. I don't see HRC choosing him as a running mate, should it come to that.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

javero Profile Photo
javero
#37President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 7:06pm

I'd like to see Warren as an Associate Justice on the SCOTUS vice Ginsburg.

Gotta agree w/ PalJoey that a Rand Paul-HRC showdown would be EPIC. Right now, I'm trying to imagine ideal running mates for both. With a suitable running mate, Rand Paul could flip PA, OH and WI.

I'd hazard a guess that if he picked up Paul Ryan or a sitting governor from a red state like AZ governor Jan Brewer as a running mate, it would put Team Clinton on the defensive. Cory Booker is all kinds of wrong for Team Clinton. And there are no blue state governors from the old south or southwest at HRC's disposal.

Arguably, the electoral college calculus for the current POTUS will not work for HRC.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 10/23/14 at 07:06 PM

#38President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 7:10pm

Clinton, Warren, Booker- it matters not. The Republicans will hate on them with a burning vehemence that makes the word "hate" seem far too mild a verb.

I think Warren has made it clear she's out in 2016.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#39President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 7:49pm

As a woman, I'd rather have Elizabeth Warren as the first female president than Hillary Clinton. We've waited too long for this.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#40President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 7:53pm

PJ you are probably correct that Hillary is a lock. None of the Republicans have much of a following and the party is pretty split. But Joe, honestly isn't it the same about the Democrats. Whoever the Republican, he will get the same kind of hateful response. Look what happened to Romney in the last election. There was all kinds of hate toward him.

The light of reason and respect is the new black.

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#41President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 8:22pm

"Only if Rand Paul freakishly gets the Youth Vote. . . ."

Don't think there's any "if" in that equation. The Young Republicans at my educational institution already have their "Stand with Rand" posters up. The twenty-somethings I am surrounded by are increasingly expressing libertarian views without understanding what that really means.

On the flip side, there's a lot of enthusiasm for HRC that would not be there for anyone else on the dem side.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#42President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 8:29pm

HRC's biggest weapon remains her hubby. Chris Matthew's is all over Bill and Hillary's southern strategy. Bill is burning midnight oil trying to flip those southern states back into HRC's column eventually. He'd like to restore the electoral college map back to the way it appeared when he ran. The Clintons absolutely need GA and NC to get HRC elected POTUS. PA would be gravy. Romney-Ryan were able to snatch NC from Obama-Biden in 2012.

This time around HRC gets to run as the Anti-Obama & Harry Reid candidate both of whom are universally HATED by the right. To win in 2016, she needs a running mate who appeals to southerners akin to her hubby. I wonder if Team Clinton has already reached out to current AR governor Mike Beebe. HRC has enough name recognition for the ticket. She simply needs to recapture electoral college votes that Bill Clinton nabbed during his heydey. Dark horse as running mate: Julian Castro.

Updated On: 10/23/14 at 08:29 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#43President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/23/14 at 11:10pm

I dunno...CLINTON/CASTRO is too easy a target for Fox News.

Especially if she follows through on her promise to end the blockade of Cuba.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#44President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 8:11am

I'd love to see Brian Schweitzer as a running mate for HRC. He has a folksy charm that is lacking in most Dems, and he's effing brilliant, particularly with respect to energy.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

javero Profile Photo
javero
#45President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 9:15am

"I'd love to see Brian Schweitzer as a running mate for HRC."

You've been consistent with that pick for a couple of years now. I don't know why I tend to overlook him but I agree that the mere prospect of a Clinton-Schweitzer ticket is nearly too good to be true. Sign me up as a supporter right now!!!

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#46President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 10:11am

I like Warren but this comment hardly suggests that she's going to run.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#47President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 10:19am

Warren will certainly endear herself to young people with her views on student loans- and potentially middle Americans with her pursuit against Wall Street. But I'm not really sure she'll throw her hat into the ring this time. I'm not entirely sure I want her to, yet.

As of now, we need to focus on the Senate and House.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#48President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 10:21am

I agree Hillary is more electable than anybody and I fully expect she will be our next president.

However, I fully expect the old Republican Hillary Hate to have a major renaissance. It's been mostly under wraps since 2008 when she was replaced as enemy #1 with Obama.

It had a slight resurgence with Benghazi and it will no doubt be boom time again for the whole rightwing book against the Clintons.

It's not going to work against her. But you can bet they are going to go after her with every trick they've got. Including all the old ones.

Updated On: 10/24/14 at 10:21 AM

Gothampc
#49President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 10:39am

Yeah, America needs Quitter Clinton to run the country. Why exactly did she leave the Secretary of State job? If she had a soul, I'd say it was because she got an Ambassador killed. But obviously she feels no remorse over that.

And Elizabeth Warren? Yeah, what this country needs is a woman who claims she's an American Indian just because she has high cheekbones.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.