pixeltracker

2015-2016 touring season- Page 3

2015-2016 touring season

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#502015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/10/14 at 4:22pm

It would be interesting to see how long that tour ran, and if it succeeded financially.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#512015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/10/14 at 5:13pm

Most likely we will be getting repeated shows to make up for the short amount of new shows touring.

This season we have all equity tours. I remember seeing Catch Me If You Can non-equity tour and it was so bad... that's why I feel a little iffy towards them.

I also forgot to mention Annie is touring right now. Maybe it will extend to next season? Since its not coming to L.A.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#522015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/18/14 at 3:35pm

Just Announced: CABARET is going on tour!!! (Officially)

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#532015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/19/14 at 3:25pm

By the looks of it, "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" & "If/Then" are also going on tour!

http://www.theroadcompany.com/

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#542015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/19/14 at 3:31pm

Great news!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#552015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:55pm

I wonder if NPH would do Hedwig again if it's to play in Los Angeles and/or San Francisco for 6-8 weeks??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#562015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/20/14 at 12:59am

I wonder who would play Liz/Beth in the If/Then tour? Maybe Jackie Burns? Or even better, Jenn Colella. As for Kate, I think someone like Lindsay Mendez could be interesting. Now that I think about it, Heidi Blickinstaff would be amazing as the leading lady as well.

girlonbroadway
#572015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/20/14 at 8:16am

Baltimore's 15-16 season is (no dates announced yet):
The Phantom of the Opera
Cabaret
The Illusionists
Kinky Boots
The Sound of Music
Motown
Love Letters

From http://baltimore.broadway.com/ ...pretty surprised (yet excited) that Love Letters is touring.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#582015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/20/14 at 6:17pm

How on Earth is Love Letters suppose tour?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#592015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/20/14 at 7:15pm

If they get two recognizable names and it's not a long tour, it'll be fine. I imagine it would be the least expensive tour in quite some time.

Doing a week in 35 cities won't work with the show. A few 7-10 stretches? Sure. It'll be fine.

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#602015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/21/14 at 5:37pm

The SOM tour has me mystified. Why now? I wonder if it's because of the interest generated by last year's TV broadcast.

I can't wait to see Hedwig -- especially if NPH is in it, but even if he's not.

The last time Book of Mormon got to the Kennedy Center in DC, it was sold out before the end of the day it opened up to members -- non-members never had a chance. The tix were a fortune. I finally caught up with it on Bway when they happened to have a single ticket available in Row O, dead center of the orchestra that they were willing to sell me for $200 -- I had decided, on the spur of the moment to catch a show on Friday night when I was in NY to see POTO the next day.

I'm still waiting to catch up with Wicked, Kinky Boots, Lion King, Matilda, Gentleman's Guide to L&M, and MAYBE If/Then. The reason I'm so unsure about I/T is that I caught it in DC and would like to see it with the final book. However, I was an emotional mess at the end and don't know if I could handle it again. Also, "The Moment Explodes" is absolutely the wrong song for a fearful flyer.

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#612015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/21/14 at 8:44pm

If/Then had me turned into a blubbering mess after "I Hate You". I love the show but it's an emotional roller coaster. So I'm in the same boat :) I really hope it tours, I would see it again in a heart beat.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#622015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/29/14 at 12:49pm

I'm surprised that 'A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder' hasn't announced a tour by now. I mean, it won best musical & they always tour. I hope it does.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#632015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/29/14 at 1:16pm

Probably because out of all the shows that were nominated for Best Musical this year, it was the one that would least likely tour well.

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#642015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/29/14 at 4:54pm

Jeff and others, when you talk about a show touring well or not, are you talking about broad appeal? Ability to set up and take down the sets quickly (not as important for sitdown shows, but split week tours -- oy)? Size of the stage needed? Number of cast members? All of the above?

I can think of lots of reasons why a show would or wouldn't do well in a particular place (e.g., can you imagine Hedwig in South Carolina?) or in a particular theater size or in a split-week tour. However, I'm not sure if that's what the theater pros on the Board are talking about.

Audrey

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#652015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/29/14 at 6:12pm

It is interesting. Like, why something like Nice Work wouldn't have done a big Equity tour first. I would think it would sell well in most markets. Or why the Lincoln Center South Pacific didn't tour longer, etc.

I think Gentlemen's Guide would be tough only because it's a small show and would get swallowed up in most touring houses, but it would be fine. If Spelling Bee can do it, then they'll have no problems.

anmiller07 Profile Photo
anmiller07
#662015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/29/14 at 7:01pm

What does the term split week entail? Does it mean like one city Tuesday-Thursday and another Friday-Sunday (I have only seen non-equity tours do this) or does it mean in a city only for one week?

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#672015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/29/14 at 11:07pm

"I also forgot to mention Annie is touring right now. Maybe it will extend to next season? Since its not coming to L.A."

If you're interested, it's coming to Costa Mesa!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#682015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/29/14 at 11:29pm

I just hope SF gets a good season. The last two seasons haven't been great.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#692015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/29/14 at 11:55pm

Don't judge me, but I wish/hope "Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark" goes on their arena tour or Las Vegas show.. like they said.

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#702015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/30/14 at 12:26am

Jose, I'm with you in wishing that LA had a Broadway-like area, with relatively long sitdown runs. If Toronto can do it, I don't see why LA can't.

One of the problems I have with the same theater running 5 or 6 Broadway shows in a season is that the theaters that do this usually have subscribers. I just can't afford a subscription at a major venue like the Pantages or the Kennedy Center, especially for a decent seat. That means that when the shows come along that are part of the subscription run (instead of a "bonus"), it's almost impossible to get a center orchestra seat within the first ten rows.

I checked yesterday at Segerstrom and Pantages to see if POTO had gone on sale yet for individual seats, for the runs this summer. It has and close-in center orchestra seats are already scooped up, either by subscribers or by folks who were even more compulsive than I tend to be about buying early. Luckily, I was able to find a good single seat, meaning that my husband escapes having to see POTO again -- I think he's getting tired of it. 2015-2016 touring season

I realize that subscribers are essential to the health of theaters, but it is always nice to attend a show at a theater that doesn't have them, such as IF/THEN at DC's National Theater.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#712015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/30/14 at 12:37am

I only have season tickets to the Pantages because their shows always get sold out.. and if they don't, all the good orchestra seats are already taken.. It's kind of good because you get to have to your tickets before the general public.. you also get to buy extra tickets whenever you want, before anyone. I also like how you can pay in 4 payments. I just get "hot tix" (rush tickets) when I go to the Ahmanson and their other two partner theatres.

I wish we had are our own theatre district as well! There's so many old theatres in downtown that aren't being used 2015-2016 touring season

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#722015-2016 touring season
Posted: 12/30/14 at 12:58am

That means that when the shows come along that are part of the subscription run (instead of a "bonus"), it's almost impossible to get a center orchestra seat within the first ten rows.

A lot of times these seats are reserved for VIP/Donors and subscribers. Like you said, though, it is easier for special engagements. Do the theatres in bigger cities that have multiple week runs have subscribers going throughout the entire run, or do they have them just in one week?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Updated On: 12/30/14 at 12:58 AM

Hannahbelle
#732015-2016 touring season
Posted: 1/4/15 at 11:00pm

Matilda is coming to the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle at some point next season.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#742015-2016 touring season
Posted: 1/4/15 at 11:45pm

Is Bridges still touring?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000