PIPPIN Movie Cast

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#75PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 6:40pm

Okay, so Beyonce, Rihanna, Pink, Lady Gaga: who's the better dancer?

I think Beyonce, right? Girl can dance, but she's as mysterious as...something that's not mysterious at all (analogy fail). Same goes for Katy Perry, who not only has a terrible voice, but is all surface. Lady Gaga intrigues me if she could drop her Lady Gaga-ness, but at this point she seems to have become a mockery of herself. For no apparent reason (certainly not that awful movie THANKS FOR SHARING), I think Pink's potential as an actress has yet to be tapped into; there's something interesting there, something that someone like say Christina Aguilera or Katy Perry lack in terms of screen presence. You know whom I love on camera and can sing? Kylie Minogue. She'd never be cast, but I think she'd be spectacular.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#76PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 6:41pm

I hope they cast a man just so everyone can freak out and say how horrible and sexist it is.

Liza's Headband
#77PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 6:51pm

Yes. I would venture to say that Beyonce or P!nk are the most logical, and realistic, suggestions in this thread.

Lady Gaga is no longer a headline talent who sells; her most recent album was a bomb and her last tour tanked (blamed partially on a mystery "injury"). It won't be the Lady Gagme.

Visceral_Fella
#78PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 7:19pm

Love the idea of Kylie Minogue. Gwen Stefani could be fierce as the LP

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#79PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 9:27pm

I'll be the obligatory "guy who's against it" then: I frankly think a movie of Pippin, unless it's handled with care, is a horrible idea. It's hard to imagine this very, very stage-oriented show being successfully reconfigured for film.

I would be in this opinion, but Fosse's shows like Cabaret and Chicago transitioned well to film, so it is not impossible. Howver, it would take a true visionary or this could go the way of shows that are theatrical in nature, like The Fantasticks *shivers*

The difference with Pippin is that it has odd demographics. Is it a dark adult show or is it family friendly? It is so theatrical in nature that I'm really curious as to where it can be taken and arriving somewhere solid with it.

I would love to see it set to a Grand Guignol theme, but I know it is non-commercial.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Jordan Catalano
#80PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 9:32pm

What about Streisand as Berthe?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#81PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 9:34pm

Goldie Hawn as Berthe.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

MikeInTheDistrict Profile Photo
MikeInTheDistrict
#82PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 10:20pm

I know she's nowhere near as big a star as many of the people others have suggeste,d but I think Nicole Scherzinger would make a great Leading Player if they are going for Paulus' conception of the role.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#83PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 10:36pm

blaxx, I know exactly what you mean. When I saw the show there was a family there with three children under the age of ten. My initial thought was "Why are they here? This is not appropriate." I guess it depends on the family, but in my opinion Pippin is not a family musical.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#84PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 11:05pm

Kylie Minogue would be a fantastic Fastrada. If they go with a female leading player, Janelle Monae is my first choice.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Visceral_Fella
#85PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/29/14 at 11:18pm

Oh duh, Janelle Monae. I can't believe that no one's suggested that yet.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#86PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 12:06am

Chadwick Boseman as the Leading Player.

The way he portrayed James Brown in "Get On Up" says everything. Updated On: 12/30/14 at 12:06 AM

Starship
#87PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 1:34am

I was just about to suggest Chadwick!! Amazing talent, although I fear he would be too wrapped up with his involvement with the Marvel Universe. Janelle Monae is also a good choice, but not really a big enough name.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#88PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 2:17am

Chadwick Boseman seems like the most natural person to cast as the Leading Player if they go for a male, tho he isn't a huge star yet (he's about to become one).
Jordan, I'd love for Streisand to play Berthe!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#89PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 2:31am

blaxx, I know exactly what you mean. When I saw the show there was a family there with three children under the age of ten. My initial thought was "Why are they here? This is not appropriate." I guess it depends on the family, but in my opinion Pippin is not a family musical.

At least they saw the revival. The original would have given me nightmares for decades; that stuff was whack.

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#90PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 5:33am

How about Christoph Waltz as Charles?

Liza's Headband
#91PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 9:01am

It will not be Chadwick Boseman or any other talent on that level. It will be an A-list superstar, who sells to mainstream America.

KC91WFU
#92PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 6:26pm

Taran Killam as Pippin.

Starship
#93PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 7:55pm

I wonder how Sandra Bullock would do as Catherine....?

@Liza - Please share with us your WONDERFUL and RELIABLE source for this piece of information!!!1! We're all eagerly anticipating it.

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#94PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 8:31pm

PIPPIN Movie Cast

Craig Zadan seems to think that Andrea Martin is a good choice for Berthe. I have to say, I agree.

Jordan Catalano
#95PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 8:35pm

That's awesome!

MadsonMelo
#96PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 10:10pm

The last thing I've heard about this adaptation, James Ponsoldt was directing, and Harvey really wanted Miss Dench for Berthe.

Gothampc
#97PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 10:29pm

I'm surprised they're doing this before a Wicked movie.

$1,000 says they will lower Pippin's music.

Philip Phillips for Pippin
Russell Crowe for Charlemagne
Idina Menzel as Fastrada
Chloris Leachman as Granny
The Leading Player will not be played by one person

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#98PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 10:55pm

So if they leave it intact, Gotham is paying every board member a solid 1k. PIPPIN Movie Cast Right?

Visceral_Fella
#99PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 11:44pm

I'd like to take this thousand dollar bet.

I don't think that the Wicked is coming any time soon. I really feel like it's all talk and it won't come out until like 2020.