Next for the Rodgers?

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#25Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 4:30pm

Getting the band back together has been looking for a house...AND Constantine is available.

They also have a new Broadway website.
www.gettinthebandonbroadway.com
Getting the band on Broadway

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#26Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 4:32pm

lol i haven't even heard of that!!

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Phillypinto
#27Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 4:33pm

what an exciting spring!!

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#28Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 6:44pm

Let The Right One In?

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#29Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 7:00pm

Bring back Side Show Next for the Rodgers?

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 1/29/15 at 07:00 PM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#30Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 7:11pm

I would say Heathers but they may screenshot my post and post it on their instagram account

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#31Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 7:27pm

Yes, Heathers may be the best guess of all.

What about Hunchback of Notre Dame? It closes at Papermill on April 5th .... they could theoretically get it up and running in a few weeks. Everyone says the set is kind of small. Is the Rodgers a theatre that is compatible with Disney Theatrical? I know they have certain relationships with certain organizations/groups etc.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#32Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 7:39pm

I heard the producers of Hunchback want the Nederlander after the Papermill run not this season late summer-early fall?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#33Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 8:03pm

Yes, Tarzan was at the Richard Rodgers, but Hunchback is definitely going into the Nederlander.

Phillypinto
#34Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 8:40pm

I feel like Honeymoon will be around for a while. I think they are just doing bad now because its the terrible winter months, but word of mouth is good, and hopefully after the tony nominations come out, more people will be interested.

And that would be really ironic if Hunchback went to the Nederlander. Newsies, Honeymoon in Vegas, and the Hunchback all had an out of town tryout at Paper Mill.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#35Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 10:04pm

Fame,Getting the band back together has been looking for a house...
Really? I hope you're joking about that show Getting The Band on Broadway...It looks terribly cheesy and bad...a poor man's version and wanna be Rock of Ages
---
I hear that Lin would luv to be back @ the Rodgers per a friend of a friend in the show. For those that have seen the show already, is the Rodgers a good fit for Hamilton?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#36Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/29/15 at 10:31pm

Hamilton - looks wise - looks stupid. The costumes are dull and the set is dull. The show better be damn entertaining.

Also, Let The Right One In is way too small for the Simon. It would need something smaller to help with that creepy vibe. I'm not sure there are any available play houses at the moment.

NERDS is having a workshop, but I doubt it would be able to turn around and open so quickly. Unless they have everything in place and are just waiting on money.

undercoveractor Profile Photo
undercoveractor
#37Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:29am

When does TUCK EVERLASTING close at Alliance? Longshot, since Casey Nicholaw will be busy with SOMETHING ROTTEN, but it occurred to me.

ryandl15 Profile Photo
ryandl15
#38Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 2/1/15 at 8:33pm

What about Brooklynite? It closes at the Vineyard on March 22.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#39Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 2/2/15 at 2:20am

I would think if anything it would be Let The Right Ones In given the team and their track record with the Tonys. And granted the theater is big, it's hosted plenty of plays, so I could see it working there.

LightsOut90
#40Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 2/2/15 at 5:32am

As someone that saw it in London, the Rodgers is WAY too big for Let The Right One In

Falling
#41Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 2/2/15 at 8:22am

I just saw Let the Right One In at St. Ann's and think it would be lovely on the stage of the Rodgers. The shape of the stage at St. Ann's reminds me of the Rodgers. I think it would sell pretty well, actually (based on a well known film). (It's a beautiful play and quite well done-if this was a strictly limited engagement I could see it doing very nicely.) The two leads were excellent and the staging is really amazing.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#42Next for the Rodgers?
Posted: 2/2/15 at 12:59pm

I mean, the show itself is small, but with the music and the lights and stuff, I think it feels like a much larger show. I mean ideally it would fit nicely in something like the Golden, but that's not happening.