pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 2

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#25MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/6/15 at 6:01pm

songanddanceman - I don't disagree about the unfortunate ageism female musical artists face - especially pop musicians. I have no objection to Madonna showing skin, being sexually/socio-politically/ provocative. In fact, I think it's something we should celebrate. But that is not the same thing as seeing a 56 yr old woman suck her thumb in a "sexy baby" routine. I know it's just a couple of seconds of a 4 min video, but it's almost as bad as watching her parade around in a cheerleader's outfit from the last tour/album. I wish she were confident enough to own where she is and say "I can be sexy and powerful at my age" rather than try to mimic a woman half her age. She makes me think of the 65 year old gays one sometimes encounters at The Abbey wearing their cut off muscle shirts with Beyonce sayings and desperately, drunkenly hitting on the twinks looking for a "generous" daddy type.

As for the video itself, it's low rent and it looks very 90s/early 2000s. Would be nice to see something as visually daring as she claims to be.

But, for the record, I really like the song itself.
Updated On: 2/6/15 at 06:01 PM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#26MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/7/15 at 7:36am

It's now looking like the songs Queen and Autotune Baby have vanished of the super deluxe version and are replaced with 2 Living for Love remixes. Couldn't care less about Autotune Babt but I thought Queen was superb.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#27MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/8/15 at 1:59pm

Well, with the music industry in the sh**ter, I don't think we will be seeing any high gloss/high concept videos from the likes of Kylie or Madonna anytime again.

The video is okay. It's nice to see her dancing again, like an Oedipus-era Martha Graham.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#29MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/8/15 at 8:56pm

Madonna won the night. That was INCREDIBLE.

songanddanceman2
#30MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/8/15 at 9:00pm

Her red carpet look was erm interesting ( though she looked great, the outfit was odd....though it's the Grammys I guess) but wow that performance was fantastic

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#31MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/8/15 at 9:10pm

She single-handedly (so far) stole and saved this wretched mess of a show. FABULOUS!

ETA: Actually, not really a mess. Just so f**king boring!

Updated On: 2/8/15 at 09:10 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/8/15 at 10:30pm

She needs to take that ridiculous Diamond grill out of her mouth.

billis2
#33MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/8/15 at 10:42pm

The Grammys are really boring to watch this year. A lot of slow songs that aren't very familiar.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#34MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/8/15 at 11:13pm

Great performance tonight.

I've had the first 19 tracks on repeat in my car for the past week. There are a few tracks I skip (not sure which - I don't know all the names yet!), but for the most part I love the whole thing. Haven't put the last 6 on yet.

I particularly love "Devil Pray," "Body Shop," "Veni Vidi Vici," and "Wash All Over Me"

I'm entertained by her rapping with her grill in "S.E.X." I can't wait for a video interlude with it on tour.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#35MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 1:52am

Those are some nice rose colored glasses, guys. I still love the song, but as a life long fan, that performance just depressed me. I mean, let's be honest, for at least the entire second half of her career, this woman has trained like a performance athlete. She's put her body through so much and it is showing. I guess there's a reason you don't see a lot of professional dancers past their 40s. It's not just that she can't keep up with her dancers or that the performance had almost no flow with one disjointed mini-routine to the next. It's inevitable that a woman approaching her late 50s is not going to dance like she did even 5 years ago. But even when just standing still or, ya know, striking a pose she looked so stiff and uncomfortable and her constantly hunched-over posture gave her a less than confident stance. She looked uncomfortable and almost apologetic instead of bold and triumphant.

Her vocals were pretty good, though.

songanddanceman2
#36MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 5:49am

I don't think anyone had rose tinted glasses on, we just have a different opinion. It wasn't very dance heavy for her but if you think that she can't do it anymore I don't agree. I think her nerves were showing and I don't think the shoes helped but I thought she did great, I thought one tiny section looked under rehearsed but I don't think it has anything to do with her age. Let's not throw her in the wheelchair after her first performance back in 2 years shall we?

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#37MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 6:47am

Well, she sure got the conservative bloggers talking about the "satanic ritual" she performed. lol

I don't know. I like the song a great deal, but she just looked so uncomfortable during the performance. Her posture is very odd. It's just not the natural flow I would expect from her. I can't put my finger on what felt so odd for me.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 2/9/15 at 06:47 AM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#38MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 8:35am

...arthritis?

Roscoe
#39MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 9:08am

Madonna's performance last night was just off -- she didn't show a minute's life or energy at all, it just all felt so so so so so overdone and very familiar, she seems desperate to recapture those VOGUE glory days and it just ain't happening.

I mean really. Annie Lennox did more by just turning to the mike and announcing "I Put A Spell On You."

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#40MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 9:55am

I really like the song, but agree it was off. She seemed nervous.
As much as I like Living For Love I kind of wish she did Ghosttown instead. At this point I'm kind of like girl give yourself a break, sit down and sing us a song.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#41MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:27am

I also noticed Madonna's performance as being "not what it used to be." She's 56, of course she can't dance the way she used to, even if she had flat shoes on. A person AGES, lol. I think she should aim for a more relaxed delivery.

I can't help but admire her body tone at her age. She's so over the top with her fitness regime though, that she would lose her period before every tour. That isn't an issue any more, lol.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Roscoe
#42MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:44am

Annie Lennox is 60, and she kicked ass in ways Madonna can't come near, by sheer singing ability, without resorting to bullfighter costumes and a corps of dancers wearing horns.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#43MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:48am

That was my thought, Jane. She doesn't HAVE to do all of that. I get that she wants to still do the dancing that her music encourages, but at 56, it's just not feasible. If she would just bring it down a notch or two, it could be great. I think one of her best attributes used to be that it all looked effortless. Sure, she worked her ass off, but she worked so hard in prep that the performance looked incredibly fluid. Now you can read the beat counts on her face. I don't think it's what she is going for.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#44MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:49am

I would never compare the two, for several reasons.

This was to Roscoe, not JG2

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Updated On: 2/9/15 at 10:49 AM

FindingNamo
#45MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:53am

Can you imagine at this end stage of her career, the twilight years she refuses to acknowledge, using her "nerves" as an excuse?

If she is as smart as the legend has it, why has she not figured out her strengths and played to them?

I know, I know, "you're talking about her, Namo, which proves she's relevant, and her unannounced tour is on track to make a google dollars on merch sales alone, and Holiday will get very sold out stadium on its feet..."

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

FindingNamo
#46MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 11:52am

Spin's review was sero-discordant:

"Madonna's letting her man-bull minions do most of the dancing for her these days, and her actual singing is most noticeable when it doesn't quite sync up with the pre-recorded track she's belting over. The song sounds and feels like a triumph, though, and if it gets Taylor and Pharrell shimmying in the audience, that's all that really matters."

She's still got it! A triumph! All hail the queen!

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#47MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 12:23pm

It's funny how I've hear a lot of people saying Madonna should dress her age. But nothing about Angus Young parading around on stage dressed as a school boy.

FindingNamo
#48MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 12:52pm

But that's an INTENTIONAL parody!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#49MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 12:57pm

Erik - I don't think any of the comments above were talking about "dressing her age". Clearly, she was in costume and that's fine. The comments above were about her stiff, uncomfortable performance.