pixeltracker

HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway- Page 3

HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#50HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 1/31/15 at 11:13pm

Calling it HIV isn't helping

Ha! I wish we could go back to a time when a title was shortened to a word, not initials. Wasn't Carrie Bradshaw in this movie? I don't know cause I never saw it. Maybe she would do the show. Maybe she remembers being in the movie.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#51HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 1/31/15 at 11:19pm

I think y'all are right in the fact that no one knows about it. There's no ads that promote Tony or anything. There's no morning talk show appearances. Get Rob on there doing the opening or the airport song or something. It's a solid show. I just think the design sucks - it look cheap and not in a Vegas way. And Danza, to me, is not an exciting draw. I was actually wishing they'd cast someone who could actually sing.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#52HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 1/31/15 at 11:38pm

jaglinsays, who told you that its gonna close February 15th????????? I really hope it doesn't.....

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

MDM2015
#53HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 1:34am

^yes, is this legit or just a guess? Honestly, what is the producers game plan with no NYT review bump? They have never cleared their nut. So someone is paying out about 100k a week. Tony nominations are three months away. Spring tourists are two months away. Just a guess, but that's another $800k to million on top of already being 1.5 million in the hole (riedel's estimate).

Edit: typo Updated On: 2/1/15 at 01:34 AM

lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
#54HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 5:49am

Perhaps Bwaydide92 might like to reread my post. My views were regarding, producers not theatregoers.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#55HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 1:04pm

"Marketing" has become an easy scape goat for new musicals that flop, but it's not always the blame. This could be a "Bonnie & Clyde" situation, where simply there was no money to promote it. It wouldn't surprise me, this musical has been bleeding money since day 1!

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#56HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 1:13pm

In addition to there being three months until the Tony nominations and two months until Spring tourists arrive, there are also 18 new productions opening in the next three months. I realize not all of them are direct competition for this show, but the influx of new shows does certainly spread the audience thinner and generally away from older productions.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#57HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 1:23pm

Did SJP even attend the opening? Kind of telling if they couldn't even get her there, no?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#58HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 1:26pm

I'm telling you, she forgot about the movie like everyone else.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#59HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 1:32pm

^ LOL beat me to it.

Phillypinto
#60HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 2:59pm

with the new marketing guy, hopefully things will pick up soon. Lets also not forget, this is the worst time of the year for broadway shows anyway

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#61HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 3:18pm

There has not been an announcement that the marketing people have changed. The announcement is just a change of press agents. If, as has been reported, Danza's manager is now functioning as the lead producer, what can be read between the lines is simply that Boneau was canned because had not been able to book Danza on first class outlets, and my guess that is not for lack of trying.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#62HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 3:21pm

This will be gone by summer.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#63HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 4:49pm

Phillypinto, this show could've even sell in the best weeks for Broadway!

MDM2015
#64HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 6:23pm

^ this last holiday was the best week broadway ever had. During their respective holiday runs
"Janis Joplin" sold 444k,
"Edwin Drood" was 560K,
"Chaplin" was at 558K

This holiday
Honeymoon was at 399K.

All those shows closed February or March.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#65HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 6:42pm

MDM2015, that comparison / analysis doesn't take into account the difference in each of those shows' weekly running costs. We do know, however, that Honeymoon is losing approximately $100K a week, and the fact that it is grossing a lot less than those other musicals does illustrate their dire situation.

Phillypinto
#66HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 7:36pm

yea, but they weren't even open then. Personally, i don't like to see shows when they are in previews because i would rather see them at their best. Why is no one talking about the fact that On The Town is way more expensive than Honeymoon, and is losing more money. Since both shows are critically acclaimed, they are holding off for the Tony Awards nominations to come out. The same thing happened to Gentleman's Guide and look at them now

indytallguy
#67HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 7:46pm

I think people have made that point about On the Town, as well as the fact that they are playing in a barn.

Phillypinto
#68HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 7:50pm

Yeah your right people have, but they act like when shows open and lose money, they close in 2 weeks. Thats never the case as they try to stay open for awards, and what not

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#69HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 7:55pm

^Did you even see HinV?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#70HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 7:58pm

Riedel seemed to dismiss the press agent switch as anything substantive, since he said of the person taking over:

"He is an experienced Broadway hand. He once attended a performance of “Jersey Boys.”"

"Did you even see HinV?"

PhillyPinto never lets a lack of knowledge get in the way of having a strong opinion.

Updated On: 2/1/15 at 07:58 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#71HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 8:17pm

Are their operating costs lower than we think?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Nateben2 Profile Photo
Nateben2
#72HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 8:29pm

It's the operating costs have been reported around mid-500,000.00

A lot of producers keep an eye on advance and group sales . . . and maybe there is enough coming down the pike to keep it open - and without another show ready to pounce in, they maybe allowed to keep it running longer then if there was a show ready to step in and take over.

The issue is the show has lost money for, what, 10 weeks now? It seems to have been reported that it has NEVER made it's nut for the week. That's close to one million they might have paid to keep the show floating.

It has only had one week above 37% - and that was opening week.

If nothing shakes up, they have 12 more weeks until the Tony Nominations, that's another 1.2 million if they percentages don't go up.

(I am intrigued by the business side of this show . . . mostly because I have no interest in seeing it . . . and know just a few people on it.) As we go into some bleak weeks, I am hoping it's bucks the trend, and it's sales increase.

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#73HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 8:58pm

The show's advertising is still handled by SpotCo.

Phillypinto
#74HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 2/1/15 at 9:16pm

"PhillyPinto never lets a lack of knowledge get in the way of having a strong opinion."

ethan231 and hater no i haven't seen it yet since I'm in school, but what does that have to do with ANYTHING?? please explain!