pixeltracker

Riedel on Hamilton transfer- Page 5

Riedel on Hamilton transfer

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#100Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 6:26pm

This will be big news should it happen...we won't have to rely on word of mouth.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#101Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 6:53pm

Any sense for when the announcement would have to be made?

Bwaydide92
#102Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 6:59pm

I'm guessing Dady Warbucks is looking to us for advice on wether he should invest in the Broadway run or not.

neonlightsxo
#103Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 10:20am

Daddy Warbucks, the announcement would have to be made very very soon. Like yesterday.

ILuv2shop531
#104Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:44pm

Just tweeted by Broadway.com, hmmmm:

TheatreKid3
#105Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:49pm

Wow.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#106Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:51pm

Well this changes everything.

I'm always excited for new and exciting work so of course I'm thrilled.

Bummed for Fun Home, but what riches in one season!

That's what we should celebrate.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 2/23/15 at 03:51 PM

ILuv2shop531
#107Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:58pm

Has there been any whisper on who is replacing Brian after Sunday? I'm lucky to be seeing his final performance, have had tickets since October. But would be interesting to know as that person could very well be transferring too.

MyLife
#108Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:02pm

It must have been Michael Riedel under that Times Square Elmo costume (see Lin's facebook or twitter) who tracked Lin down to ask him when the show was transferring. Cat out of the bag so now the Public needs to make the official announcement.

http://www.twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/569919415585808384

CoreyRyan3
#109Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:04pm

Looks like a good sign of a transfer this season.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#110Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:07pm

I do think this will nearly sweep the Tonys, and I think now while the buzz is hot is the right time. More excited now we will probably get a cast album sooner.

broadwayboy223
#111Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:11pm

Is there a bootleg floating around? I really wanna listen to the music

amym1210
#112Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:11pm

Does anyone happen to know what standard ticket protocol is when a show ends a run early to transfer? Desperately hoping my seats for 5/2 will be exchanged for Broadway seats if, in fact, the transfer is happening.

Thanks in advance for any help!

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#113Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:16pm

(insert expletives here).

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for "new work on the boards" and all, but, I REALLY couldn't sit through another sweep. PASSING STRANGE got looked over cause of HEIGHTS, and now FUN HOME will probably, too. Yay.

CoreyRyan3
#114Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:17pm

I'm really hoping they don't stop performances before my trip to the city in March. I have tickets for the Wednesday night performance on March 11th and I really hope it hasn't ended performances by that date.

If/Then doesn't close until the 22nd and they would still have to move out, so I can't imagine them ending performances too soon.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#115Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:19pm

In the Heights didn't sweep, though. It won four awards.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Daddy Warbucks
#116Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:23pm

MyLife, I don't understand how that tweet about the Times Square Elmo revealed anything, or were you just joking when you said cats out of the bag?

New article says there will be some sort of special gathering tomorrow at the Public. Hopefully they will make some sort of definitive announcement:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Rialto-Chatter-Is-HAMILTON-Still-Broadway-Bound-20150223

LimelightMike
#117Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:25pm

That's still "more than enough".

And, I liked the show, too.

MyLife
#118Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:29pm

I was joking, did not mean anything concrete by it.

I suppose the line of thought was Elmo/Riedel asks Lin when the show is transferring - Lin says "next month!" - Riedel takes off his Elmo head to reveal himself - Lin realizes what he's just done and makes a call to the production team saying "we must make an announcement before Riedel's column comes out tomorrow!"

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#119Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:34pm

"That's still "more than enough".

And, I liked the show, too."

South Pacific, Gypsy, and In the Heights crowded out Passing Strange- which still took best book. It was not a "sweep" year by any means- unless you count South Pacific's 7 (basically every design award) and Gypsy collecting 3/4s of the acting awards.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 2/23/15 at 04:34 PM

AngInFL79
#120Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:41pm

I'm hoping the news is of a transfer. If so, I'll be making this, along with Fun Home and An Act of God, the must-sees on my trip to NYC in June.

LimelightMike
#121Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:42pm

Maybe "sweep" was the wrong word choice.

I just hate when there's a darling of a show just poised and ready to claim the accolades MONTHS in advance. Personal perspectives aside, it's the swollen heads that come afterward that irk me so.

Maybe I'm just overthinking.

sweetTb'way Profile Photo
sweetTb'way
#122Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:42pm

Norbert Leo Butz is replacing Brian Darcy James from what I hear.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#123Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:44pm

"I just hate when there's a darling of a show just poised and ready to claim the accolades MONTHS in advance. Personal perspectives aside, it's the swollen heads that come afterward that irk me so."

And that was, coincidentally enough, Fun Home's position just a few months ago.

Daddy Warbucks
#124Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:46pm

MyLife: I gotcha!

The fact that they are having this meaning tomorrow, does everyone think that this is surely the announcement that it will transfer this season? Or does anyone think the meeting could be something else -- e.g., the formal announcement that they are moving in the fall, etc.

Videos