pixeltracker

Lady Gaga + Sound of Music- Page 6

Lady Gaga + Sound of Music

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#125Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 5:11pm

WAIT. You're going to say that you got your tattoo 30 years before anyone else, and then say that it is the ROCKY HORROR lips. FOR REALS. Because that show isn't trendy...

No tattoos for me. I have trouble committing to a lunch order, much less permanent work done.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#126Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 5:13pm

I like mine. And it has always been a great conversation piece for a privileged few.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

FindingNamo
#127Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 5:13pm

Jesus Christ, Jungle Red, Jane was one of the first Rocky Horror Picture Show cult members. She's in frigging books.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#128Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 5:19pm

Lady Gaga + Sound of Music

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#129Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 5:23pm

OK. I respect her now.

Larcen26 Profile Photo
Larcen26
#130Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 5:26pm

Lady Gaga came on the scene doing the most outrageous stuff imaginable...
So much so that her last solo album, nobody really cared. A lot of people had written her off because there was nothing she could do that would shock people anymore.

Or so we thought.

Was she a little too belty at times? Sure. Phrasing all that great? Nah. Weird Julie Andrews accent? Yup.

But she has the talent.

Baritone in search of a role in a new musical...

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#131Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 5:36pm

If you've ever attended a Gaga concert you know she has power, range and a voice that somehow magically does not fatigue.

Her career needed this. She stalled because her "little monsters" do not spend $$$$. They all steal her music online and hurt her sales. She was pandering to disenfranchised youth and limiting her visibility greatly. She needs to viewed as accessible to various demographics.

She needs to drop the schtick. She can absolutely still do edgy pop she writes herself, but she needs to diversify.
My folks, in their seventies and 80s, love her recent work and my dad even said, "She's wonderful when she doesn't screw around with meat and blood."

I'm not sure Broadway can afford her, but I'd love her to do NBC Live Evita. That would be a happening.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Starship
#132Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 6:11pm

The last time Gaga did anything near the meat and blood schtick was a while ago. People tend to stick to those few specific performances that made the headlines at the time for being so bizarre. But as of recent, her public performances have been far less shocking or bizarre than say Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, and even Sia.

Although I think sometimes Gaga gets too wrapped up in her own theatrical world, I think for the most part she's far more interesting than other women in pop right now. She doesn't come out on stage and sing about butts or flip her hair around wearing skimpy two pieces, she PERFORMS and creates musical content that actually resonates with audiences. Updated On: 2/23/15 at 06:11 PM

FindingNamo
#133Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 6:26pm

It's like the way Bjork will forever be identified with a swan dress and Pat Benatar with a headband.

But you know what, this is just the cycle with her. Whenever Madonna releases a new song it's "OMG THIS IS AMAZING FINALLY A GOOD OLD FASHIONED SONG FOR THE DANCEFLOOR" and then 18 months later another new song and it's "OMG THIS IS AMAZING FINALLY A GOOD OLD FASHIONED SONG FOR THE DANCEFLOOR ALL HAIL HER MAJESTY".

From here to eternity for Gaga it is going to be "WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBLY NOTICED HOW GOOD SHE IS WITH ALL THE DISTRACTIONS?".

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#134Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 6:31pm

"I like mine. And it has always been a great conversation piece for a privileged few."

I think I get your drift!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FindingNamo
#135Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 6:37pm

I agree with you Bettyboy and even though it would be great to see a compelling Evita performance, I think she has to stay away from that property. Can you imagine the response from the aging queen demographic that still has its panties in a bunch about three notes of "Born this Way"?

Although I am sure on her 2021 Tour, Madge would do a "Don't Cry for She's not Me" mash-up, which they'd eat right up.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#136Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 6:37pm

Namo, thanks for that.

FYI, I was in the original shadow cast at the 8th St. Playhouse. I became the official photographer there. I had a solo black and white photography show at the Soho Photo Gallery, titled "The Rocky Horror Picture Show phenomenon." My photos are in the books on Rocky Horror. I"m in the Rocky Horror Calendar picture of our cast. My acting career started when Alan Parker put us all in the film FAME.

I"m sorry for this thread jack but I didn't see the point in starting a thread about The RHPS cult.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#137Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:11pm

"She doesn't come out on stage and sing about butts or flip her hair around wearing skimpy two pieces"

Her last album was very sexual, probably the most sexual of her work. She had gotten more sexual recently which concerned me that she was jumping on the bandwagon. She did show her breasts on stage during the last tour and her butt was out for much of the show.

"I want your filthy mouth all over my blonde south." It doesn't get more sexual than that.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
Updated On: 2/23/15 at 07:11 PM

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#138Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:11pm

I thought the performance was vocally good, but I've never seen anything that indicates that Lady Gaga can act. Or, that she has any interest in playing a part beyond what she does in her stage shows. I'm all for her playing Evita or Mame - or Mrs. Lovett, for that matter - if she has the chops, but she might not. She might just have a great voice!

VintageSnarker
#139Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:20pm

I enjoyed the fact that she went to the Oscars dressed as Eva Peron and performed her tribute like Patti Lupone with a touch of Barbra (when she brushed her hair out of her face). It wasn't Julie but I think she managed the balance between legit and belt reasonably well for someone who doesn't normally sing this genre.

FindingNamo
#140Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:29pm

I'm all for her playing Grizabella or Liesl or Gooch or Vera or Rizzo or Sandy or Elphaba or Galinda or Carole or Hedwig or Yitzhak or Hildy or

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#141Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:50pm

"She was performing as "HER" not as a character (for a change). She shouldn't need to cover them up unless she wanted to"

Exactly!!!

"You don't go into getting tattoos thinking, "Oh man, will this show in my wedding dress that I will wear for one hour once in my life?!"

No, you totes should. Cause Jane2 says so!!

"So what if you had your tattoo 30 years ago? That makes you a zen master on the art of tattooing? Please. Get over yourself. Except, Blanche, you do care, you do, because you've made it perfectly clear that you don't take people seriously who show off their tattoos. Why should Lady Gaga cover herself up to make you happy?

Oh God. BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Lady Gaga + Sound of Music

Everlast85 Profile Photo
Everlast85
#142Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:17pm

"I actually thought it was a comedy act when she first started to sing. I laughed out loud! It isn't her type music to sing."

Yep, that's why Julie Andrews came out with tears in her eyes, completely overwhelmed and embraced her. Old idiot.

FindingNamo
#143Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:37pm

Dame Julie Andrews has made it safe for the mainstream tide to turn in Gaga's favor:

Bette Midler
Yesterday at 11:21pm
Brava, @LadyGaga! This girl can sing ANYTHING!!
___

Next Madonna will be BEGGING Stephanie to do the Side Show movie with her.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#144Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:02am

"Yep, that's why Julie Andrews came out with tears in her eyes, completely overwhelmed and embraced her. Old idiot. "

I don't think Ms. Andrews would like you calling her an idiot, idiot.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#145Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:11am

"No, you totes should. Cause Jane2 says so!!

Says the troll who "TOTES" fashions herself/himself/itself as the board corrections officer. I wonder if others have noticed that the only time you post is to try and make someone feel stupid or wrong about their opinions.

P. S. This troll's MO is to now post something overly sweet and friendly to someone else.

Everlast85 Profile Photo
Everlast85
#146Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:24am

No, Jane. You're just a goddamn idiot.

FindingNamo
#147Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:25am

Screw off, "newbie".

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#148Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:29am

That everlast lady is a pill!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#149Lady Gaga + Sound of Music
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:34am

Son,
i love riling you up - Gaga was TOTES FUNNY!