Fun Home Previews

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#25Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 12:17am

The new staging is exciting news. The staging was servicable downtown but didn't rise to the level of talking about it. Can not wait to see this again.

Up In One

PiraguaGuy2
#26Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 12:52am

FYI for those eligible - $40 tickets are available through June on Tix4Students (snap them up now!!)

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#27Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 1:51am

Loved loved loved the cast. I really miss Alexandra Socha. Didn't see the show at the Public but from listening to the cast recording, Alexandra was fantastic. Emily plays the awkward college aged Allison great though. Please please let Judy Kuhn win the Tony.

broadwayman20103
#28Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 8:44am

So I was fortunate to have a ticket to last nights show. Little words do it justice to how amazing it was. Easily one of the most beautiful nights in the theatre I have had in a long time. The movement of the actors and actresses was beautiful and moving. Having seen the Public's production, I didn't really think it could get much better. Boy was I wrong! It certainly didn't feel like the first preview at all. It deserves every award it has coming to them.

indytallguy
#29Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 9:06am

Can't wait to see it on April 2. I thought the Public production was just about perfect so I am very encouraged about the strong praise for how it has been reimagined for its new home.

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Keiichi2
#30Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 9:28am

These responses have me more pumped than before for this production! Should be a great first show for my trip!

I just hope my seat (G102) is good.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#31Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 9:43am

There really isn't a bad seat. The set moves in such a way that everyone is able to view the show fairly. Still in awe from what I saw last night. What a piece!

Noel&Cole
#32Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 10:15am

I would love to see FUN HOME be a surprise hit. I personally have not seen it yet. But the idea that a dark serious emotional musical without gimmick, novelty, spectacle or stars can capture the attention of audiences would be so wonderful for Broadway and the theatre in general.

verdigris
#33Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 10:21am

Did anyone sit in the $75 seats? If so, how was the view?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#34Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 10:25am

^ don't know about the $75 seats but I got my ticket for last night through TDF and I was in row G seat 120 something. Perfect view. I also spoke to people that won the lotto and they said their seats were opposite side of the theater from the band. And they were very happy with their seats. I really think every seat is fine for this production. Just go and see it. It's fantastic.

budfrump Profile Photo
budfrump
#35Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 10:26am

I am so excited for this!

Updated On: 3/28/15 at 10:26 AM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#36Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 11:41am

Is it textually and musically intact from before, or have additions/cuts/changes been made?

indytallguy
#37Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 12:02pm

"a dark serious emotional musical"

I get what you're saying but I wouldn't label the show that way. Yes, it has dark and emotional moments but they are surrounded by joyful and tuneful episodes and some wonderful humor. One of the things I most appreciate about the show is that like life, it is filled with moments dramatic, sad, humorous, and more.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#38Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 12:08pm

"But the idea that a dark serious emotional musical without gimmick, novelty, spectacle or stars can capture the attention of audiences would be so wonderful for Broadway and the theatre in general."

Next to Normal already has that title.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#39Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 12:18pm

I caught this at the Public last year.
Am i the only one on the board that thinks this is
an overrated colossal bore? It's not the subject matter;I loved
Falsettos. Just find this dull.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#40Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 12:30pm

Yes Bilbo3
It's like Next to Normal... but with good music.
I seem to have discovered that if a show doesn't have a slew of dancing or massive sets, there are people who complain that it's boring.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#41Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 12:40pm

Perhaps if there were great big lesbian can can, I would have liked it.
Missed opportunity. I though the show was a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

CoreyRyan3
#42Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 1:15pm

"Next to Normal already has that title."

..it doesn't have to be an "award" given to only one musical. The more musicals like these that become successful on Broadway, the better.

JamesBroadwayWiner Profile Photo
JamesBroadwayWiner
#43Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 2:18pm

I got tickets to see it in a couple of weeks. I got last row since they were $75. Do you think they will be ok seats? I've never been to The Circle in the Square but I assumed since it was smaller that last row would be pretty good

"Brevity is the soul of wit"--Hamlet

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#44Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 3:18pm

I've sat in the first and last row at this theater and I have never been disappointed. I can't talk for this show - but I'm sure they are fine.

jarretSF Profile Photo
jarretSF
#45Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 4:56pm

Won the digital lotto for tonight. So excited.

Some people come into our lives and quietly go, others stay a while, and leave footprints on our heart, and we are never the same.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#46Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 6:02pm

^ enjoy. One of my favorite musicals!

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#47Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 8:57pm

Without "spoiling" anything, is Allison (grown-up version)'s perch at the drawing table stationary? Because if memory serves from The Public run? She was positioned off-center SR, and the entrance to the home was SL. So, would sitting in the 200's (odd section) be the most preferred? I'm just trying to think in terms of the visuals with the couch and such.

Also? Is the stage raised, even slightly?

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#48Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 9:11pm

"Am i the only one on the board that thinks this is
an overrated colossal bore?"

Perhaps. But you are not the only one who thinks that it was an overrated show.

getatme
#49Fun Home Previews
Posted: 3/28/15 at 10:30pm

Limelight, everything onstage moves. The stage isn't elevated it all. The couch moves around several times throughout the show, as do most of the other set pieces. Alison's "perch" as you said is located at the far end of the theatre on the 200evens side for most of the show. But really and truly everything moves around. If you're blocked for one moment in the show, you'll have a clear view for another moment. Sam Gold really has done a masterful job staging the show for audience members all over the theatre.

The set pieces are used very differently in the new staging than they were downtown, especially the couch. I wouldn't plan my seat around the location of the couch if I were you! :)