Lena Halls final show.

JoshLovesRent Profile Photo
JoshLovesRent
#25Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/5/15 at 1:38am

i agree, i got a last minute orch seat way on the side, and I'm so happy i did. the audience was electric, we gave lena a standing ovation as soon as she stepped on stage to do the roadie stuff. She received many standing O's through the show especially after her big solo number. So magical! Ive seen her with every hedwig, and wish her all the best!

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#26Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/5/15 at 1:56am

Darren Criss, Judd Apatow, and Leslie Mann were also in the audience with their kids!

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur
Updated On: 4/5/15 at 01:56 AM

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#27Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/5/15 at 2:14am

^and John Waters (without kids)

Entire 10pm show — from Hall's "Random Number Generation" warm-up to surprise guests (Harris, Rannells, MC Hall, Stephen Trask) and emotional thank you speech — ran 2 hours.  Electric evening.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 4/5/15 at 02:14 AM

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#28Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/5/15 at 2:27am

Tonight was great.  From the sound check to the surprises at curtain call.  I'd also like to thank the box office gods for the front row mezzanine seats via TDF.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#29Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/5/15 at 6:02pm

When Neil came out on stage at the end to surprise lena the audience went INSANE!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#30Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/5/15 at 8:47pm

^ really? I'm glad I wasn't there!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#31Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/5/15 at 8:51pm

"^ really? I'm glad I wasn't there!"

It wasn't that bad..

Anyway, it was so beautiful seeing all of those roses being held out for Lena to grab on her way up the aisle during "Midnight Radio"

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#32Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/5/15 at 10:30pm

""She was fantastic in the role. Where is she going next?"
 For the next two weeks, she'll be at the Cafe Carlyle. I haven't any clue, though, where she'll be going from there.
"

She's playing SF at Feinstein's at the Nikko on April 24-25.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#33Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/5/15 at 10:42pm

The cellphone videos of the Hedwigs coming out on stage at her final curtain call are very moving.

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#34Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/6/15 at 12:05pm

I think the audience insanity was more about all the Broadway Hedwigs being there than specifically NPH. And for me, personally, seeing Trask onstage.

Some fans organized the roses during Midnight Radio. A really beautiful moment.

Updated On: 4/6/15 at 12:05 PM

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#35Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/6/15 at 1:08pm

A friend and I handed out the roses to people sitting on the aisle. We almost bailed on the idea about a hundred times, thinking it would hard to get total strangers to participate, that Lena has to move too quickly down the aisle to have time to collect them, etc. We decided to go for it and let the chips fall where they may. When she came down off the stage and 24 hands (including those of John Waters and Lena’s sister) simultaneously emerged along the aisle each holding out a single pink rose, I would have burst into tears were I not already crying during Midnight Radio. She took every one of them. It was one of many, many magical moments that night.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#36Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/6/15 at 1:18pm

^ The roses were a wonderful touch!  Thanks for doing that!  Lena Halls final show.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

LightsOut90
#37Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/6/15 at 5:29pm

sitting in the balcony, had no clue about the rose thing lol

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#38Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/6/15 at 6:01pm

SDV, what a beautiful thought and a wonderful thing you and your friend did. Lena must have been thrilled and incredibly moved.

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#39Lena Halls final show.
Posted: 4/7/15 at 1:48pm

That's so beautiful!  Did anybody record that?  I did see where someone posted the end of her last "Long Grift" on Twitter.

Videos