#75Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 12:07pm

^ AMEN.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#76Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 12:27pm

"You are never interested in having a real conversation when people disagree with you. You disregard and ignore arguments that you either don't understand or that don't back up whatever you are trying to assert. You seem totally incapable of believing you are not the most knowledgeable one on this forum."

that is not true at all! I was trying to understand why Hogan said that Heidi Chronicles on Broadway never made sense to him. Now i understand his point of view. omgosh, i can't even ask questions without you guys thinking I'm attacking someone. lorddddd

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#77Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 12:28pm

Add me to the long list of those who wish phillypinto would disappear and never be heard off again ! A rude, obnoxious, entitled, know-it-all kid that has no respect for anyone, doesn't know even the meaning of the word "dialogue" and who only exists to annoy others. The day he'll forever stop posting will be a joyous and happy day for BWW !
What I don't understand is, why articulate, wonderful long-time members, go even to the trouble to reply to him, since it is obvious that nothing anyone says makes any difference. If you don't ignore it, it will never go away !

He is the Lea Michele of BWW, without the talent ! Heidi Chronicles to close?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#78Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 12:40pm

""You are never interested in having a real conversation when people disagree with you. You disregard and ignore arguments that you either don't understand or that don't back up whatever you are trying to assert. You seem totally incapable of believing you are not the most knowledgeable one on this forum."
that is not true at all! I was trying to understand why Hogan said that Heidi Chronicles on Broadway never made sense to him. Now i understand his point of view. omgosh, i can't even ask questions without you guys thinking I'm attacking someone. lorddddd"

No, you weren't. How do I know that? Because instead of asking, "why don't you think it makes sense?" you said:

Hogan doesn't think anything makes sense. All producers are stupid and should just produce shows like Wicked and Aladdin

And now we're here. And that's what you do, in a nutshell. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 4/11/15 at 12:40 PM

Liza's Headband
#79Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 12:51pm

If it wasn't clear before, it should be now. Phillypinto: time for you to take a break away from this virtual message board and mature a bit more. 

BosBroad
#80Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 12:57pm

Philly,

She can draw audiences, but not enough for a product that can't draw on its own at all, and not in this kind of product anyway... at the moment.  They changed their marketing for a reason.

I think it's a shame the producers didn't seem to realize the problem with hiring an opera singer famous for singing who'd never been on Broadway and promoting it around her as a product in which she doesn't sing.  They've changed that a bit now, but the damage may be done.

Regardless this is the Heidi Chronicles thread.  I believe we should discuss Living on Love in its thread.  

Phillypinto
#81Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 1:53pm

because it seems like he thinks nothing makes sense!

Liza, you seriously have 50 profiles and its probably you when a random profile comes on here and says something ridiculous about me.

BosBroad, we have only seen 5 performances worth of money from the first week of previews lol

Updated On: 4/11/15 at 01:53 PM

Liza's Headband
#82Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 1:58pm

You're incorrect, and you're starting to sound like another poster who mysteriously vanished once you started posting here. Interesting. 

BosBroad
#83Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 2:05pm

Philly,

The % of gross is going to be very low.  No question.  Hopefully it will be high enough to sustain.  I don't need to see the full results to know this.

Now, I'm moving to the LoL thread and will not feed this here any longer.

I hope HC picks up... I hate to see plays fail and people lose jobs, even if it was probably inevitable.

Updated On: 4/11/15 at 02:05 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#84Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 2:36pm

"because it seems like he thinks nothing makes sense!"

Pinto, this is a perfect example of what you do that everyone finds so objectionable. When you said this before, I responded that I think all but two shows that I have identified make sense. I even explained why one of them didn't make sense when you asked. Where is that predicate in this comment from you now?  It's as if you are writing on a blank slate. 

Phillypinto
#85Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 2:45pm

I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to me how you think Hand to God makes sense to come to Broadway, but not Living on Love.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#86Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 5:37pm

Well, you were not "just saying" that in what I quoted, but I guess you want to conveniently ignore that. In any event, as to this new comment by you, the difference is that HTG has a marketing plan that makes sense and a financial plan that makes sense. It is also a property with a provenance. LOL has none of the above. 

Phillypinto
#87Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 6:28pm

"as to this new comment by you"

that is not a new comment. I asked this same question a while ago, but then Kad started answering for you. What do you mean LOL has none of the above? It certainly has a provenance. And how do you even know there financial plan unless you are the producer?

Im just asking these questions nicely, so no one come and attack me for simply asking genuine questions!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#88Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/11/15 at 10:43pm

by provenance I meant a distinguished provenance. It would have been clearer to use the word pedigree.

the financial plan of the show is contained in the offering papers. I am neither a producer nor an investor on the show (and if I were either I would not have posted about the show, as that is my practice). But I have discussed the budget with colleagues, and may have glanced at it as well. 

The financial model for LOL is the superstar limited run. It assumes that Ms. Fleming would trigger an advance and ticket sales on the level of Helen Mirren, Bradley Cooper and the like. That equation is not sensible. 

I would never criticize you for "simply asking genuine questions" as you have done here. I know there are people who would like for you to leave; I would prefer for you to stay and learn, if you can continue to ask good questions, make solid comments and offer whatever opinions you might have. Think you can do that? 

Phillypinto
#89Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 2:44am

Well i certainly doubt anybody would think Renee would bring in Bradley Cooper or Helen Mirren numbers, but she is still a star, and has many fans. I think we will get a better idea of how much star power she has after previews. I don't think its really fair to say she isn't a draw only after seeing how much money they made after the first 5 previews.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#90Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 2:59am

PhillyP

I chatted with a couple on the subway going home tonight from FUN HOME (See Review there) and we exchanged on how we enjoyed our shows...the guys basically said she should stick with opera and that they hated the play LOL as did their friends.  Also, commenting that the critics probably won't be kind.

Just saying...

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Phillypinto
#91Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 3:04am

okay and I've heard many fabulous things about her and the show. Just look at the LOL thread. 

Just saying...

Wilmingtom
#92Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 3:38am

Great, one more thread I thought might be interesting hijacked by juvenile bickering.  Why don't you just message one another with your personal pettiness rather than boor the rest of us with it?

Phillypinto
#93Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 4:00am

How is this boring to you? It is not "juvenile bickering." We are having a smart conversation about the things people want to see, and the things people don't want to see. 

indytallguy
#94Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 8:03am

I'm not sure "I heard people liked it" and "I heard people who didn't" quite makes the threshold for "smart conversation," particularly when discussing a show other than than the one the thread was created to assess. Other comments in this thread have been far more substantive.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#95Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 9:12am

Let's be real, LOL has been on TDF for just about every single performance and is also on there every performance next week. That's not good.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#96Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 10:50am

"Well i certainly doubt anybody would think Renee would bring in Bradley Cooper or Helen Mirren numbers"

That's exactly my point. The business model they are using (limited run with a path to recoupment only because because the star can sell it out, much at premium prices) makes no sense. 

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#97Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 11:17am

Precisely Hogan

It is sort like having Wilford Brimley discuss quantum physics on stage & comparing it to Hugh Jackman doing Magic Mike. Which has a better shot at recoupment in a short period of time. It is a no brainer.

Fleming is an opera star & not a theater star. If the show got raves (which it will not) and was open ended you might have a shot. It seems like a big tax write off or an extended tryout for what will become a regional favorite years from now.

How about Brimley doing Magic Mike?

Poster Emeritus

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#98Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 5:54pm

Meanwhile, twitter from UK reporter following King Charles III's win for Best New Play claims the play will be going into The Music Box in October.  Heidi Chronicles already shows an August 9 closing date on one ticket site - although the Shubert site just says selling tickets through August 9.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#99Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 6:16pm

^ King Charles III for the Music Box in the fall prior to Shuffle Along with Audra McDonald :) so I guess not Misery...maybe Misery will take the Golden?

As for HC tix, That's 4 months away...I doubt they will stay open until August if through end of May.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses/THE-HEIDI-CHRONICLES

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 4/12/15 at 06:16 PM