pixeltracker

Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel- Page 3

Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#50Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 3:02pm

This thread is silly IMO. There is no choosing sides in this matter. Whomever is texting during a performance is WRONG.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#51Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 3:10pm

House seats. A call from their people to the management of the Public and the seats are paid for and arranged.

Thanks. Of course it was obnoxious behavior, but in a way (a small way), haven't the management encouraged her entitlement by treating her like this?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Liza's Headband
#52Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 3:17pm

They didn't treat her any differently than the thousands of other celebrities who have acquired house seats to Public shows in its 60+ year history. Has nothing to do with entitlement. It has to do with ignorance and arrogance, which is different and more dangerous. 

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#53Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 3:29pm

As somebody who's still trying to get into Hamilton via the lottery/cancellation line - Madonna can bite me.  Lin-Manuel has been nothing but lovely every time he's passed by the huddled masses yearning to breathe free inside the Newman theater.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#54Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 3:31pm

They didn't treat her any differently than all the other people they treat differently, you're right.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#55Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 3:41pm

House seats for celebrities / prominent people / donors / friends and relations of those involved are a common practice at every theatre, whether it's the Public or on Broadway. They're given access to very good seats the public may not have immediate access to, but still pay full price. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#56Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 3:47pm

House seats are not comps. They are considered among the best seats in the house, and you have to pay for them. Also, leads in the show have a certain amount of house seats in their names for each performance. People who want them have to pay for them. You can obtain them from the personal assistant, who very often has a waiting list for the seats. If some are given as comps, I'm not quite sure who has to pay for them.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#57Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 3:48pm

sometimes they pay, often they don't. The after show photo op with a celeb is worth paying for. (I don't know if that was the case here, but it could have been. Even though the photo op was ceremoniously cancelled.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#58Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 3:58pm

My friend is personal assistant to one of our biggest stage stars. From day to day, he complains about the constant demand for house seats and has the annoyance of trying to juggle who's coming when, etc. Who cancels when, etc. Pain in the butt.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#59Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:00pm

Not to mention the terror of a guest's credit card not going through. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#60Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:07pm

I'm not condoning her actions, but Miranda publicly shaming her is not particularly classy on his part either.  Not to mention an ill advised PR move.  Hence why he deleted the tweet.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#61Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:12pm

"Well, she did theater back in 1988, when there was no such thing as texting. 
If Hillary Clinton and Dick Cheney didn't have to text during the show (Imagine! Dick Cheney texting! He'd shoot the phone if it auto-corrected!), then there's no excuse for Madonna to do so. 
I'm with JPeterman. I bet she wanted that selfie up on social media and didn't give a flying f*ck about sitting through the show. If it was an emergency, she could have left. Good for Lin!"

She was on stage in the West End in 2002 when there was texting, but not quite as extensively as today.

Regardless of what happened or her intentions were - we're allllll talking about her, now aren't we?  She is and always has been a publicity machine.

It's not working out too shabbily for Hamilton's publicity either.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#62Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:18pm

Except Lin didn't publicly shame her, since she wasn't mentioned in the tweet. And I think it was perfectly fine- though he did it via Twitter, he isn't the first actor to call out a rude audience member, and he should. If you don't want to be publicly shamed, don't behave like an ass. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#63Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:19pm

"It's not working out too shabbily for Hamilton's publicity either."

Maybe for some it's working, but it's making me think the show must be boring.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#64Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:24pm

'Not to mention the terror of a guest's credit card not going through.'

Don't call me out, bitch!!!  (That actually happened on Saturday night...they switched two numbers on my card...I felt so poor!)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#65Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:27pm

""It's not working out too shabbily for Hamilton's publicity either."
Maybe for some it's working, but it's making me think the show must be boring."

...because Madonna got bored? 

Robbie: yes... you were the talk of 9th Avenue Saloon for that... 

Updated On: 4/20/15 at 04:27 PM

brdlwyr
#66Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:31pm

Madonna is mutton dressed like lamb. I bet her texts were sent via fake British accent.  

A Director
#67Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:53pm

Maybe for some it's working, but it's making me think the show must be boring.

Jane2 - Why not see the Hamilton yourself and then decided if it's boring.  Of course, you'd have to take time away from your knocking every actor playing Hedwig.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#68Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 5:02pm

"..because Madonna got bored?"

Yes, partially. 

tombomb31
#69Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 5:42pm

All of this disrespect towards Madonna is making me naseous. 

tombomb31
#70Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 5:57pm

All of this disrespect towards Madonna is making me naseous. 

Liza's Headband
#71Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 6:01pm

If you're disrespectful, you'll get disrespect back in return. 

ZannaDo
#72Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 6:03pm

"You could have bought a ticket before the reviews came out."

THANK you for saying this. So many people sit around on here complaining about how they can't get a ticket. When the tickets went onsale, they did not sell out anywhere near immediately. Y'all had the same chance to get a ticket for the show at the $85 price as everybody else, you just missed it. That's on you, not Hamilton.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#73Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 6:09pm

I bought a student ticket the day they went on sale because I knew this would be a hot ticket. Plus I've been lucky enough to see it two more times via the lottery. 

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#74Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/20/15 at 6:12pm

And the show is moving to Broadway, where there are many more tickets easily available. I get that no one likes to wait to see a show, but the entitlement of complaint of having to wait until July (horrors!) is ridiculous. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.