pixeltracker

Next for the Broadhurst?- Page 2

Next for the Broadhurst?

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#25Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 1:24pm

Next for the Broadhurst?wtf was that fashion guru? I did nothing to you.

You see how people just randomly say snarky things to me on here?

And I think School of Rock will be pretty dark. I mean, just look at the logo and its ALW for crying out loud. 

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY
Updated On: 4/23/15 at 01:24 PM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#26Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 1:41pm

Have you ever even seen the film of School of Rock? It's pretty much the opposite of dark. And for that matter, so is pretty much everything Andrew Lloyd Webber has ever done. Not that it makes him a good fit for this show, of course, but that's another matter entirely.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Phillypinto
#27Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 1:45pm

yeah I've seen the movie many times lol. They can change a lot of things up ya know. And theres an evil snake in the logo. Makes it seem like an evil school lol

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#28Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 1:55pm

The evil snake in Children of Eden made the show extremely dark and gritty also don'tcha know! 

*Side note* I want a hot dog real bad! 

perfectliar
#29Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 2:13pm

"You see how people just randomly say snarky things to me on here?"

Look, I barely post here anymore, but I still read pretty often and have to say that you are seriously obnoxious. You hijack every thread you post in with meaningless, unrelated, uninformed BS. Like this, earlier in the thread: "no 13 is f*cking weird especially at the end when they are like "i turned 13, and was diagnosed with an eating disorder" um what?"

This is a thread about what's going into the Broadhurst, yet here you are talking about your opinion of 13, and you're doing it in a way to make yourself look stupid (because it's really "f*cking weird" for a show about 13 year olds to include references to things that happen to 13 year olds, like developing eating disorders, getting drunk, and dealing with divorce).

You post endlessly but never add to the discussion. That's why people are snarky to you. /drop mic

Phillypinto
#30Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 2:33pm

First of all, I wasn't even the one who brought up 13. We were having a good conversation, not bothering anything. Everything you said is BS, rude, uncalled for, and false

billyelliotfan123
#31Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 2:39pm

Philly, go take a long walk off a short cliff...for your own sake

Phillypinto
#32Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 2:45pm

you are sad sad sad lol

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#33Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 4:53pm

Its funny when you have him blocked but you still see so many posts from others with his name in it. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

broadwayboy223
#34Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 4:55pm

I hope Rebecca happens. Would love a english cast recording and sheet music.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#35Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/23/15 at 6:45pm

Rebecca, please!

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

broadwayboy223
#36Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/25/15 at 4:38pm

Are the producers of Rebecca still aiming to do it by the end of this year? I think the last thing I heard was they have the rights until the end of 2015.. 

broadwayguy2
#37Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/25/15 at 5:50pm

If Rebecca is not running before the end of the harm the producers have to return all money to all investors. Most if the money has been spent in building the physical production. If the show opens, that money becomes a tax write off and doesn't need to be returned. The show is designed to fit the Broadhurst. It is a complex show that would require extensive work to put in any other house. Suffice to say, I am sure a few people are fighting to get Rebecca in.

Phillypinto
#38Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/26/15 at 2:08am

Can someone explain to me the whole Rebecca situation. All I know is that it was postponed the first time because someone said that they would give the show a lot of money, but they were lying. Why was the poster up on the marquee a second time???

Wilmingtom
#39Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/26/15 at 2:23am

Look it up on Google or Wikipedia. It's been kicking around for ten years. I realize that research is anathema to you (you might look that word up as well) but I doubt anyone here will be in the mood to detail the long gestation of this muscial for you.

LightsOut90
#40Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/26/15 at 2:24am

^ for ****s sakes can someone please just kick this guy off the board, its ridiculous at this point.

Phillypinto
#41Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/26/15 at 4:41am

you are crazy rude and you should be kicked off the board since you pretty much only say snarky comments. No class at all

and there really isnt much online. I know they didnt have the money, but isnt there more to the story

Updated On: 4/26/15 at 04:41 AM

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#42Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/26/15 at 9:57am

The story around the producing of this show would make a pretty interesting play:

Philly, take a look at this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/17/theater/ben-sprecher-rebecca-producer-explains-his-fallen-dream.html?_r=0

RW3
#43Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/29/15 at 6:16pm

The Bodyguard?

RW3
#44Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 4/29/15 at 6:16pm

The Bodyguard?

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#45Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 5/2/15 at 1:58pm

Anyone have any updates on whats going in here yet?

brightbroadway
#46Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 7:45am

So.... I guess it is time to bring this back. What are your thoughts? Love Never Dies? Girl From North Country? TINA? 

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#47Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 8:04am

I feel like Love Never Dies being next to Phantom is a pipe dream. My guess is Frankie and Johnnie with Audra and Michael Shannon.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#48Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 8:06am

Since the producers of Anastasia are also the producers of Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune, I think it's extremely likely that it will take the Broadhurst, and will start performances in May, as was previously announced. Michael Shannon has a very active film career, and I'm assuming that the timing of Anastasia's closing has to do with making a very specific window of time available for the production.

Dolly80
#49Next for the Broadhurst?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 8:07am

Tina is GOING TO THE LUNT.