pixeltracker

THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th- Page 2

THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#25THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 9:59am

I think this is a great way to promote the show sell those tickets... BUT I saw the show from about mid Mezz (fairly early on when it was selling much better and that was the best you could get at TKTS) and I'm not sure I saw the same show and performance of Chita that people are raving about. From what I gather her performance is subtle, which of course there is nothing wrong with, but I didn't "see" much of her acting... and I wasn't even in the balcony. I still enjoyed her performance but I didn't love it was much as possibly would have, had I been able to physically see more of it, i.e. had I been closer.

I wonder if they would be better off with a really good discount for orchestra seats, where people can enjoy what is no doubt a great performance, and then get the word of mouth going... But probably it's too late for word of mouth at this point anyway...

Dollypop
#26THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:48am

Even if Chita wins the Tony, it doesn't mean the show will have a boost at the box office.  Remember that Boyd Gaines won his "Best Actor in a Musical" Tony for SHE LOVES ME, only to have the show shutter a few weeks later.  Sad but true.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

LarryD2
#27THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:58am

That production of SHE LOVES ME had been running for over a year -- first at Roundabout, then reopening in a commercial production -- by the time it closed. 

UnwoundFantasies
#28THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:03pm

Does anyone know how we can buy these tickets for $19? Telecharge hasn't changed the prices on their website to reflect the announcement, and when I called Telecharge the attendant I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#29THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:20pm

^ TRUE...I just contacted telecharge and was told that they have not been advised with any price changes reflecting what was said last night posted by OP and BWW.

Balcony is $59 and rear mezzanine prices are $79-$99 still!

Any updates on when the balcony and rear mezzanine seats will be offered for $19.75?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#30THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:12pm

UPDATE:

Only Balcony seats row D-G are $19.75

Rear Mezzanine prices have not changed to reflect this offer.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#31THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 2:02pm

I went to the box office in person this morning at 10:30 and picked up a pair of tickets for tomorrow night. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#32THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 2:34pm

polka dot curious where are your seats for $19.75?

YourTheatricsInc
#33THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 4:46pm

USE CODE TVTALK520 to get this deal! You can purchase at the box office, Telechargeoffers.com, or phone 212.239.6200!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#34THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 6:11pm

Yourtheatrics THANK YOU! 

All of the Balcony and the last row of the mezzanine are $19.75 THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#35THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/21/15 at 10:19pm

Rear Mezz center

VintageSnarker
#36THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/22/15 at 5:18pm

I checked last night. The tickets still don't seem to be selling like crazy.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#37THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/22/15 at 5:39pm

^ TRUE as it is not being advertised to the general public.

As far as I can see only those that go on Playbill or BWW know of this offer...it is not being advertised on their website etc.

With offering balcony and last row mezzanine tix for $19.75 no reason why those sections are not sold-out...it's a steal at that price to see this show!

Updated On: 5/22/15 at 05:39 PM

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#38THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/22/15 at 11:22pm

I saw it tonight. Rees was out again. Hope he is okay. His understudy is great.

I was in the last row of the mezz, but the usher told us right away that we'd be able to move up. We moved to 5th row center of the mezz. Perfect seats. 

So I love Chita in general, and I really enjoyed the movement of the younger characters. But I'm just gonna say it - I thought the show was just bizarre. It just wasn't my cup of tea. 

But for $20 and 5th row mezz I'm happy I went :)

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#39THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/22/15 at 11:24pm

On the Visit website it states Tom Nelis is Anton Schell.

http://thevisitmusical.com/cast-and-creative/

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#40THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/22/15 at 11:27pm

WTF is happening???

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#41THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/22/15 at 11:38pm

When I saw the show on May 13, I thought Rees was only out for the evening performance - it doesn't seem like anyone had any idea he would be our for so long. I guess Tom is now on in the role until further notice? I'm a big fan or Rees, but I thought Tom Nelis was superior in the role! Very glad he has this chance to perform, but also wishing Rees well and hope this isn't anything serious.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#42THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/22/15 at 11:44pm

I really think there is no hope for this show financially any more, unless it wins Best Musical. However, I am so glad they recorded this and I hope everyone involved is proud of their efforts. Has the Lincoln Archive stopped by yet? 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#43THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/23/15 at 1:05am

Hmmm...Roger Rees has been removed from The Visit website!

Updated On: 5/23/15 at 01:05 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#44THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/23/15 at 2:00am

I really thought the selling point of Chita's last collaboration with Kander & Ebb in their  last show would be more of a draw.

Maybe it's just too dark and weird?

....but the world goes 'round

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#45THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/23/15 at 7:37am

I don't think the show's subject matter (or mixed reviews) have helped, but Chita just isn't really a box office draw. A Dancer's Life didn't have a very long run, and Drood's ticket sales, which weren't really terrific anyway, didn't seem to be boosted much at all by her presence in the show. She's a legend, no doubt, but I don't think she's very familiar to the general public.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

LarryD2
#46THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/23/15 at 11:10am

Perhaps take this with a grain of salt, but someone on All That Chat posted that Rees is unwell.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#47THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/23/15 at 11:56am

If true, that is awful news. I hope he's ok. He's wonderful in the role. I wonder if we'll get an annoucement on Tuesday?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#48THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/23/15 at 12:26pm

I got my tickets for this coming Wednesday's matinee.

In addition to the website, it seems Rees' name has been removed from all promotional materials as well.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#49THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th
Posted: 5/23/15 at 12:26pm

I got my tickets for this coming Wednesday's matinee.

In addition to the website, it seems Rees' name has been removed from all promotional materials as well.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm