pixeltracker

ON YOUR FEET Pre-Broadway (and Broadway) Previews- Page 3

ON YOUR FEET Pre-Broadway (and Broadway) Previews

CukorLover Profile Photo
CukorLover
#50ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/11/15 at 6:16pm

There may not be much hubbub about it, but they're certainly still looking for investors.

RW3
#51ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/11/15 at 6:47pm

Entertainment Tonight did a piece on the musical. Also, there has been positive mentions on Twitter, Facebook, etc. Chicago Sun Times also did an article on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2ssMsRINE

CukorLover Profile Photo
CukorLover
#52ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/11/15 at 10:10pm

and here's a link to the commercial that's currently airing on Chicago stations:

ON YOUR FEET! Coming to Chicago

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#53ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/11/15 at 10:43pm

Anyone been back and recognized any changes?

xoffender45
#54ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/14/15 at 8:28pm

In case anyone wants to know, this is the full song list as of this past Thursday. I was told that "Famous" was getting cut the next night. I had SO much fun at this show, and can't wait to see it again when it come to Broadway.

Spoilers ahead, if you don't want to know the set list.

Overture

On Your Feet 

Cuando Sali De Cuba

Tradición

¡Si Señor!

Anything For You

I See Your Smile

Mi Tierra

Con Los Años Que Me Quedan

Here We Are

When Someone Comes Into Your Life

Conga

Entr'acte

Conga (Reprise)

On Your Feet

Live For Loving You

You'll Be Mine (Party Time)

Oye Mi Canto

Cuba Libre

Famous

Wrapped

If I Never Got To Tell You

I Don't Want To Lose You

Reach

Coming Out of the Dark

Megamix/bows:

-Rhythm Is Gonna Get You

-Oye

-Conga

-Turn The Beat Around

-On Your Feet

madela2
#55ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/16/15 at 4:57pm

Saw On Your Feet on 6/13. I quite liked both leads and had a really great time. Wasn't familiar with the name of the actor playing Emilio (Josh Segarra) but immediately recognized him from Chicago PD. He is very cute so even if I wouldn't have like the show I would have still been pretty content with my two hours.

Anyway, I just got an email with a pretty good promo code for this Sunday (6/21) only (matinee and evening) if anyone is interested in going.

Don't get an orchestra aisle seat if you don't want to end up doing a conga line up the aisle. Learned that the hard way :)

ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago

If the image doesn't show up the promo code is FATHER for bogo free.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#56ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/16/15 at 5:02pm

"Don't get an orchestra aisle seat if you don't want to end up doing a conga line up the aisle. Learned that the hard way :)"

lol thank you, that is like the most useful information I have read on this board in weeks :o)

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#57ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/16/15 at 5:21pm

I got the offer too - and am trying to see if my family likes me enough to treat me to a Father's Day show....(note: the offer is on pairs of tickets only)

madela2
#58ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/16/15 at 11:16pm

""Don't get an orchestra aisle seat if you don't want to end up doing a conga line up the aisle. Learned that the hard way :)"

lol thank you, that is like the most useful information I have read on this board in weeks :o)"

Ha! I'm glad to help.

Trish2
#59ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/17/15 at 6:58am

The conga line information alone just saved me the price of TDF ticket. Of which I'm sure they'll be plenty of.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#60ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/17/15 at 11:49pm

Does anyone know how rush has been lately? I wanna try to get up to Chicago in the next two weeks to catch this. Judging by seats available online, it looks like rush can't be an extremely hard thing to acquire. Also, does anyone know of any other discounts besides fathers day? I doubt I'll find a First Wives Club type deal ($9.99), but I'd still like to get the best seat for the best price.

ChiTheaterFan
#61ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/17/15 at 11:53pm

I know they do some sort of $25 on the 25th thing. I'm not clear on whether that's for tickets purchased on the 25th for future dates or for shows on the 25th. BIC also supposedly sends discount codes via Twitter on Tuesdays and Instagram on Thursdays but I haven't seen any for this show. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#62ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/17/15 at 11:54pm

"The conga line information alone just saved me the price of TDF ticket. Of which I'm sure they'll be plenty of."

lol does that mean you're not gonna see the show now?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

ChiTheaterFan
#63ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/17/15 at 11:55pm

Here's the special offers website:  http://broadwayinchicago.com/special-offers/

I've never tried rush here. 

Phillypinto
#64ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/17/15 at 11:56pm

look how fabulous this show looks!! I love the music and story, and I can't wait to see this!!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-TV-First-Look-at-Highlights-from-Gloria-Estefans-Broadway-Bound-ON-YOUR-FEET-20150617

Trish2
#65ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 12:57am

From the looks of that clip i see a cheeky, Las Vegas type of concert. Let's see what the "book" brings to the proceedings. The choreography looks almost pedestrian, but I'm sure it's her music that will save the day. For her fans that is.

japhun2 Profile Photo
japhun2
#66ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 8:38am

This REEKS of a flop.

And a Carnival cruise.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#67ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 9:03am

"This REEKS of a flop.

And a Carnival cruise."

Don't know what you are looking at. This looks brilliant. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

japhun2 Profile Photo
japhun2
#68ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 10:22am

""This REEKS of a flop.

And a Carnival cruise."

Don't know what you are looking at. This looks brilliant. "

SERIOUSLY?

It looks like a botched quinceañera with a conga line!

MrJNLong
#69ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 11:08am

TimeOut review

Pretty glowing review. Here are some excerpts:

"I can’t remember the last pre-Broadway tryout I saw in Chicago that was already as self-assured as On Your Feet!, the new musical bio of Gloria Estefan and her producer-manager husband, Emilio. I might point to Kinky Boots, which shares On Your Feet!’s director, Jerry Mitchell. But as thrilling as that show was in Chicago in 2012, I saw elements that could be improved. It’s hard to say the same about this smart, slick but heartfelt new crowd pleaser."

"Dinelaris and Mitchell keep the story smartly structured and paced, and the songs are integrated more organically than in any other “jukebox” musical in memory."

"The storytelling is so sophisticated it makes Motown the Musical look like a school pageant."

"It feels a step too far to give the “perfect” five-star rating to a show that’s bound to keep evolving before its October New York bow. But maybe it’s enough to know I considered it."

Where else should we be looking for Chicago reviews? Chicago Tribune doesn't have anything up yet.  The show opened last night...

Phillypinto
#70ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 11:10am

yay I'm happy for them!! Honestly, idk why, but for some reason i really thought Beautiful was gonna flop. Clearly i was soo wrong and I'm happy because i ****ing LOVE Beautiful!! Jessie Mueller was brilliant!!

ChiTheaterFan
#71ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 11:19am

Theatre in Chicago usually has a good collection of reviews but On Your Feet isn't on there yet. Don't know why. Maybe they don't do BIC shows?

here it is in case it shows up eventually. http://www.theatreinchicago.com/reviewlistings.php

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#72ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 11:42am

My favorite line from that Time Out review is "The storytelling is so sophisticated it makes Motown the Musical look like a school pageant." HAH!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#73ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 11:59am

To be fair, that's not a difficult feat.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ChiTheaterFan
#74ON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago
Posted: 6/18/15 at 12:03pm

EDIT:  Turns out the Trib review is accessible.  You need a login and password but it's free. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/reviews/ct-on-your-feet-review-gloria-estefan-column.html#page=1

It is largely positive but recognizes some issues that need to be fixed. 

Here's the summary at the end

Many tryout shows are locked into their problems. Not this one. The machinery of its visual structure, and its dramaturgy, are both secure. The performances are richly connected. The emphasis on unity and family are the right impulses, given the Estefan biography and the Cuban moment (you can't take your kids to “Jersey Boys”; you can to “On Your Feet!&rdquoON YOUR FEET begins pre-Broadway run in Chicago. There is a carefully modesty to the whole affair — a tone that can be progressively upped and amplified in the work before Broadway.

For the Estefans' determination that the Miami Sound Machine be fueled more with optimism than division has finally proved prescient: It is not hard to imagine the scene when “On Your Feet!” plays Havana, as Cuba and America make their new, cautious embrace.

Updated On: 6/18/15 at 12:03 PM