pixeltracker

The Visit Closing Sunday- Page 2

The Visit Closing Sunday

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#25The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:24pm

Just got my tickets for Sunday. A shame that this incredible show didn't catch on, but I'm glad I will be there to say goodbye. Thank you, Chita, Kander, Ebb, McNally, Doyle, and Daniele for bringing us this brilliance to the stage. We will have fond memories forever.

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#26The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:32pm

That's unfortunate, but I don't think I'm surprised since it was not doing as well as people had hoped.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#27The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:32pm

Bummer. I was hoping to see this later in the summer.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jayar2 Profile Photo
Jayar2
#28The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:35pm

I am scheduled to see it three days after the announced closing, and since I live on the west coast, I won't be able to see it. Sigh.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#29The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:39pm

Is is really going to London?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#30The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:39pm

Such a shame. Much like SCOTTSBORO,  Kander & Ebb created something amazing that just wasn't "mainstream" enough to fully capture the general publics attention. I wish they would have been able to get a huge name to play opposite Chita as Anton, for no other reason than to ensure it sold tickets and got asses in those seats. I truly hope that Chita changes her mind and decides to do Broadway again after this because she's just too special to not have a show for us to see her in. 

Liza's Headband
#31The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:51pm

It's too bad that one of the presenting not-for-profits, such as LCT or Roundabout, weren't the ones to put this up. There is no guarantee it would have run any longer but at least it would have been privy to more underwriting support and a consistent subscriber-based house. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#32The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:53pm

This is such awful news The Visit Closing Sunday I was planning on going next week, but now I guess i'll go Wednesday or Thursday

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

pugsandcoffee Profile Photo
pugsandcoffee
#33The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:54pm

"Such a shame. Much like SCOTTSBORO,  Kander & Ebb created something amazing that just wasn't "mainstream" enough to fully capture the general publics attention. I wish they would have been able to get a huge name to play opposite Chita as Anton, for no other reason than to ensure it sold tickets and got asses in those seats. I truly hope that Chita changes her mind and decides to do Broadway again after this because she's just too special to not have a show for us to see her in. "

I feel like this show could have used a more intimate treatment - off-Broadway, Roundabout, Circle in the Square - and it definitely could have used some chemistry between the two leads. I honestly thought Roger Rees was just going to mumble and wander offstage, never to return when I saw this. It was a heads-cratching performance.

I think I would be more than willing to revisit (see what I did there?) this show if it ever plays in a more intimate production.

Phillypinto
#34The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:56pm

I wonder when On the Town will post closing

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#35The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 2:58pm

^ Weren't you the one saying OTT wouldn't even get nominated for best revival and that it would close before the tony awards? HA. How ya like them apples, brat. 

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

Phillypinto
#36The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 3:00pm

what the heck

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#37The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 3:03pm

Either way, this show is the perfect swan song for the duo and for Chita if this is her last appearance

Gothampc
#38The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 3:06pm

Is the cast recording with Roger or the other guy?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

jimmycurry01
#39The Visit Closing Sunday

"what the heck"

Well, you did day that. 

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#40The Visit Closing Sunday

It would have been nicer if Chita won the Tony & Kander picked it up for score even though it was not one of their best & it would not have saved the show.

Poster Emeritus

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#41The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 3:08pm

Roger is on the OBCR.

The "other guy", Tom Nelis is also on it. He played Rudi before taking over for Rees.

....but the world goes 'round

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#42The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 3:43pm

"Is is really going to London?"

Scottsbor Boys did, played both off-West End and West End and did quite well.

VintageSnarker
#43The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 4:36pm

So how early do you think I'll have to get there for rush this week? And do you think they'll start selling more tickets in general? It would be nice if they could finish strong(er).

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#44The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 4:39pm

I don't think getting rush will be an issue. It is sad this show didn't last longer. It's very challenging. I do wish it had been in a smaller house and had a non-profit behind it.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#45The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 5:35pm

I thought Chita gave a few interviews saying that this wouldn't be her last go around and that the rumors were false? 

In any event, if it does turn out to be her last, it was a magical performance that she gave up there. I was lucky to see it twice. 

rjm516
#46The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 6:17pm

So so sad for Chita and the cast and crew. It sounds like such an intriguing show and I hope I get to see it someday, though without Chita it'll be hard to get over. 

Mr Smith
#47The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 6:19pm

https://www.facebook.com/thevisitmusical/photos/a.692495517515452.1073741828.685638091534528/756242334474103/?type=1&theater

mattporter17 Profile Photo
mattporter17
#48The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 6:24pm

I think the claims that this was Chita's last show were under the assumption that it would go at least 6 months to a year. That assumption has changed because of the under two months closing.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#49The Visit Closing Sunday
Posted: 6/8/15 at 11:57pm

Obviously expected, but I'm extremely sad to hear that The Visit is closing. I saw the show twice and it was definitely my favorite musical of the season. Bravo to Chita, Kander and Ebb, John Doyle, Terrence McNally, and the cast and crew of the show from bringing us an important and historical show!

I know the financial situation of the show was far beyond dire, but I wonder why the producers invested the approximately $200,000 to perform on the Tony Awards without allowing a certain amount of time to see if viewers would buy tickets as a result of the performance? Perhaps they get a good enough idea from the sales impact in this short time frame to see that the performance had little to no impact on advanced sales? Or did the backers just want to see the musical showcased on the Tony Awards like the other nominees, business impact aside?