pixeltracker

Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?- Page 2

Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#25Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:13am

Well you people keep calling me racist. When i said i was "for them" i meant i am not racist, and wish we saw more color in the theatre, but I don't think they can afford it as much as white people can. 

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#26Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:13am

Sorry, brdway411 but this is a thread about the negro having no money. Please stay on topic.

brdway411
#27Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:15am

I was ignoring the little one up past bed time. 

Phillypinto
#28Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:15am

never said they have no money

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#29Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:17am

Dem po' po' negros, right Pinto?

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#30Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:19am

Unfortunately people are stupid and pay insanely high prices to see The Lion King, because a friend said it's great or Book of Mormon and now probably Fun Home or American in Paris. All mediocre shows. I have no interest in seeing Hamilton. I saw Fun Home at the Public for 10 dollars and found it boring. Judy Kuhn was the best thing in it. My friend was in shock when I told him that The Lion King isn't a good show...(he's never seen it by the way)

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#31Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:21am

Phillypinto--breaking down your handle...

Clearly you are not from the City of Brotha-ly love.  Though the pinto part seems to suggest the bean that is clearly bigger than your brain.  The Philly must indicate a fondness for Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese.  It's white, tasteless and spreads so easy, like bigotry and hate.  

Phillypinto
#32Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:23am

You have no idea where I come from, which is the furthest place from a white town. Please explain to me how I am full of bigotry and hate?

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#33Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:24am

You live in Nigeria?

Phillypinto
#34Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:26am

no a town in new jersey

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#35Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:26am

"How do they expect blacks and hispanics to see the show at those prices?"

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Phillypinto
#36Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:27am

perfectly logical question. Honestly, how many black or hispanics do you see at broadway shows?

singingbackup
#37Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:30am

I don't do a head count but I reckon they can only sit in the back of the theater.  

Where is Gypsy Rosa Parks when you need her?!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#38Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:31am

most of my time spent at a Broadway show is spent appreciating the performance onstage and not judging those around me based on the color of their skin

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#39Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:31am

Don't you mean in the high balcony? Haven't you seen Show Boat?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#40Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:33am

Everything Philly spews is a ghastly misinformed generalization. There are wealthy blacks and latinos/hispanics and there are poor white people. His pinto sized brain doesn't seem to understand basic concepts. 

muscle23ftl
#41Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:33am

philly, you know you're my buddy and I always stick up for you, and I know you didn't mean it, but certain things like those are better left unsaid. That comment can come across racist and discriminatory.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Phillypinto
#42Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:37am

thanks muscle23ftl. Honestly though, I think a lot of you guys are part of the problem in this country since nobody wants to look at the issues at hand and just ignore them, and beat around the bush. I am not like that and have never been shy about voicing my honest opinion but carry on.

RW3
#43Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:37am

Phillypinto, please be gone. Rob, can't you make him leave?

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#44Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:45am

Pinto, I've been to several of the Golden State Warriors playoff games the last few weeks, and there are plenty of black people there, most of them in better seats than me.  Those tickets aren't cheap.  How does your theory account for that?

muscle23ftl
#45Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:46am

If you don't like what he posts, why do you reply to this thread? You be gone! He didn't mean it.

Updated On: 6/9/15 at 01:46 AM

singingbackup
#46Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:49am

This thread makes my head and my heart hurt.  Good Night All.

Updated On: 6/9/15 at 01:49 AM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#47Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:49am

Not to defend Philly here, but doesn't Broadway (and things like ballet and opera) in general have a perception problem that only rich white people can afford those luxuries? I mean it's no secret that there is a huge income inequality gap in this country, and they are drawn at racial lines. I didn't take Pinto's post to mean that no blacks and hispanics can afford to see Hamilton or that Broadway audiences are all white, but let's not pretend that Broadway, especially at these prices, are necessarily affordable for those who aren't making as much money as others, generally-speaking. Now, of course, people from a great range within our socio-economic spectrum can splurge and afford tickets if they wanted to, but when there's a great many things that hold our interests that are costing more now (have you seen pop/rap/hip-hop concert tickets lately?), I can see how Hamilton wouldn't be high up on someone's list, due to financial concerns, as he/she/they will have to be more selective with their money.

Now with that said, as much as I think one's income plays into it, I also think Broadway and musical theatre in general has a public perception problem that makes it skew older and whiter. Again, this is generally-speaking, not saying that there aren't people of all races going to Broadway. As an Asian-American theatre goer myself, I brought friends, who didn't have theatre on their radar at all (for a myriad of reasons), to shows and they are now becoming Broadway fans. So I think it's more cultural exposure, but high prices don't help.

RW3
#48Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:50am

In addition, the society that we live in right now, you can't say these comments without some kind of reaction. This "college-educated" person needs to be taught that because clearly no one has.

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#49Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?
Posted: 6/9/15 at 1:58am

Updated On: 6/9/15 at 01:58 AM