pixeltracker

Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick- Page 2

Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#25Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/19/15 at 9:51pm

For elphaba they should have an unknown(Alison luff) just like they did with hairspray and my dream Glinda would be Michelle Williams but that might conflict with disneys "oz the great and powerful" sequel. And my dream supporting cast would be Steve Martin as the wizard, queen latifah as Madame morrible, Anna Kendrick as nessarose and liam hemsworth as fiyero.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#26Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/19/15 at 9:57pm

"I think Anna would be a perfect Nessarose instead of Elphaba. And I like Amanda, but I think her singing is just too weak for Glinda."

I'm definitely down for Kendrick as Nessa - but cannot see her as Elphaba AT ALL.

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#27Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:13pm

Queen Latifah would be amazing as Morrible. And I could get into Liam Hemsworth as Fiyero. Personally, I feel like the movie Elphaba should be someone who hasn't done it onstage. Someone fresh and new.

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#28Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/19/15 at 11:24pm

I would suggest Demi Lovato as Elphaba and Beth Behrs as Glinda, they are both amazing singers!...

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#29Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 12:59am

"Also, does Wicked even need stars? I mean some well known people in supporting roles will be great, but I doubt its commercial success will depend on having 2 main huge stars to sell it, right? "

The original stars were Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth. They are huge stars (and were then).

I agree with Kristin Bell as Glinda, I think she would be terrific. I was surprised by her in Frozen and would love a live-action musical. Although she's aging (but still looks terrific).

As for Elphaba, it will be a very difficult role to cast because basically everyone in the world will be upset at this point. There's no one I've seen someone suggest as Elphaba that other people don't immediately disagree with. As a star, I think Anna Kendrick could do it. Although apparently everyone on this board hates Lea Michele (and can't ever spell her name correctly), that girl can sing basically anything and I think would be terrific in the role. She has that certain vulnerability that would be great for the character and her voice is stupendous. Someone said she will be "lost to the annals of history," although she's about to co-star in that new show on Fox. She is very talented.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 6/20/15 at 12:59 AM

Broadway61004
#30Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 1:06am

Guys, it's a movie based on a Broadway show.  Obviously it has to be Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts.

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#31Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 10:04am

"The original stars were Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth. They are huge stars (and were then).
I agree with Kristin Bell as Glinda, I think she would be terrific. I was surprised by her in Frozen and would love a live-action musical. Although she's aging (but still looks terrific).
As for Elphaba, it will be a very difficult role to cast because basically everyone in the world will be upset at this point. There's no one I've seen someone suggest as Elphaba that other people don't immediately disagree with. As a star, I think Anna Kendrick could do it. Although apparently everyone on this board hates Lea Michele (and can't every spell her name correctly), that girl can sing basically anything and I think would be terrific in the role. She has that certain vulnerability that would be great for the character and her voice is stupendous. Someone said she will be "lost to the annals of history," although she's about to co-star in that new show on Fox. She is very talented."

Kristin and Idina were both stars already when they were in Wicked, but I don't think either of them were anywhere near the level of "stardom" that they are now, which happened because of Wicked.

And yeah, Lea Michele can sing anything amazingly, and she has one of the clearest tones I've ever heard. But that doesn't mean she's right for every role. Especially a role like Elphaba. That role requires some more grit and earth (let's say) than she really has. That's nothing against her as a performer! It's just that she is not quite right for the part. In my opinion. Could she potentially prove me wrong? Yes.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#32Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 10:11am

Just get Samantha Barks to play the green girl. Problem solved. Just kidding. We all know Meryl Streep will play Elphaba. 

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...
Updated On: 6/20/15 at 10:11 AM

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#33Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 10:40am

"Just get Samantha Barks to play the green girl. Problem solved. Just kidding. We all know Meryl Streep will play Elphaba. "

Well, to quote Cam from Modern Family, "Meryl Streep could play batman and be the right choice!"

BobBenson Profile Photo
BobBenson
#34Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 11:48am

I think Beth Behrs from 2 BROKE GIRLS would be a good Glinda.

Jon
#35Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 1:49pm

This discussion makes me wonder how freakin' jealous Lea Michele must be of Anna Kendrick's career.

Dave19
#36Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 2:58pm

"This discussion makes me wonder how freakin' jealous Lea Michele must be of Anna Kendrick's career."

It must be very frustrating for her to see that "shrill, squeaky, dry and amateurish" Anna Kendrick is getting all these roles and some audience members even accept it and think she sounds acceptable.

I would be frustrated too if I were her. Especially when it's about musical roles on film, where the chosen language is singing.

Updated On: 6/20/15 at 02:58 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#37Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 3:06pm

Agreed, re: Lea Michele on Anna Kendrick's career. The girl has been in several movie musicals the past few years while Lea was stuck on that sinking ship, Glee. I feel bad for her, because she was and is so much better than the show.

RaiseYouUp, I guess you are correct that Wicked made Kristin and Idina superstars.

Samantha Barks couldn't belt Èponine. She probably wouldn't belt Elphaba. She's less right for the role than Lea.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Hank
#38Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 4:01pm

Just a thought:  Sutton Foster as Elpheba.  I've heard her "Defying Gravity", she could pass as "younger", and she looks good in green.

Showface
#39Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 4:14pm

I don't think she can pass for the age Elphaba needs to be, though Updated On: 6/20/15 at 04:14 PM

VintageSnarker
#40Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 4:20pm

"^She can't pass for an 18-year old"

I don't think any of the stage Glindas or Elphabas could pass for 18. Well, maybe one or two. It never bothered me but then I don't like Dear Old Shiz and I think I forget that it's supposed to be taking place at school... or assume that they're all grad students. Still, for a movie I can't see them casting beyond someone in their twenties. 

Hard no on Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick. I had a bit of a moment when I thought this was an actual story clicking on the thread. 

Dave19
#41Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 6:03pm

Rachel Tucker would be amazing. 

Hank
#42Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 6:24pm

Just a thought on that Sutton post, not a suggestion.  Although I would love to see it, and with the makeup and all  she'd be great, but I understand why it will never happen.

That said, I'm exited about the notion of a Wicked movie and I look forward to it's developments and seeing it.

jimmycurry01
#43Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 6:49pm

First, I rather enjoyed Anna Kendrick singing from the show with Chenoweth.

Second, I love that now a Tony nominated actress isn't even good enough for Dave19. A guy who incessantly whines about the need for Broadway actresses to star in film adaptations of musicals is now getting picky.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#44Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 7:40pm

Samantha Barks couldn't belt Èponine. She probably wouldn't belt Elphaba. She's less right for the role than Lea.

You obviously never saw Sam play the role in the West end. Actually, it sounds like you haven't seen her do much of anything except that terrible Les Mis film. Sam can definitely belt Elphaba and already has: https://youtu.be/wFzu6RhRyJo. Youtube is your friend..

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#45Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 9:58pm

Well, no, I didn't go to England to see her. But I saw the 25th anniversary concert with Alfie Boe and Lea Salonga and didn't think she was really much to write home about.

jimmycurry, first and foremost Dave19 requires someone who can act through notes. If they can't, they better not get anywhere near a musicalfilm.

AEA AGMA SM
#46Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 10:11pm

"jimmycurry, first and foremost Dave19 requires someone who can act through notes. If they can't, they better not get anywhere near a musicalfilm."

Which I find amusing since the last time I feel I've seen Lea Michele "act through the notes" was in Spring Awakening, nearly ten years ago now (and even in that I thought she was adequate at best, certainly not anything to write home about). Since then I've only seen her play some variation on herself with very little acting on display. 

There is no way this movie is going to please everyone on these boards, should it ever get made. As evidenced by this thread, and the countless others about it, everyone has very strong feelings about who should be cast (stars, unknowns, Hollywood stars who have some musical training, Broadway stars with no film training, and on and on). Luckily for the studio we are but a small sub-section of the potential audience and the large majority won't have nearly as strong or vocal an opinion over the casting as long as it's not something blatantly ridiculous.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#47Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/20/15 at 10:49pm

Amanda Seyfried in "Wicked"?  I absolutely cringed when she sang "A Heart Full of Love" in the Les Miserables film.  It was painful to hear her sing...thought her voice was going to snap.  I think Anna Kendrick could pull it off being one of the "Wicked" film leads.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#48Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/21/15 at 1:25am

"Sam can definitely belt Elphaba and already has: https://youtu.be/wFzu6RhRyJo. Youtube is your friend.."

Finally just watched that clip of her singing Defying Gravity. She didn't belt it, unfortunately.

Dave19
#49Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/21/15 at 6:05am

"A guy who incessantly whines about the need for Broadway actresses to star in film adaptations of musicals is now getting picky."

And that's where you make a mistake in your thought process.

I don't care about "Broadway" actresses. What I am talking about it "great, natural, singing voices". Only those make acting through song feel truthful and natural, because only then both things (acting AND singing) will feel natural. In the Les Mis film I wonder why the hell they are even singing, because it looks like the singing gets in the way for the great actors. They act "in spite of" the notes instead of "using the sung notes" to act. That's what the chosen language of singing is about.

Anna is not that.