pixeltracker

Penn & Teller on Broadway- Page 2

Penn & Teller on Broadway

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#25Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/8/15 at 5:34pm

The TDF tickets are gone already.  No discount codes to be found.  I did see a Living Social deal for weekday tickets $69 for mezz and $99 for orchestra.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/8/15 at 6:01pm

Roxy all those shows had messages. They might be simple, but they had messages: Honeymoon: Love always wins. Rocky: Love wins. Big Fish: Family is important. 

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#27Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/8/15 at 6:04pm

I am talking about social or political messages. I do not think people are paying good money to see  P/T only to hear him lecture you re his opinion - whether you agree or not.

Poster Emeritus

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#28Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/8/15 at 6:06pm

I attended the invited dress on Tuesday afternoon. I am very familiar with Penn & Teller having seen them on tv for a number of years.  They don't normally do big tricks. They do more intimate and at times cringe inducing kind of creepy stuff.

I enjoyed the show. It is very low key. Took me a bit afterwards to really appreciate it. It was exciting to see the nail gun thng live. I have seen him do it on tv. It freaked me out then and really made me cringe live.

The tone of the advertisement on tv doesn't really ,atch the tone of the show. I agree with Whizzer about those moments with Teller alone onstage. They were wonderful.

LOTS of audience participation. As intimate as most of their stuff is, it still played well, for me, in a large house.

Just give the world Love.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#29Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/8/15 at 9:25pm

" No intention of seeing P/T before but especially not now with their politics. I come to Broadway to be entertained. If I want a message I will watch the news."

Roxy, if you want to be entertained and enjoy magic, I think you'd love this show as P & T are incredibly entertaining and funny.  I don't think they perform in order to convey a political message.  I'm not saying that some of their material might not be politically satirical in some way but I doubt that they've had as much success as they've had by "preaching" to their audiences.  

Why not give them a try?  If they spend too much time on conveying a political message, come back here and rip them to pieces.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/8/15 at 9:28pm

"I am talking about social or political messages. I do not think people are paying good money to see  P/T only to hear him lecture you re his opinion - whether you agree or not."

Yeah, they should throw in some magic tricks, too, at least...

FindingNamo
#31Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/8/15 at 9:33pm

This is a very special thread.  For the first time EVER Roxy is stating some standards he uses when he judges shows.  Sad he hasn't realized that all art is political.  I don't like Penn Jillette's politics either.  

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

LightsOut90
#32Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 12:57am

ill ask again, any merch being sold? 

also for anyone asking about a discount they are offering $40 rush tickets day of

mike_ant
#33Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 2:53pm

Well, for my next trip, I managed to score a ticket using Audience Rewards points + cash. 1000 points, plus $36 bucks, and I got center Orchestra seat. Not bad at all! They offer quite a number of days there... more than the usual Tue-Thu only.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#34Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 3:58pm

Pammy and Mike -- thanks for the suggestions!   Looking into both possibilities!

AND...just picked up a pair for the closing night performance.  Thanks again for the tips.  (Just missed being able to take advantage of the AR deal!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 7/9/15 at 03:58 PM

Pammylicious
#35Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:08pm

Great...just picked up tix for tonight via TDF.  Mezz row G seats 111 and 112. Regularly $147 each. 

Pammylicious
#36Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:08pm

Great...just picked up tix for tonight via TDF.  Mezz row G seats 111 and 112. Regularly $147 each. 

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#37Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:22pm

On 7/7 you started this thread saying you just got tickets. Now you say you got tickets today. I am curious. Are you seeing this twice? Just curious.

Poster Emeritus

Pammylicious
#38Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:28pm

"On 7/7 you started this thread saying you just got tickets. Now you say you got tickets today. I am curious. Are you seeing this twice? Just curious."

Duh....I got tickets for tonight on 7/7.  

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#39Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:30pm

It did not read that way duh.

Whatever

Poster Emeritus

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#40Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:36pm

She meant she physically picked them up....which is how she knew her seats.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#41Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:53pm

Roxy, you are a special kind of stupid.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

brdway411
#42Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 7:27pm

We got  row v seats 15 17 19

FindingNamo
#43Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 10:18pm

WOW.  Roxy is going to pick on ANYTHING related to Penn & Teller isn't he?

"I am curious. I thought you said you wore sandals to the show but now you mention wearing sox.  Just curious."

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

brdway411
#44Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/9/15 at 11:37pm

Just got home. It was fun to see them live. The show consists of mostly recycled material there are 3 new tricks which were amazing. 

They are super nice and hang out after the show to sign and take pictures for everyone who is willing to wait. 

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#45Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/10/15 at 12:11am

Glad to hear that they are so friendly.  Do they do the signing at the stage door as per usual Broadway protocol?  Someone said something about the lobby, but that might have been referring to the Las Vegas production.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

brdway411
#46Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/10/15 at 12:13am

When the show ends, they leave the stage and walk right up the aisle to the lobby of the theater. 

LightsOut90
#47Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/10/15 at 12:43am

third times the charm? any info regarding merchandise? 

brdway411
#48Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/10/15 at 12:46am

cards, various T shirts, a metal copy of the Bill or Rights. a book, magnets

Updated On: 7/10/15 at 12:46 AM

Pammylicious
#49Penn & Teller on Broadway
Posted: 7/10/15 at 9:51am

Great night of theater.  Never having seen Penn & Teller live before I was wowed by their tricks.

Afterward in the lobby was a blast, such good guys, there for everyone to chat, take selfies and autograph.  Told Penn he killed it on Celebrity Jeopardy and he reminded everyone he won and said he was the first person ever to curse on the air.  Then I said I loved him Celebrity Apprentice, his response was " Yeah that was something.  Can you believe that schmuck might be president, but that will never happen"", right?" I told him we will see.

Bought a metal Bill of Rights for my son.  Put it right in the wallet. Thought it is a brilliant idea, though we don't believe in their views about the TSA.

FUN FUN evening, if you're thinking about it just do it.