Valerie Harper THANKFULLY IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says- Page 2

Valerie Harper THANKFULLY IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#25Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 9:08am

We can, indeed.

Keeping her in my prayers. 

If this is, indeed, the end for her, I love that she lived right up to the end and went out doing what she loved to do.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#26Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 10:10am

Me too, Addy!

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#27Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 12:33pm

Personally, I'm disappointed and perhaps even a bit disgusted with the media and the reporting on this. What is the actual status? Is she in a coma? Has she been released? Is she going to keep up with the show? It seems major news sources have conflicting reports. Out of respect I feel they should either get facts or not report at all. 

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#28Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 12:49pm

"Personally, I'm disappointed and perhaps even a bit disgusted with the media and the reporting on this. What is the actual status? Is she in a coma? Has she been released? Is she going to keep up with the show? It seems major news sources have conflicting reports. Out of respect I feel they should either get facts or not report at all. 

"

None of what you're asking is any of our business, really. 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#29Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 12:49pm

I so agree with you emo. It's frustrating to read one article about her health and then soon after another with different information. The press did this recently with Joni Mitchell's illness. It's a business I guess. Ms. Mitchell's reps posted latest info about her condition on her website. I hope Ms. Harper's reps do that too.

That said, I send her prayers. She has given me so much pleasure through the years.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#30Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 1:01pm

All of the reports are explicable. One said she had been released from hospital #1, which was true (and no doubt based on info from that hospital's spokespeople) and the other said that her family had stated that she was subsequently admitted at a larger hospital where she went into a coma which, sadly, is also true. I don't think this is a case of bad reporting or reporting based on unconfirmed rumors. 

Junior Babcock Profile Photo
Junior Babcock
#31Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 1:43pm

She was clearly unwell at her last performance - the Wednesday matinee. I am sure that all of us in the audience were just praying that she would be able to make it through to the end of the show. (She is in only a couple of scenes at the very end of the second act.) I can say that she had a big smile on her face at the curtain call and seemed to enjoy being danced around the floor after the finale. I can only think that she must have insisted on going out there on stage Wednesday afternoon even if she felt unwell, because, otherwise, someone in charge backstage simply wasn't paying attention. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#32Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 4:57pm

There have been conflicting reports in the media regarding Valerie Harper's condition after being admitted to the hospital Wednesday evening prior to going on stage at the Ogunquit Playhouse. Executive Artistic Director Bradford Kenney has been in direct communication with Valerie's family from the beginning and can report that Valerie is not, and has never been, in a coma. She is currently enjoying her family's company while resting at an undisclosed location. Valerie has been loving her time in Ogunquit and is looking forward to getting back on stage at the Ogunquit Playhouse. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/UPDATE-Ogunquit-Confirms-Valerie-Harper-NOT-in-a-Coma-Co-Star-Sally-Struthers-Releases-Statement-20150731

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#32Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 4:57pm

There have been conflicting reports in the media regarding Valerie Harper's condition after being admitted to the hospital Wednesday evening prior to going on stage at the Ogunquit Playhouse. Executive Artistic Director Bradford Kenney has been in direct communication with Valerie's family from the beginning and can report that Valerie is not, and has never been, in a coma. She is currently enjoying her family's company while resting at an undisclosed location. Valerie has been loving her time in Ogunquit and is looking forward to getting back on stage at the Ogunquit Playhouse. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/UPDATE-Ogunquit-Confirms-Valerie-Harper-NOT-in-a-Coma-Co-Star-Sally-Struthers-Releases-Statement-20150731

bfreak
#33Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 5:03pm

Thank God!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#34Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 6:24pm

That's wonderful news.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#35Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 6:53pm

Executive Artistic Director Bradford Kenney has been in direct communication with Valerie's family from the beginning and can report that Valerie is not, and has never been, in a coma. 

That's excellent news. Then why did various reports say that she was. That's what I was talking about earlier. Different reports in a short span of time. Let's wait and get the facts correct-especially a horrible misrepresentation like a coma. The press did the same recently with Joni Mitchell- reporting a coma and then saying she never lost consciousness.

Bad reporting on unconfirmed rumors.

Updated On: 7/31/15 at 06:53 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#36Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 8:31pm

I happily changed the title of this thread!  Now, I just hope she pulls through!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

FindingNamo
#38Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 9:28pm

They're in seacoast Maine. It's not exactly a freaking media center.  

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#39Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 9:36pm

"Geese can't the media leave some stars alone"

When Rhoda is starring in a show and is found unconscious backstage, of course the media is going to be interested.  I'd rather hear this story than another story about a mass shooting.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

FindingNamo
#40Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 9:43pm

What do geese have to do, have to do with it?

FindingNamo
#42Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 7/31/15 at 11:57pm

You have no idea what they're trying to do.

mamaleh
#43Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 8/1/15 at 10:37am

Very glad to hear she's not in a coma.  Hope she fully recovers, and soon.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#44Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 8/1/15 at 1:12pm

Valerie, you are DEFINITELY a creature with nine lives!

Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says

FindingNamo
#45Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 8/1/15 at 7:25pm

I adore Valerie.  She's in my triumvirate of ladies I've seen a Broadway show just because they replaced the lead on Broadway.

And guess who's replacing Val at Ogunquit.  BRENDA VACARRO.  Dear god, I wanna get in the car and drive.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#46Valerie Harper IS NOT In a Coma, Source Says
Posted: 8/1/15 at 10:35pm

just curious, but did they have to cancel any performances this week, or does Ogunquit use understudies??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.