#1DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:16pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-News-20010101

Produced by Second Stage. Spring 2016.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#2DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:19pm

I hope it doesn't come to Broadway this season though. I assume this will transfer to the Helen Hayes at some point.

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:24pm

It could do something similar to next to normal and go into the booth theatre.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:26pm

If it's going to Second Stage in the spring, it's nearly impossible that it will transfer to B'way this season.

But I'm excited to hear the news, I've been intriqued by the buzz we've heard from DC

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#5DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:35pm

I'm about 99% sure this will make it to Broadway... NEXT season. Spring 2016 at Second Stage, Broadway sometime during 2016-2017 season. 

It seems to be taking a similar route of N2N, the Grief approach. N2N was 2ST, then Arena, then Broadway. Dear Even Hansen will likely do Arena, 2ST and then Broadway (obviously)

HSky
#6DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/13/15 at 6:03pm

I'm back in DC (I'm not a local) to see it again tonight. Being closer to NY, I'm thrilled I'll get to see it there next Spring.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#7DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/13/15 at 6:50pm

Second Stage and Dear Evan Hansen are a good match. I'm very pleased for the cast and crew and think this is a great chance to refine things.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:29am

Totally called this. It seems like the perfect venue for it. I think Broadway really depends on how well it's received at 2nd Stage. Next to Normal got astounding reviews, and a Pulitzer. Either way, Evan Hansen would be a major gamble. New dramatic musicals seem to struggle on Broadway - unless they're Fun Home. 

RW3
#9DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:41am

After yesterday's Broadway/Off Broadway announcements, this was my favorite. I absolutely love this show. I can't wait to see it at 2nd Stage. Hopefully, a cast recording will be made because of this. Congrats to all those involved!

Sinfonian4life Profile Photo
Sinfonian4life
#10DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/14/15 at 10:56am

Well, 2nd Stage now owns The Helen Hayes, so maybe they are renovating it for its first musical? 

If that is the case, then I don't want it to come this season....it get "lost" in Hamilton.

Liza's Headband
#11DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/14/15 at 11:07am

I can assure you DEH will not be coming to Broadway this season. It will enjoy a limited run at 2ST this spring, probably March - May 2016, and then move to Broadway next season (fall 2016) if the New York reviews are as positive as the D.C. reviews were. 

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#12DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:01pm

Isherwood reviewed the DC show in the NYT and while not quite the rave of Peter Marks, it was a very positive review.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#13DEAR EVAN HANSEN Coming to New York
Posted: 8/14/15 at 3:21pm

Handy link: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/04/theater/review-in-dear-evan-hansen-teenage-angst-grows-complicated.html?_r=0 

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos