pixeltracker

Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle- Page 2

Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle

Howard Shore
#25Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 6:38am

ZellMorrowsPledge said: "FishermanBob said: ""Cancel this messy tour. I won't let them ruin this amazing piece of art and set a bad standard for when people come to see the mindblowing Broadway production. Just cancel it! People pay way too much money for them to be having technical difficulties months into the tour. This whole situation is messy and I heard the cast is weak and some leads mediocre at best. Shame on this tour"

How do you know fishermanbob is old? How do you even know his age?  Its not like its a photo of him. Even if is in any case you do not need to be so rude

I love when petulant 15 year olds act out.

"

I love when the eldery find their way onto the internet 

"

Updated On: 8/20/15 at 06:38 AM

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#26Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 8:51am

Howard Shore: ZellMorrowsPledge didn't start as rude.  The 'adult' posters were the ones who got rude. 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#27Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 9:46am

This reminds me of the tour of Master Class starring Faye Dunaway.  Opening night in each city was delayed by 60-90 minutes and there was nothing wrong with the set or tech.  It was the star that was the problem.  I left at intermission.  Her performance wasn't worth waiting for.  Luckily, I had a comp and didn't waste my money.  But boy, the audience was FUMING.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Emmaloucbway
#28Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 10:07am

Some of you mentioned that the tour had problems in LA. What happened there?

Emmaloucbway
#29Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 10:07am

Some of you mentioned that the tour had problems in LA. What happened there?

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#30Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 10:11am

The night I saw it in LA it went off without a hitch....

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#31Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 11:17am

theatregeek6 said: "Howard Shore: ZellMorrowsPledge didn't start as rude.  The 'adult' posters were the ones who got rude. 

"

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

ZellMorrowsPledge
#32Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 11:18am

theatregeek6 said: "Howard Shore: ZellMorrowsPledge didn't start as rude.  The 'adult' posters were the ones who got rude. 

" Exactly!

Liza's Headband
#33Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 11:20am

Yo. Zell. Keep on stalking the 10-year-old you love so much. 

ZellMorrowsPledge
#34Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 11:20am

FishermanBob said: ""I love when the eldery find their way onto the internet "

I love it when 15 year old twits are too stupid to even be able to spell "elderly". Seriously, spend less time worrying about tours you haven't seen and more time educating yourself, because you're not very bright.

" Obviously do not have to see or pay for sh*t after the above review. You on the other hand probablt would. You obviously have nothing better to do at 50 then be on Broadway forums

Liza's Headband
#35Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 11:22am

You're one to talk... A grown man (or woman) being obsessed with a child actor??? I mean, come on. 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#36Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 11:52am

Zell is grown? I thought she was like 13.

In that cast her avatar is creepy as hell.

....but the world goes 'round

Liza's Headband
#37Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 11:55am

Taz. I believe the poster is a grown man or woman (or at least old enough to be considered one...) but the "Zell" in question is actually a child actor, who has apparently become the target of obsession by said poster. So creepy. 

FindingNamo
#38Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 11:57am

This is how witch hunts start.  No surprise the band is most interested in doing so.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#39Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/20/15 at 11:58am

Anyhoo, I hope they get all the kinks worked out.

It's a fantastic show.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 8/20/15 at 11:58 AM

SeattleSun
#40Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 11:49am

There last night.  Everything worked like a charm...except the sound is still a BIG issue.  You cannot understand anything most of the actors are singing, especially the children and Mrs Wormwood, who squeaks her way through everything.  Matilda and Trunchbull were the easiest to understand.  The sound is tinny, to me.  It's a huge contrast to Pippin, which I saw last week at the Paramount and every word could be heard perfectly (and the show was amazing).  All in all, I found the show lacking something...magic maybe?  The audience only responded resoundingly to the Phys Ed number.  Seattle audiences jump to their feet at the end of every show (yawn) but the audience only started to get up when Trunchbull took his bow and then a few more when Matilda came out.  And yes, there were walkouts at the intermission.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#41Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 2:02pm

What a disaster! Apparently, there are still sound issues

https://www.facebook.com/5thave/videos/vb.53497308832/10153614489468833/?type=2&theater

trpguyy
#42Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 3:15pm

^ Reading those comments, it's amazing to me just how many people think that the local theater or its crew is responsible for the sound of the show.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#43Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 3:23pm

Really?  I'd be surprised if most people DID realize each touring show has their own sound team.  It's not what the average theater goer thinks about. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#44Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 3:27pm

Same here. These aren't people who generally do a deep-dive into the logistics of the touring shows they see. They go, they enjoy (or not), and they know what they know.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#45Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 3:36pm

Oh, please, Zell has been a brat since he first showed up. 

I'm not sure why it's a problem for adults (AKA  "the elderly) to use a discussion board or the internet. Only the young can waste their time online? 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#46Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 3:50pm

if the sound is so bad why don't they fire the sound technician and hire someone who can actually get it working properly? Or are the kids that bad at talking?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#47Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 4:33pm

The 5th Avenue has had problems with their sound for years and years. It's hard to tell if it is indeed Matilda or the 5th itself.  The majority of their productions now are self-produced, with 1 or 2 tours thrown in, I've seen many, many shows there and the sound is often on the loud side and can lack clarity, 

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

skies Profile Photo
skies
#48Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 4:41pm

What a pity about the sound issues!  There is no way to enjoy a production with that looming, I saw Evita a few years on tour and it was a disaster.   Have patrons been able to get a refund if they request one?

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

kristinj1 Profile Photo
kristinj1
#49Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:48pm

I second the comment that 5th Avenue has had sound problems for years.  The inaudibility of the Matilda tour was very serious (we saw walkouts and heard lots of audience grumbling), but we found it no worse than normal for that theatre, sadly.