pixeltracker

Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?- Page 2

Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#25Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 6:46pm

Julie Hanson was a great Christine on Broadway! 

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#26Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 6:54pm

Dale Kristien

I second Dale Kristien. She was absolutely gorgeous and had the voice of an angel. She was Christine for me. I saw her three times in the part, twice with Michael Crawford, and once with Robert Guillaume.

Years later, I saw Lisa Vroman in the role when she debuted on Broadway (she had played the role many times outside of NYC). Her voice was so powerful, but she wasn't as "delicate" or lovely as Dale was. And she seemed a little old for the part at the time, too. But her voice was magnificent.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 9/4/15 at 06:54 PM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#27Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:07am

Sarah Brightman, Sierra Boggess and Lisa Vroman Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#28Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:26am

I saw Olivia Brereton play the role on the UK Tour in 2012 and she was phenomenal.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#29Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:31am

Sarah Brightman was stunning when I saw it in New York in 1988. 

Marina Prior in Melbourne Australia was also amazing with Anthony Warlow in 1990 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

jdrye222 Profile Photo
jdrye222
#30Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:38am

Mary Michael Patterson acted it better than any I've ever seen.  

jimmycurry01
#31Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 12:26pm

My favorite is Jennifer Hope Wills. She had a great voice and she actually gave Christine some depth.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#32Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 12:30pm

Sierra Boggess for sure.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#33Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 12:41pm

I would have loved to see Sarah Brightman play the role; I love her voice on the cast album. Of the Christines I have seen on stage, my favorite is Teri Bibb. I saw her play the role twice and and have never seen anyone do it better.

broadwayguy2
#34Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 1:04pm

Of the ones I have seen, Boggess, Wills, Pfisterer, and Hanson win the day.

I'd have loved to have seen Luker, Cohenour,  and Kristien.

I always heard such wonderful things about Patterson as well, but getting me into that theatre any longer is like pulling teeth. I have to have strong reason to go - usually casting.

jdrye222 Profile Photo
jdrye222
#35Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 4:17pm

Me too.  I went to see Norm who is a buddy of mine, and was lucky enough that it timed with Patterson as Christine. 

broadwaysfguy
#36Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 7:59pm

sierra boggess has made this role her bitch, and i am in love with her.....

thedrybandit
#37Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 8:24pm

Elizabeth Welch. Current Broadway (and ex-tour) understudy, and best voice and acting I've seen in the role to date.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#38Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 8:52pm

ksilver117 said: "Elizabeth Welch. Current Broadway (and ex-tour) understudy, and best voice and acting I've seen in the role to date."

ELIZABETH WELCH! I was lucky enough to see her with Norm, and she was fantastic.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#39Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 9:04pm

Wow; this is the thread that will not Die-aye...

I still say Sierra Sierra Sierra! But it always comes down to choice and who's having a great performance when we see it.You really don't get to perform one of the most iconic roles of the past 25 years without the voice, acting and talent to mesmerize the audience. Congrats to all these Christines!

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#40Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 9:04pm

Oops; DP

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?
Updated On: 9/5/15 at 09:04 PM

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#41Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 9:17pm

The first Christine I saw was Dale Kristien in Los Angeles with Michael Crawford. She was amazing. I saw her a few years in concert with Michael Crawford and she was still amazing!

PatrickDennis92
#42Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 8:23am

TellZ, I wonder if we were at the same performance because I also saw an understudy Sarah Combs in Vegas and was shocked at how good she was. I remember well because I was disappointed to learn an understudy was going on, but she was amazing. I also love Sierra, but I'd say that Sarah Combs was indeed my favorite; maybe because I had lowered expectations that were blown away.

jimmycurry01
#43Divine Daaes: Who was your favorite Christine?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 11:21am

I was really excited to see Sierra and Norm; unfortunately, I found both of them to be good, but not particularly great.