pixeltracker

Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film- Page 3

Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film

Liza's Headband
#50Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 3:26pm

"Emily Blunt OUT. Michelle Dockery IN."

That's patently false. EB is already signed on and attached. Any change would be a result of her backing out of the project and deal which, as of this morning, has not happened. 

Updated On: 9/15/15 at 03:26 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#51Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 3:35pm

Who knows. Maybe it happened this afternoon.

Or...maybe it hasn't "happened" yet.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#52Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 4:36pm

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#53Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 4:52pm

"So YouTuber Grace Randolph did a video revealing her thoughts on the subject..."

OMG, that's nearly 8 minutes I'll never get back! 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#54Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 5:21pm

Mr. Nowack said: "I'm really disheartened to hear it will use the original songs. When I first saw the news I was kindof reassured because I assumed it would be a whole new take (new songs different stories etc.) but now it seems it's just going to be a boring rehash. If that's the case they ought to just leave it alone."

I thought they said Shaiman & Wittman will be writing an entirely original score?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Mrtrobz
#55Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 5:44pm

Dockers could be Mrs Banks, as for it based on the children grown up I don't think that will happen. I think it's more likely a reboot in the vain of the musical. Based on the books in their original 1934 setting with Mary arriving at the Banks but taking it forward using scenes from all eight books. :)

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#56Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 6:47pm

Grace is one of the worst reviewers ever. She hated Inside Out, but praised Pixels and Minions. She is like a troll

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#57Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 6:54pm

She's an idiot. Let's all agree never to discuss her again.

Updated On: 9/15/15 at 06:54 PM

FindingNamo
#58Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 6:59pm

Dockery's great. Surprised they didn't go with tge Julie-approved Anne Hathaway, who is more timeless in the manner that Blunt is more contemporary. 

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#59Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 7:10pm

Hathaway would have been great. Maybe we will get to see her in a My Fair Lady remake at some point.

broadwayfreak4 Profile Photo
broadwayfreak4
#60Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 7:26pm

PLEASE don't have Carrie Underwood be attached to this is any way! 

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#61Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 9:27pm

Dockery auditioned for INTO THE WOODS. Not sure if she came close to getting the part, but it'd make sense if Marshall went with her if by any chance Blunt couldn't do it. 

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#62Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 9:31pm

JUST what the world needed!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#63Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 9:35pm

"Emily Blunt OUT. Michelle Dockery IN."

All I can think of is "Bob Goblet OUT; Steve McQueen IN!"

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

PatrickDennis92
#64Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 11:15pm

I too have heard EB is attached, and I think there's a strong chance that will be the case-- I have heard that there is some serious discussion about Amy Adams as a very recent development, within the last couple weeks. I know (or heard, rather, I wasn't there, but I do consider the source more than 50% likely to be true) that Adams did a recent screen test for it. I was not there, so I can only rumor monger with the rest of the commoners. I think EB is a better choice.

Mrs.Banks
#65Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 11:25pm

I personally know people in the casting world in Hollywood. They are looking at actresses. They are not in a hurry to make a decision as they want to get the script right. I can confirm Anne Hathaway and Amy Adams are front runners. I heard Emma Stone is being looked at too. I have not heard about Emily Blunt. Maybe she's also being considered in the second tier (Hathaway and Adams are 1st tier).

I don't know where all these "Emily Blunt is Mary Poppins" rumors come from. Maybe her camp is leaking these rumors. If you look at recent Disney casting announcements, they announcement the project, have the script ready, then they'll find the cast.

If they had selected an actress, it would've announced along with Rob Marshall's involvement this week (see Reese Witherspoon's involvement with Tinkerbell).

PS. I heard Disney wants a famous name. A big name like Amy Adams or Anne Hathaway. I also can see an up and coming actress like Emily Blunt. I think Michelle Dockery is good but she's not a famous name.

Updated On: 9/15/15 at 11:25 PM

FindingNamo
#66Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 11:33pm

They come from a person who decides on somebody's identity, no matter how incorrect, and NEVER LETS IT GO!  So, take Emily Blunt with a grain of correction fluid.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#67Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 11:55pm

I wish Mrs.Banks were Glynis Johns, but I fear she's some trifling heifer we already know. 

Dockery is gonna kill it. 

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#68Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/15/15 at 11:58pm

You know, I could actually see Amy Adams playing the role. She's not as obvious a choice as Anne Hathaway, I don't think, but that could work to the movie's advantage. Plus, I do like her voice the most out of the actresses brought up in this thread so far.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#69Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/16/15 at 10:37am

Just had the perfect bert/mary combo

mary: Emily blunt and Bert: John krasinski, Emily's husband. I don't know if john can sing, but it would be cute if those two were Bert and mary.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

degrassifan
#70Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/16/15 at 2:01pm

"Grace is one of the worst reviewers ever. She hated Inside Out, but praised Pixels and Minions. She is like a troll

I knew Grace was ridiculous when she praised Maleficent but hated Cinderella. Um ok...

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#71Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/16/15 at 2:13pm

I can tell you on good word that Amy Adams is still attached to this for a myriad of reasons. 

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#72Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/16/15 at 2:28pm

"I also can see an up and coming actress like Emily Blunt."

Between The Devil Wears Prada, The Young Victoria, Edge of Tomorrow, and Into The Woods, I wouldn't call her an up-and-coming actress. She may not be the most famous, but her credits and talent have pushed her in to the A List, especially with Into The Woods giving her lots of great praise last year.

Depending on the aging, could Amy Adams be Mrs. Banks?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

lizzyzigs
#73Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/16/15 at 2:31pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "^Though she was still turned down for the film adaptation of My Fair Lady.

"

This was my point. Her many "TV credits" at that point were mostly for her appearances on talk shows/late shows as a Broadway performer--her performance in Cinderella and with Carol Burnett were both "bringing Broadway to the masses" type events. 

Its widely known that she was passed over for My Fair Lady despite having originated the role on Broadway because she was an unknown entity on screen/unproven in Hollywood. (She'd also done many screen tests growing up and the common theme was that she didn't come across well on screen). Some of that doubt supposedly had even been in reference to some negative response to her appearance on screen for that very Cinderella broadcast you mentioned. 

My point is she wasn't someone who was "transitioning to Hollywood" really until Disney saw her whistling during a Camelot performance on a late night show and decided to take a risk on her. 

lizzyzigs
#74Disney doing new live action Mary Poppins musical film
Posted: 9/16/15 at 2:37pm

I agree with the poster who mentioned Laura Michelle Kelley--I know she had Julie's blessing when she created the role on stage--her voice is very similar to Julie's, I know it's likely out of the realm of possibility but I'd love to see that. 

Videos