Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:55am

"They should've just done it at the Rodgers to save everyone time"

Ha!

Updated On: 11/24/15 at 10:55 AM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2670th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/24/15 at 11:39am

They also changed the cutoff date for nominations and the date of the telecast. Why couldn't they keep it on the date they planned?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#2770th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/24/15 at 11:45am

Maybe they couldn't book the Beacon for the day they planned

Sam2
#2870th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/24/15 at 11:51am

Pretty bad news for all those people who thought they had bought a ticket for the first performance of a particular show after the Tony's. 

aaaaaa15
#2970th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/24/15 at 12:03pm

Sam2 said: "Pretty bad news for all those people who thought they had bought a ticket for the first performance of a particular show after the Tony's. 

"

There are 7 $177 orchestra seats on Ticketmaster for the post-Tonys show that seem to have just appeared if anyone is interested.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#3070th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/24/15 at 1:15pm

Why couldn't they keep it on the date they planned?

Maybe the reason why they originally announced June 5th was because they apparently fought to keep it at Radio City Music Hall, which would have allowed more time in between for the striking of the Tonys set and setting up for the New York Spectacular.

Updated On: 11/24/15 at 01:15 PM

Macaw
#3170th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/25/15 at 8:46pm

Will the move to the Beacon make it more difficult for members of the public to get tickets to the Tony Awards? I was hoping to attend this year!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3270th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/25/15 at 8:49pm

Yes, by quite a bit.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#3370th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/25/15 at 8:53pm

Macaw said: "Will the move to the Beacon make it more difficult for members of the public to get tickets to the Tony Awards? I was hoping to attend this year!"

You're not alone, my mother and I were hoping to attend as well.

c0113g3b0y
#3470th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 5:40am

so what trash show is taking the place of this prestigious awards show at RCMH?

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

sklabam
#3570th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:31pm

playoff game conflict.

sklabam
#3670th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:32pm

takes from 6000 seats to 1400 seats or so?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3770th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:38pm

Still think the Kings theatre would have been a much cooler idea.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

OMG2
#3870th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:45pm

He is a genius. I hope they give him The Kennedy Center award before he is 50.

HAMILTON will sweep the Tonys. 

OMG2
#3970th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:45pm

He is a genius. I hope they give him The Kennedy Center award before he is 50.

HAMILTON will sweep the Tonys. 

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#4070th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:51pm

"HAMILTON will sweep the Tonys."

I highly doubt it actually. There's a big chance that the Hamilton actors all go home empty.

Updated On: 11/26/15 at 11:51 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4170th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/27/15 at 12:07am

I agree, Hamilton won't sweep the acting categories, but they will at least get one ala Nikki M. James in Mormon, who was nothing amazing. 

edcrum
#4270th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/27/15 at 9:59am

It will be interesting to see if Cynthia Erivo gets a nod for Color Purple.  If she had been eligible for an Olivier, I think she would have been a safe bet.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#4370th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/27/15 at 10:46am

^It would be so interesting if Cynthia Erivo ends up winning the Tony for John Doyle's production of The Color Purple because 10 years ago, almost everyone thought Patti LuPone was going to win for John Doyle's production of Sweeney Todd. But LaChanze pulled an upset by winning for the original production of The Color Purple.

Broadwaystar2
#4470th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/27/15 at 5:52pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "^It would be so interesting if Cynthia Erivo ends up winning the Tony for John Doyle's production of The Color Purple because 10 years ago, almost everyone thought Patti LuPone was going to win for John Doyle's production of Sweeney Todd. But LaChanze pulled an upset by winning for the original production of The Color Purple.

"

And who at this moment is the front runner for best actress in a musical for you to make such an assessment? 

Jeffrey Karasarides
#4570th Tony Awards Thread
Posted: 11/27/15 at 6:32pm

^I was just saying that it would be interesting. I'm not sure who the frontrunner is at this point.

Ana Villafane did get rave reviews as Gloria Estefan, so don't be surprised if she ends up getting nominated. From what I'm hearing, Cynthia Erivo sounds like she could be a strong contender. Jessie Mueller did of course earn rave reviews while Waitress was out of town. Also don't be surprised if Phillipa Soo ends up getting nominated for Hamilton.

Now we just have to wait for the performances from Laura Benanti, Carmen Cusack, and Audra McDonald.