Jason Danieley in CHICAGO

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#1Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 11:33am

Did anyone catch his first performance last night? I'm considering going back just for him, but want to hear how he fits into the show as a whole before I buy tickets.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 11:50am

He Tweeted this beforehand:

So that's what being shot out of a canon feels like! ?#‎CheckYourPants?

And then posted this on Facebook after:

Had a fantastic first show at Chicago The Musical last night. The cast, crew and orchestra are a caring group of pros who guided me gently through the sexy-ass "three ring circus" that is CHICAGO.

Can't wait to put a little finesse on ol' Billy Flynn over the next few shows and dig deeper over my three month run on Broadway.

See you there?...

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#3Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 11:59am

So, I saw this years and years ago, and had no intention of going back - but - for Jason, I just might.   I have loved all of his performances in anything I've ever seen him in.   And, he's just a good guy.

(I enjoyed the show - just didn't feel the need to see it again)

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#4Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 2:12pm

if Amra doesn't extend past 11/22, I'd wait until she leaves to see it. Hopefully Carly Hughes returns as Velma if Amra leaves.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#5Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 2:13pm

Thanks.  I'll keep an eye out.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Updated On: 10/14/15 at 02:13 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#6Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 2:42pm

Oh, it must be such a treat to see him in CHICAGO. I saw him in the L.A tryouts for CURTAINS and he did a beautiful job with that Kander & Ebb music. And he is sexy as hell, which fits so nicely with this particular show. Would love to hear reports from those who get to see him. It's great when the show casts wonderful Broadway actors who haven't been in it for years.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#7Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 2:54pm

For the record, I saw it with Amra-Faye Wright a few years ago and thought she was great.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#8Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 3:50pm

PalJoey said: 

For the record, I saw it with Amra-Faye Wright a few years ago and thought she was great.

Completely agree. She was my first Velma and the only one I've seen on Broadway and she was fantastic. I'm sure someone new like Danieley also brings out a different kind of energy as well. Honestly, if I lived in NY I'd run to see it...it's Rumer Willis that would make me wait, I guess.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#9Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 5:26pm

ACL... smileyA very talented Velma will fill in for AFW for a few weeks.  After that, the usual thing is for AFW to return for another run.  There are those who wish that would change.  Now, since we have a new and exciting Billy Flynn, then there is cause for joy at the Ambassador. 

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 10/15/15 at 05:26 PM

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#10Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/14/15 at 5:31pm

ray-andallthatjazz86 said: "PalJoey said: 

Completely agree. She was my first Velma and the only one I've seen on Broadway and she was fantastic. I'm sure someone new like Danieley also brings out a different kind of energy as well. Honestly, if I lived in NY I'd run to see it...it's Rumer Willis that would make me wait, I guess."

I really enjoyed Rumer when I saw her last week--she was great.

Updated On: 10/14/15 at 05:31 PM

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#11Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/15/15 at 12:50pm

Is there a reason you keep making these lil comments about me?

ive never claimed to know things that other people don't know. I've just been involved with the show in the past and I have friends in the show.  I just post facts that I know or have been told.  

Grow up Pattifan and stop the lil disses and comments.

btw Amra really isn't as terrible as she's made out to be. Her take on Velma, isn't my personal fav interepatition but she's really not the trainwreck she's made out to be.

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "ACL... smileyTerra C is going into the show after AFW leaves for her several weeks vacation (then usually returns..ugh). frown This is from JBradshaw, who knows all things about the show that we don't know about.  

"

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#12Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/15/15 at 2:29pm

I like you, JBradshaw, but I have to disagree about AFW. Easily the most disinterested, bored, phoning it in Velma I've seen in this revival (though to be fair  I probably haven't seen nearly as many as you have). 

AHTC
#13Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/15/15 at 2:47pm

I was not a super fan of Ms. McLeod when I saw her, though she was ok. The best Velma I've ever seen was Nancy Lemenager, who did it for about 3 minutes.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#14Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/15/15 at 4:23pm

Oh, is she really coming back? She was my first Velma and I loved her!

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#15Jason Danieley in CHICAGO
Posted: 10/15/15 at 5:51pm

I have never said AFW was terrible.  Others have made far more pointed comments about her. I've seen her play as Velma.  She is quite talented.   However,  I do wish that other talented ladies would get the opportunity to play Velma on Broadway.  Whenever someone else actually gets a chance to play the role, then I see in this board that people get excited about the show.  I feel that it would be actually good for the show to see other Velmas in the mix.  I'm sure there are others who feel as I do.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)