pixeltracker

Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress- Page 2

Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#25Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/7/16 at 9:00pm

When this album was released I didn't listen to it much, but the last few days I've been listening to it a lot and these songs are really growing on me. You Matter to Me, Opening Up, Everything Changes, Bad Idea and She Used to Be Mine are all becoming among my favorite Sara Bareilles songs (and I'm a huge fan of her and her work). I hope a cast album is released, I can't wait to hear Jessie Mueller singing the songs (as well as the songs from the show that weren't on the album)

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 3/7/16 at 09:00 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#26Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/7/16 at 9:28pm

Gypsy, those are all favorites of mine too. AND today I downloaded three more onto my iPad. Ugh. So much addiction. I hope my songs, whenever they get music for their lyrics, are half as catchy.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#27Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/7/16 at 9:33pm

Opening Up is my favorite! Really enjoying the whole thing.

Just give the world Love.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#28Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/8/16 at 3:06am

Since the album was released I've revisited it a number of times, but I have to admit the numbers from act one were the only ones I had on repeat. "Door #3" is definitely my favorite.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#29Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/8/16 at 1:00pm

I think She Used To Be Mine will go down as a favorite for musical theater covers, it has so much emotion and amazing singing in it. It's essentially pop with a lot of theater and story in it.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 3/8/16 at 01:00 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#30Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/8/16 at 3:13pm

I've said that poor Bareilles picked the worst possible year to be a contender for the Best Score Tony. In another season, she easily could have won.

My favorite lyric in "Door Number Three" is: "I was wrong to believe that strength makes you strong."

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

pupscotch
#31Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/8/16 at 3:20pm

I hope Sara Bareilles writes more musicals! I love the album and all the videos of the cast singing the songs, and she probably would have won Best Score (if not for Hamilton), so I hope this isn't the last Broadway sees of her and her music!

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#32Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/8/16 at 3:23pm

Though at least she could win a Grammy next year (possibly along with an Outer Critics and/or Drama Desk Award).

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#33Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/8/16 at 8:10pm

I agree that it probably could have won her a Tony in a different season (perhaps next season). I hope she releases sheet music for Waitress, I have all of her albums' sheet books and each one has very accurate piano transcriptions (except for Blessed Unrest, which is very unfortunate). I have SUTBM but I want more of the score to play and sing.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

tripelite Profile Photo
tripelite
#34Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/8/16 at 10:45pm

I have become a bit obsessed with this album.  Love many of the songs and Sara's performances are amazing.  Her live concert of the album (on YouTube) is fantastic. I don't like some of the other songs in the show that are not on this album, but the show have its share of winners.  My main issue with the show is that most of the men in the show are jerks (unless they changed things since Boston), which turned me off.  That said, I'm betting it will have strong appeal for women, young and old.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#35Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:11pm

Well, the men in the movie are jerks, too. That's kinda the point.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#36Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:01am

tripelite said: "My main issue with the show is that most of the men in the show are jerks (unless they changed things since Boston), which turned me off.  That said, I'm betting it will have strong appeal for women, young and old."

The show is supposed to cater and is about feminist(I don't remember the PC term, sorry) ideals. It's also kind of the reason why the top 4 creative team slots are occupied by women. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#37Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:05am

The PC term for feminism may be something like "gender equality."

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#38Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:08am

The PC term for feminism is feminism. And the show is feminist in some ways and not in others.

tripelite Profile Photo
tripelite
#39Sara Bareilles' album released today: What's Inside - Songs from Waitress
Posted: 3/9/16 at 1:03am

Call_me_jorge said: "The show is supposed to cater and is about feminist (I don't remember the PC term, sorry) ideals. It's also kind of the reason why the top 4 creative team slots are occupied by women. "

I love musicals that feature strong, independent women.  It's part of the reason I love shows like Beautiful and Violet. I would call Wicked a feminist musical, and I know many men who love it. I'm thrilled to see an all-female creative team behind Waitress, and I think it's a solid, powerful show. I just disliked several of the key male characters, and I thought they were thinly drawn. I saw the film a while ago, but it didn't bother me as much - perhaps there's something about the jerks all having big musical numbers that made it worse.  I would like to see the show loved by women and men alike, and I hope it's a huge hit.