pixeltracker

Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel

Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel

c0113g3b0y
#1Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 12:39am

Theatre Talk is so much more watchable without that asstwat around. hopefully he NEVER returns. 

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 12:59am

Who would have guessed?

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#3Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 6:17am

As this forum is good for discussion, and differing opinions are valid if not exactly valued, I kinda missed him.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#4Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 6:53am

I like Jesse Green. He's one of my favorite reviewers. Even if I happen not to agree with him, he always has a basis for what he's saying. On Theater Talk, he has been coming up with very thoughtful questions. You can tell he's done his homework. And it's nice that Susan Haskins can actually say something without Riedel blathering on and on as usual. 

c0113g3b0y
#5Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 7:27am

macnyc said: "I like Jesse Green. He's one of my favorite reviewers. Even if I happen not to agree with him, he always has a basis for what he's saying. On Theater Talk, he has been coming up with very thoughtful questions. You can tell he's done his homework. And it's nice that Susan Haskins can actually say something without Riedel blathering on and on as usual. 

"

EXACTLY! I was so happy that Michael Arden and co and George Takei and co got to avoid Michael SH*Tdel when they went on TT. Imagine the stupid and cringeworthy crap that would come out from SH*Tdel's mouth regarding ASL, Deafness or the Japanese internment...I still remember the time when he used the word "transgenderisms" when Taye and Rebecca Naomi went on to talk about Hedwig.

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)
Updated On: 11/12/15 at 07:27 AM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#6Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 8:25am

As this forum is good for discussion, and differing opinions are valid if not exactly valued, I kinda missed him.

I'm kind of on your side, I like Riedel. I know a number of people on these boards just love to hate on him, but he can be a nice guy.

Hopefully he NEVER returns.

He's actually returning this week.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#7Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 8:41am

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#8Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 8:48am

I didn't know about his departure.  Is it permanent?

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#9Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 8:51am

^No, he was only taking a little vacation promoting his book (I think).

c0113g3b0y
#10Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 9:08am

he's returning? ew

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#11Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 10:53am

I don't understand why he hasn't been fired by Haskins yet. His atrocious, sneering, condescending treatment of the FUN HOME authors should have been reason enough. 

c0113g3b0y
#12Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:22am

jv92 said: "I don't understand why he hasn't been fired by Haskins yet. His atrocious, sneering, condescending treatment of the FUN HOME authors should have been reason enough. 

"

Does she actually have the power to do that? Please let her come to her senses lol. Jesse Green and her are a great pair. 

Scarywarhol
#13Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:22am

Oh, don't remind me! What a waste.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#14Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:30am

She's Executive Producer. I don't see why or how Riedel would have more power. He doesn't get any producing credit at the end, I think. Maybe she likes to take his abuse? 

c0113g3b0y
#15Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:32am

jv92 said: "She's Executive Producer. I don't see why or how Riedel would have more power. He doesn't get any producing credit at the end, I think. Maybe she likes to take his abuse

"

LOL.

oh she actually produces the damn thing... gurl, BYE FELICIA his ass pronto...

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#16Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:34am

I don't particularly care for him either. I liked Jessie, but I'd love to see Susan paired with Micheal Musto. I that could be fun.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#17Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:37am

I like Musto, but I find him shallow. He's a perfectly nice guy, but he, too, is a gossip columnist. A fun one, though, who loves his targets and subject. Unlike Riedel, who sort of "fell into" theatre and looks down on us all. 

Having trashed the man, I will say that he weaves a fascinating tale in his new book. Problem is, he needed a fact checker. 

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#18Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:39am

because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat.

I watch On Stage every week on NY1 (TW Cable)

Scarywarhol
#19Theatre Talk more enjoyable without Michael Riedel
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:55am

Huh, I'd never heard of it. I only watch Theater Talk online (no cable), I'll have to look up On Stage.

Videos