pixeltracker

Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...- Page 5

Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#100Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/28/18 at 8:12am

^^^^^

Sorry you have to copy/paste that link. When I post, I don't have any of the options I used to have, (spoiler box, bold, italicize, etc.)

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#101Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/28/18 at 8:30am

Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet... Can someone point out where the theatre is? 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone
Updated On: 9/28/18 at 08:30 AM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#102Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/28/18 at 8:36am

Behind it.

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#103Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/28/18 at 9:13am

and remember thats just an 'impression' so it probably wont be exactly like that, personally i cant see how they can cram a concert venue into that little space between where the theatre starts and the street.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#104Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:51pm

Demolition Of 1568 Broadway Set To Begin This Winter For “TSX Broadway” In Times Square

https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/09/demolition-of-1568-broadway-set-to-begin-this-winter-for-a-ground-up-overhaul-called-tsx-broadway-in-times-square.html

Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...

Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#106Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 1/14/19 at 8:30am

well, once again, Forbes has posted a naive non-news story. I wish there were a snag, but this just sounds like a typical bit of construction-related interference. @zainmax, are you a shill for Forbes? I ask only because it seems the only things you post about arise from (usually wrong, meaningless, or naive) stories in that magazine. What's the deal?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#107Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 1/14/19 at 8:35am

"After the first inch, the rest is just repetitive."

That's what she said!

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#108Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...
Posted: 1/14/19 at 8:45am

Yes this is pretty typical construction and real estate stuff. This will get resolved. 

zainmax
Posted: 1/14/19 at 2:25pm

@Hogan, nope! But, I do read their articles from time to time, and I share whatever I think is interesting (and not already discussed here). I also post things about Michael Riedel and whoever else is still writing about this stuff... I miss Jeremy Gerard. His columns with Jordan Roth were so good!

On topic, does anyone know how long the judge would take to give access or anything? No clue how this stuff works!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
Posted: 1/14/19 at 3:21pm

Glad to hear that! You do seem to have an affinity for half-a-loaf clickbait type stories though Like Riedel these things tend to be lazy/no "reporting." 

On the timing, it depends. If I had to guess, they will settle it relatively soon. But I assume no answer has been filed, so were there a real issue, we don't know that yet (and the article doesn't help uncover that). If there is a good faith basis for resisting, it could drag on for years. 

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
Posted: 1/14/19 at 7:30pm

The hotel has closed and scaffolding has been erected below The Palace marquee. Not part of the project but the McDonalds on the other end of the block is closing soon too. They built a bigger modern one down the block on the Old Criterion theater site so the whole block will be dark.

zainmax
Posted: 1/15/19 at 12:31pm

HogansHero said: "Glad to hear that! You do seem to have an affinity for half-a-loaf clickbait type stories though Like Riedel these things tend to be lazy/no "reporting."

On the timing, it depends. If I had to guess, they will settle it relatively soon. But I assume no answer has been filed, so were there a real issue, we don't know that yet (and the article doesn't help uncover that). If there is a good faith basis for resisting, it could drag on for years.
"

What can I say? The stories catch my eye! (And, I enjoy reading Riedel's column)

I'm sure that this will settle soon. What would be a good faith basis?

zainmax
Posted: 1/15/19 at 12:32pm

amoni said: "The hotel has closed and scaffolding has been erected below The Palace marquee. Not part of the project but the McDonalds on the other end of the block is closing soon too. They built a bigger modern one down the block on the Old Criterion theater site so the whole block will be dark."

What  about the Express store?

AEA AGMA SM
Posted: 1/15/19 at 1:07pm

zainmax said: "What about the Express store?"

What about it? It sits on the far side of the block and is not part of the building that is being raised. They may be one of the buildings that needs this monitoring equipment installed, but it shouldn't affect their operations other than traffic-flow in and out of the store potentially being disrupted and slightly more difficult.

zainmax
Posted: 1/15/19 at 1:24pm

AEA AGMA SM said: "zainmax said: "What about the Express store?"

What about it? It sits on the far side of the block and is not part of the building that is being raised. They may be one of the buildings that needs this monitoring equipment installed, but it shouldn't affect their operations other than traffic-flow in and out of the store potentially being disrupted and slightly more difficult.
"

Sorry misread amoni's comment. He/she/it was talking about the block where Criterion was being dark.

Posted: 1/3/20 at 5:58pm

An update....

https://www.6sqft.com/palace-theatre-overhaul-project-in-times-square-includes-outdoor-stage-and-ball-drop-suites/?utm_source=6sqft+Daily+List&utm_campaign=6a66d578f3-Daily_776_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ac79eda340-6a66d578f3-262536645

Posted: 1/4/20 at 7:35am

An update....

https://www.6sqft.com/palace-theatre-overhaul-project-in-times-square-includes-outdoor-stage-and-ball-drop-suites/?utm_source=6sqft+Daily+List&utm_campaign=6a66d578f3-Daily_776_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ac79eda340-6a66d578f3-262536645